Gratitude.

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Gratitude.

Postby BirthChazz » Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:28 pm

Many thanks to all who shrugged off feelings of disillusionment to give their tickets back to STEP. It was a leap of faith, and I appreciate your generosity.

I know a lot of people who contribute a great deal to Burning Man are still looking for tickets. I want to say- thank you for participating year after year- your stories, photos and wisdom sparked my imagination, curiosity, and fueled my desire to go and be part of your community.

What I have to offer is humble- I am a nurse, a lactation consultant, a birth doula, a mother, and a friend. I try my best to provide love, caring, support, compassion and understanding to everyone who crosses my path.

I want to make it clear that by having the opportunity to attend through the STEP program, I do not feel entitled, or deserving, but simply lucky. The universe has not gifted this ticket to me because "I deserve it." It has come to me through my willingness to seek it, and from having a life that allows me to spend that much money, and leisure time- where I do not have to be working. I also have a family who will look after my child and keep him safe while I am gone. I have a husband who is biting back his disappointment at not yet having a ticket to tell me congratulations.

I am not deserving, but I do feel gratitude to my family, friends, and the openness of strangers.

Thank you for this opportunity to create, to share, to use my skills.

BirthChazz
“How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.” George Washington Carver
BirthChazz

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Spanky's Wine Bar

Re: Gratitude.

Postby avalon25 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:16 pm

I love your post.
I get a ticket through step too and i feel so grateful to this stranger who selled his extra ticket to me...
I love you all, bons baiser de France :)
avalon25

Postby maryanimal » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:40 pm

Your post is so honest and heartfelt. I do wish for your husband a ticket to share the experience with you! The playa needs you both!
Sometimes I'm confused by what I think is really obvious. But what I think is really obvious obviously isn't obvious.
maryanimal

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Mosquitopilate » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:23 am

I think that the #1 thing that burningman offers is the incredible people that you come across not just the art or the camps the burn or the playa itself. My past visits to the playa the one thing I took home and had the most conversations about were the great men & women I met. That is why it hurts when you can't go, well at least thats what think but the earlier post just shows that there is passion just to get there. I am still trying to get there aswell but I just wanted to say to the people who bust there ass every year all year thank you.
Twitter - @BurnPlayaMan E-Mail - Mosquitopilate@yahoo.com Image
Thanks to all that made BM 2012 great. You people are the best on planet earth )'( )'( )'(
Mosquitopilate

Burning Since: 2001

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion