Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Postby LostinReno » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:55 pm

lucky420 wrote:
happy truk
By the way, how is everyone going about reporting this?

I haven't reported it yet. I am waiting for a couple of days into the work week to see if BM address this or if STEP tix really start to flow again.

I got the same email time stamped at 5:15am, I just replied on the link, I'll keep you posted if I get a response....Ugggh, this is so cruel. :evil: :evil: :evil:
LostinReno

Burning Since: 2009

Postby vargaso » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:00 pm

I emailed the ticket dept. yesterday, I'm assuming they're off for the weekend, hoping to hear back tomorrow on what happened. I coincidentally got offered a ticket not a couple hours before getting the STEP email, so I'm buying that one, but I'd still like to know what the heck happened.
vargaso

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Postby Grokstar » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:17 pm

lemur wrote:the powers that be told folks in february that the STEP program shouldnt be peoples only hope..

it's important to note that STEP will have only as many tickets available as there are people who sell their tickets into it. We believe that people will also be selling/giving tickets within their immediate circle of friends and local community- and we aren’t trying to change that. ......there is a fair amount of summertime turnover as the event gets closer and life events cause Burners’ plans to change. We encourage you to first seek out tickets from your immediate community of friends and cohorts, as well as any other avenues for acquiring face-value, legitimate tickets as you can find, without patronizing scalpers.

if folks are still waitin at the edge of their seat for STEP to save them.. theyve missed the message..

of course not everyone is near a burner community but that cant stop everyone.. there are tickets out there to be found.. get involved, online.. or in person.. http://regionals.burningman.com/ facebook/eplaya/regional lists ...good place to do stuff (maybe shoulda been involved months ago!)

just look through the history of this thread.. there are numerous examples of people getting tickets outside of STEP .. it can work!

time is running out, y'all ..in 3 weeks STEP will be done for. ...dont patiently wait too long.

Lemur.....

Not my only hope....and I haven't been patiently waiting for STEP to save me. Just trying to get me and my little camp of 10 people to the burn. Only three of our group got tickets through the lottery. We got one more ticket through a personal contact, two through another campmates STEP, have posted requests on e-playa, Craigslist and other available options. I am still waiting for my two STEP tickets to come through and still hopeful that we will find another couple on the open market as summer progresses. This will be my 10th burn. AND I have read this entire thread.

I still see no need for the secrecy regarding how many people are remaining on the STEP list.

Sweet Playa Dreams
Grokstar

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Three Chord Camp

Postby Grokstar » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:20 pm

wh..sh wrote:
SERIOUSLY! Come on!!! Staying on this thread helps in no way. Get out there and enjoy the beautiful weather!

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to find an extension cord........

I was being a little over dramatic earlier. I do actually go outside sometimes! Just picked some onions, zucchini and beans from my backyard garden, and fed the chickens.
Grokstar

Burning Since: 2002
Camp Name: Three Chord Camp

Postby calirobert » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:25 pm

calirobert wrote:8) :D :D :lol: :lol: :) :P YES YES YES YES WOOOHAAAAA!!!!! two tix at $390, EMAIL came in at 6:23am, time stamp 12:18:24... just now check my email and bought the tix

purchasing my tickets was a traumatic experience, was getting a message about my visa card "card does not match address... used another card". DON,T HAVE ANOTHER CARD!!! i know the address was right, The 15:00 min timer was at 2 min. was ssooo close could smell the dust, i called my bank they said the problem is with borg and was charge $1.o8 from borg. after a ten min recovery, retried and purchase the 2 tix.
Do not give up i feel for everyone trying to get tix
calirobert

Postby wh..sh » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:35 pm

Grokstar wrote:
wh..sh wrote:
SERIOUSLY! Come on!!! Staying on this thread helps in no way. Get out there and enjoy the beautiful weather!

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to find an extension cord........

I was being a little over dramatic earlier. I do actually go outside sometimes! Just picked some onions, zucchini and beans from my backyard garden, and fed the chickens.

No way! :)
I am glad to hear that. I will maybe give you a bit of my ticket magic potion, only if you assure not to waste your summer.
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby junglesmacks » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:44 pm

Just because this is almost as good as my tongue in your ear.

ALMOST..
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby wh..sh » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:09 pm

oh boy... are we drunk posting again? :P
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby ladywednesday » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:18 am

I had to put my other ticket back in step because the flake gods reared their heads... So I will have my one in hand ticket coming soon and will be rolling solo this year. someone snapped up that ticket in two minutes :-) so see y'all in the dust!
Wednesday
ladywednesday

Camp Name: Revofuckinlution

Postby junglesmacks » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:21 am

wh..sh wrote:oh boy... are we drunk posting again? :P

Busted!

"Trust me.. I'm a professional."
junglesmacks

Postby Arnoldo » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:25 am

Hang in there STEPers. I looked into my crystal balls today and I saw good things on the horizon! :mrgreen:
Peace full anarchy in a place called crazy...
Arnoldo

Postby fresh » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:28 am

junglesmacks wrote:Image

Just because this is almost as good as my tongue in your ear.

ALMOST..

Love this!!!! I love a little Hoffee in the morning!!!

Not so sure about his shirt selection, though.
"All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers.
Each another's audience inside the gilded cage." - N. Peart
"SAFETY THIRD" - Some idiot
fresh

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Black Rock Roller Disco

Postby FIGJAM » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:39 am

Oh reeeeeeeally!

"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby fresh » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:22 am

Wow, Al must have a bad gambling problem if he had to do that commercial!!!!

I am still surprised at the small amount of posts for received tickets out of the 1000 that were put into STEP. Personally the org really should close out the STEP queue before they perform any other sale. How can you put someone in a line and then tell them they have to get in another line. In fact they should put all the tickets into STEP and then allow more people into it if there are any extras left. My 2¢...
"All the worlds indeed a stage and we are merely players, performers and portrayers.
Each another's audience inside the gilded cage." - N. Peart
"SAFETY THIRD" - Some idiot
fresh

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Black Rock Roller Disco

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:24 am

fresh wrote:Not so sure about his shirt selection, though.

Ah, the 70s were years of awesome clothing design...

(But on this board, there's only one definition of "Hof".)
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby freeeeeman » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:55 am

fresh wrote:Wow, Al must have a bad gambling problem if he had to do that commercial!!!!

I am still surprised at the small amount of posts for received tickets out of the 1000 that were put into STEP. Personally the org really should close out the STEP queue before they perform any other sale. How can you put someone in a line and then tell them they have to get in another line. In fact they should put all the tickets into STEP and then allow more people into it if there are any extras left. My 2¢...

i was in favor of the open sale initially b/c i ass/u/me-d that 1k tickets in STEP would get us well into the 20s. but the surprising thing is that they aren't more open about .... everything. perhaps there's a good reason, but i'm more of the open book type...

but seriously.... we only moved to the 12:18s? who'd of thought?
freeeeeman

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Dodgeball Addiction

Postby OldSoulYoungBody » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:15 am

The only realistic answer is that way more than 2000 people got into step. Possibly 3000 or 4000, before the gates closed
"Every man dies, but not every man really lives"
OldSoulYoungBody

Postby junglesmacks » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:26 am

..or that they didn't release all the 1000 all at the same time but are doing it in batches. That gets my vote.
junglesmacks

Postby OldSoulYoungBody » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:37 am

That could be the case. Its just that they said all 1000 went into the program a week from yesterday. Hard to tell what is the real story
"Every man dies, but not every man really lives"
OldSoulYoungBody

Postby scott_k » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:51 am

junglesmacks wrote:..or that they didn't release all the 1000 all at the same time but are doing it in batches. That gets my vote.

This certainly seems more probable than 1000 tickets (500+ timestamps) falling between 12:17 and 12:18. Based on the (sometimes unreliable) numbers some have posted on this thread, to speculate that all of the tickets were distributed to STEPpers between 12:17 and 12:18 would indicate that the timestamp is only an accurate measurement of the queue progress by a factor of 10 or 12. While I feel that the timestamp only serves as a rough estimate, it seems exceedingly unlikely that it would be that inaccurate, considering that the server hardware functions at a somewhat consistent rate when it is working at its full potential.

o_0

I am not an expert, however. Just an amateur expert.
scott_k

Burning Since: 2011

Postby vargaso » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:56 am

My guess is, that with all these false positive emails being reported (including mine), that there is a glitch with their email software and that the people receiving the false positive emails are, in fact, in line to get tickets. I haven't heard back from the ticket dept. after emailing them on Saturday. I'm sure they and the goddamn inTicketing are scrambling to fix it. I honestly can't see giving inTicketing another chance next year.
vargaso

Postby moonwatcher » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:37 am

Arnoldo wrote:Hang in there STEPers. I looked into my crystal balls today and I saw good things on the horizon! :mrgreen:

:D
Sure hope your crystal balls are connected to the right channels... :lol:
Thanks for the encouragement, Arnoldo!
I needed it just now... :)
Buy the ticket, take the ride!
moonwatcher

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: The Dusty Beavers

Postby Eric » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:06 pm

vargaso wrote:I'm sure they and the goddamn inTicketing are scrambling to fix it. I honestly can't see giving inTicketing another chance next year.

It doesn't matter how me we think inTicketing screws up every year, year after year, it matters what the Board thinks; for some reason they like inTicketing and keep sticking with them ("supporting a Burner business" etc). With all the seat-of-the-pants thinking around ticket sales this year I sadly have the feeling they're going to be more lenient in their thinking towards inTicketing, not less.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Radical Self » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:26 pm

12:18:34 here. 3 seconds away from the last ticketed report by Vargaso before the server test MOOP (Mail Out Of Place). I haven't been on e-Playa in quite some time but have been living the life outside with as much radical participation as I can muster. I have also been reading this thread and wondering whether the server test is to figure out how to distribute this comparatively massive amount of tickets as opposed to the few that were trickling in. Or maybe it has nothing to do with that at all. On a positive note, I know that the Las Vegas based fire act Flameology was just chosen by BM to be part of the event and was given tickets to attend :twisted:, which (I have been told) means that more tickets go back into STEP since some of the performers already had tickets and must sell them back to STEP to get the performer tickets. Not trying to give "false positives" here. Just manifesting as much goodness as possible for all who want to burn on the Playa.
Radical Self

Postby trilobyte » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:30 pm

The STEP queue likely had some number greater than 2000 registrants, as the email sent out back on February 29 stated they had twenty different servers accepting registrations. Plus remember, by very popular request the limit was two tickets per registrant.

1000 tickets were all submitted into STEP last Sunday. Not doled out in tiny batches over the course of several days. Where things would likely feel like it was coming in waves is because of the 72 hour time limit. If a person gets an email but does nothing with it (either buys it or forfeits it), then the ticket sits there in waiting for 72 hours. So Wednesday night there would have been another wave of ticket offers going out (tickets from Sunday that had not been purchased), and then another wave on Saturday.

People pass on their STEP offers for all kinds of reasons. They may have gotten tickets through some other means, they may have registered without realizing that the tickets were not transferable and have no plans to bring grandma to the gates to pick up tickets, they may just have made other plans and are no longer interested (or are able) to come to Burning Man.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby LostinReno » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:39 pm

trilobyte wrote:1000 tickets were all submitted into STEP last Sunday. Not doled out in tiny batches over the course of several days. Where things would likely feel like it was coming in waves is because of the 72 hour time limit. If a person gets an email but does nothing with it (either buys it or forfeits it), then the ticket sits there in waiting for 72 hours. So Wednesday night there would have been another wave of ticket offers going out (tickets from Sunday that had not been purchased), and then another wave on Saturday.

Sooooo, I was notified Sunday morning that I had ticket(s) available, then once I clicked on the link (like many others) I was told the email was sent in error due to server testing. I don't know of anyone that actually got a STEP ticket that was sent out on Sunday. Has anyone heard anything on the "server" issue? I inquired but haven't heard back from them.
LostinReno

Burning Since: 2009

Postby lemur » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:46 pm

what more do you need from the ticketing people ?....youre asking for a double confirmation of the same thing the message said ?

'this was sent out on accident during routine tests blahblah' I NEED TO EMAIL THEM TO FIND OUT WHAT THIS MEANS ...... a reply probably says 'it was sent out on accident during routine tests'
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby lucky one » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:54 pm

I was just able to purchase 2 tickets at $390 through STEP. I received the false notification early Sunday morning that I could purchase. but of course that was false - at that time. anyway, just went and checked the link again, and now it worked. original time stamp 12:18:50. although, I realize that means nothing. 8)
lucky one

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: last camp

Postby Tanzremix » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:56 pm

trilobyte wrote:The STEP queue likely had some number greater than 2000 registrants, as the email sent out back on February 29 stated they had twenty different servers accepting registrations. Plus remember, by very popular request the limit was two tickets per registrant.

1000 tickets were all submitted into STEP last Sunday. Not doled out in tiny batches over the course of several days.

Trilo, you do great work around here, thank you for the info/update.

The org on the other hand... Image
Tanzremix

Postby vargaso » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:57 pm

lemur wrote:what more do you need from the ticketing people ?....youre asking for a double confirmation of the same thing the message said ?

'this was sent out on accident during routine tests blahblah' I NEED TO EMAIL THEM TO FIND OUT WHAT THIS MEANS ...... a reply probably says 'it was sent out on accident during routine tests'

Because EVERYONE who got an email on Sunday, which was 72 hours after the 1000 tickets were released, seems to have gotten that error message. It's almost certain it was not a "routine server test" but instead, a defect in how the email links were tied to the online ticket form.
vargaso

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion