STEP has launched... but server crashed immediately

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: STEP has launched... but server crashed immediately

Postby starren » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:05 pm

After all the buildup and speeches about listening to the community and taking measures to correct the lottery fiasco,STEP turns out to be a disaster, an embarrassment. From reading the comments, there appears to be a lot of even angrier burners out there. (Maybe there's an app in that.) At the moment, STEP appears to be a fraud. First they announce the program was going to open up on the 22nd of February. Then they changed it to the 27th. A day before the 27th, they announce that it only opens on the 27th for those placing tickets into the program and that it opens on the 29th for those looking to get on the waiting list to buy tickets. Then, after a month of anticipation and anxiety, less than an hour before those looking to buy tickets are graciously allowed to sign up to get in a queue for the possibility of buying a ticket, they announce that the STEP program will be shut down once 2000 people have joined the queue, and that it would only open up again if enough tickets are placed into the system to satisfy those 2000 people. To add further insult to injury, they say that when the system opens up again, they are not going to tell anyone. Hmmm. If this were not enough, at noon when the system opens up for the first time, immediately the server is overwhelmed and most people can't connect to sign up, even if they were in the first 2000. After just 15 minutes the system shuts down completely with only a lucky few who won the signup lottery getting signed up and offered a ticket. Its an Incredible way to treat people... people who are your most ardent supporters.

Postby BBadger » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:45 pm

It's the first day. Have some patience.

Sheesh, of course people were crying bloody murder the first day of the other programs too.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby lemur » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:01 am

i bet that 2000 people were in the queue when they closed it.
Don't link to anything here!
Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby mdmf007 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:01 am

Please keep your arms and legs inside the ride at all times.
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)
Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Postby BarShirley » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:14 am

I had 2 screens open Chrome & Explorer, fingers were busy hitting refresh same as everyone else.
I cried with joy my confirmation came @ 12:21 & 12:22 Think I'm just inside the 2000 cut off.

This has been the longest, most emotional journey EVER. My Playa Wedding is soooo close now.
Praying to the Playa Gods and the wonderful people who sell tickets back to STEP.

Good Luck to you all :)

To Give, To Love, To Share, To Grow.

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion