"Burning Friends"-Official Theme of 2012

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

"Burning Friends"-Official Theme of 2012

Postby radical-inclusion » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:17 am

I finally decided on the Official Theme for this year
"Burning Friends"
It's too perfect of a fit for this years ticket drama.

This year there will be many ways you can Burn Friends. You can call these friends "your burgins."

Once you have established yourself as a "Burning Friend" you may begin to Burn your Friends.

This is how it works:

write an email to your campmate (that is, your former campmate) and tell them they did not make the cut this year to the theme camp and will not be offered a vip (last 10,000) ticket.

Once you have established who in your camp will be invited via vip (last 10,000 tickets), you may then follow your Burning Friends as they Burn each other about who is in and who is out.

If you have not had enough Burning drama by the time the event begins, you may now have this Burning conversation all week long in every camp at every turn.

Thanks Borg for ruining 2012
radical-inclusion

Re: "Burning Friends"-Official Theme of 2012

Postby moonrise » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:35 am

Ugh, one thing I think everyone should consider (lurkers and first timers, et al) is once we're in the burn, shut the fuck up about tickets. :twisted:

But yea, it's causing strife....my friends wife almost threw the entire lit BBQ of din din at me for mentioning the "T" word. Instead she just ran it off the end of the deck and into the yard...and we all went to bed hungry.

I mean it, once I'm inside the gates if I hear or if I stupidly say the "T" word someone ain't getting din din...please, radical-incursion....stfu!
Most eplayans are fried on this subject, it used to be so comfortably twisted and quaint here...before the "T" shit storm hit. :cry: Only the brave will.....oh nevermind *Snap* :|

page two arse!
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby radical-inclusion » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:50 am

The T word will be the conversation until Borg takes responsibilty and actions for their "ticketing negligence." So......we are looking at forever since Borg never takes responsibility. Once your in "burning Friends", you will have to talk about tickets or be a mute, and thus you will never eat. What else is there to talk about when every camp has had one of their balls cut off? Also...you are already perpetuating "burning friends" using rude language(thanks for proving my point).
radical-inclusion

Postby moonrise » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:08 am

:|
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby Sham » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:23 am

There is a policy that you have to be a registered user for at least a week before you're allowed to announce the "official theme". Relax my friend--you have 5 days.
Sham

Postby EspressoDude » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:57 am

revolt revolt I say!! burn your tickets!!
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby trilobyte » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:36 am

BORG didn't ruin anything. First, we won't know whether it's ruined until September. And second, the real problem is more demand than supply. 3x more requests for tickets than available tickets to be had, and that's after the system was reworked to block the scalperbots. Had demand not been off the charts this year, there would have been enough to go around so that even with hoarders in the mix chances would have been 3 in 4 or 4 in 5 would get tix, not 1 in 3.

If the whole situation is making you sick or ruining the experience - take the year off. It won't kill you - every year, lots of truly amazing burners take the year off for a variety of reasons.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby remi » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:35 am

moonrise wrote:Ugh, one thing I think everyone should consider (lurkers and first timers, et al) is once we're in the burn, shut the fuck up about tickets. :twisted:

Can we start that now?
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby radical-inclusion » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:06 am

From What I take Trilobyte, you are closely embedded with the Borg. Therefore you are proving my point by continuing to "never" admit that you or (your best friends who run the Borg) ruined BM 2012.

Trilobyte wrote:
Had demand not been off the charts this year, there would have been enough to go around so that even with hoarders in the mix chances would have been 3 in 4 or 4 in 5 would get tix, not 1 in 3.

This argument is numerically illogical ad has been proven time and time again on the forum to be absolutely false-you should be aware of these posts Trilobyte, since you are all over the forum. do you need me to direct you to the people who have already spent hours proving you wrong?

Burning Man 2012 is ruined because Borg has such a big ego that they didn't listen to their constituents urging them to sell tickets with id attached so that their could not be scalpers....their is also thread on here with more details on how the id process would work well and not be a big deal.

Trilobyte-if you are going to respond to my post please understand that you better come prepared

Burning Friends 2012
radical-inclusion

Postby ygmir » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:13 am

R-I:

just so you know......you are biting off way more than you can chew.......and standing on thin ice as you do.
Trilo, is a very fair, open fellow.......and much more patient with people such as your self, than many others would be.

maybe, just unbunch your panties, and go to the jack yard, and back off some.....it'll make it all better.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby radical-inclusion » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:25 am

R-I:

just so you know......you are biting off way more than you can chew.......and standing on thin ice as you do.
Trilo, is a very fair, open fellow.......and much more patient with people such as your self, than many others would be.

maybe, just unbunch your panties, and go to the jack yard, and back off some.....it'll make it all better.
YGMIR

You must also be closely embedded with the Borg YGMIR.

Why am I on thin ice? What thin ice am I on? Who's thin ice am I on?
explain yourself YGMIR
radical-inclusion

Postby lucky420 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:28 am

So radical-inclusion,
are you going to bm this year?
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby radical-inclusion » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:33 am

yea, Im going to my regional Burn, not interested in going to the main event this year.
radical-inclusion

Postby trilobyte » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:43 am

@radical-inclusion - congratulations, you've discovered the very, very obvious. As both a moderator and the site admin, I work with Burning Man. As for ruining Burning Man 2012, with the event still more than 5 months away it's impossible to say exactly what the impact will be. Last year, a lot of folks cried out that Burning Man was ruined, and it turned out to be an amazing year. As for claims that my info is illogical or has been proven wrong, sorry to disappoint but I'm working with a pretty accurate dataset. And as for tickets with id-attached, it's been covered exhaustively on the board for months - it posed a few logistical problems and was not a possibility for this year. It's also worth pointing out that in a situation where demand is greater than supply, id-attached tickets isn't a magic solution. Tens of thousands of people who want to go to Glastonbury aren't able to get tickets, and it often leads to groups of friends that get split up when several in the group aren't successful in getting tickets.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:10 am

By "t-word" we mean "troll", yes?
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Postby moonrise » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:22 am

I needed to eat, so I'm breaking my muteness. Yeah, I'd say trollish, that's why I didn't adhere to the 2nd page rule.

I can imagine it must be a tough decision process for (most) camp leads to choose who gets an alotted ticket and who does not.

Good luck to them, be strong, and most of us will see you in the dust :)
moonrise

Postby The CO » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:23 am

radical-inclusion wrote:Why am I on thin ice? What thin ice am I on? Who's thin ice am I on?

Mine. You are acting trollish, spouting about a subject you clearly don't know much about, behaving in a manner which is frowned upon socially on this board, and attacking one of the best moderators out there.

Here are a couple options for you:

A-Bugger off.

-or-

B-Introduce yourself, read a little, stop acting like an ass, and maybe you can learn something here.
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Postby ygmir » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:44 am

radical-inclusion wrote:
R-I:

YGMIR

You must also be closely embedded with the Borg YGMIR.

Why am I on thin ice? What thin ice am I on? Who's thin ice am I on?
explain yourself YGMIR

well..........
"thin ice" in this case, means I think you are talking "out of your hat". Sorry if my analogy was lost.
I'd also relate it, to other folks here, whom I'm sure agree with me, regarding Trilo et al.
just saying, you may be painting yourself into a corner, and, taxing the good feelings of some here.

I sense a bit of "machismo" in your reply, as well.
Please, understand, I am not a physically confrontational person, and being a slight and demure sort of man, try not to go there. I hope this is not an attempt to bully or intimidate me.

Demanding I explain myself? well, I hope I did.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby BBadger » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:45 am

Abandon all hope ye fair-weather burner.

Hopefully there are some long-lasting effects to this ticket debacle, and many fair-weather burners don't return.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Postby remi » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:02 pm

p.s... scalpers aren't the problem.. scarcity is. I.D. attached tickets doesn't help that issue.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby homo ardentum » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:26 pm

R-I is just an attention grabbing jackass troll who gets off on trying to create a kerfuffle. Let's just end the thread now and he'll blow away in the dust. Have fun at the regional, R-I, and am glad i wont be seeing you back at Home!
homo ardentum

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp Carnivore

Postby wh..sh » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:35 pm

radical-inclusion wrote:yea, Im going to my regional Burn, not interested in going to the main event this year.

Is this because you didnt get the tickets?
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby graidawg » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:55 pm

can we start a list of users of this forum who start a ticket thread and enroll them in the thunderdome pre-event slaughter. kind of feed the heathens to the lions thing. It may be too late for this year but it could avoid a few dozen repetitive threads next year.

Trilo, you're involved with the Borg? well picard managed to avoid assimilation :) just dont forget the spam, it goes well with marmite (but tatses aweful with vegemite)
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:56 pm

Perhaps the true theme is "Sour Grapes". You'll notice it goes well with Polka.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Postby Drawingablank » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:01 pm

Even though I'm one of the ticketless masses, I must say that all these threads with a theme of doom and gloom, finger pointing / blame placing, evil Borg, etc... are really starting to wear thin.

The horse is now just a red smear, so lets stop flogging it and get on with our lives.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby pink » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:07 pm

Poor horsie!

Methinks RI was not allotted a camp ticket and is now whining to the masses. And if that is any indication of RI's personality, I can see why he or she was not one of the 'chosen'. Who wants that attitude in camp??
Let 'em pick Mosquitopilate instead, I'd rather see him there!
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby four20ps » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:43 pm

I predicted this shit last year before burning man 2011. I was telling a unnamed leader of disorient and told him watch next year where all fucked, to many people wanna come not only cause of burning man, but its 2012 for shit sakes. I dont believe in the 2012 theorys, but I knew that everyone thought 2012 is my year for burning man cause its the end of the world. or some hippe could think its 2012, the planets will align, I have to go to burning man and meditate cause the galaxy is one, and so on and so on. 2012 is a big year for us all and I knew people would make sure no matter what 2012 is my year for burning man (i know a few people who planned this way) I of course was laughed at and told I didnt know what i was talking about that at most, 63,0000 people would want to go. I wish I could see that foo at decompression again so I can tell him who was right... I believe ticket demand will go down next year but still sell out of course.
four20ps

Burning Since: 2010

Postby BBadger » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:48 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Perhaps the true theme is "Sour Grapes".

That's a perfect description of it.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:58 pm

The dogs bark, but the caravan move on! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby The CO » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:35 am

trilobyte wrote:BORG didn't ruin anything. First, we won't know whether it's ruined until September. And second, the real problem is more demand than supply. 3x more requests for tickets than available tickets to be had, and that's after the system was reworked to block the scalperbots.

STOP TALKING LOGICALLY!
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Next

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion