Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Did you get a STEP Ticket?

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:53 am

clocksnmirrors wrote:grokstar that timestamp bracelet is priceless!!

makes me want to fashion a timestamp codpiece...

That one there could probably be easily adapted into a cock ring.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby scott_k » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:16 am

Looks like we'll see another JRS blog posting this afternoon. I'm going to go cut my fingernails so that I gnaw them off in the meantime *refreshes email and bites nails a little bit*.
scott_k

Burning Since: 2011

Postby fritz » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:32 am

I am sorry, but this multiple STEP offers thing is crazy! :shock: I would love to know what is going on. I am not freaking out because I am sure everything will be fixed, but it is definitely a mindbender.
fritz

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Ano » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:48 am

Well, I'll be the naysayer, but I guess it makes sense as to why they are putting them into STEP. I was there at 11:45 preparing on three computers trying to get one name in, refreshing constantly once it started, one on a different wi-fi connection borrowed from a willing neighbor just in case... and when it closed, I still hadn't been able to go through once. I really hope they reopen the queue or something, at least. Hell, reopen and don't close it, to give some of us out there that are completely high and dry (non-burner community, local and craigslists within three hours refreshed thrice daily, and an eplaya window open on tickets offered and my own thread in wanted that I refresh once an hour when I get a chance. I've even tried to find a project within two hours of me to volunteer, but they either don't want me or they don't exist) What's a dude like me who has only been for one year, hasn't made the connections yet but has put considerable effort into it, and didn't luck out with the lottery to do? I've gone through practically every avenue possible, but it's really starting to look like 2012 won't be for me, no matter how much I pretend to hope that there will be a flood of tickets at or near face value :cry: A

Either way, I've been pumping dollars into my own art project (polar bear bike with movable eyes and legs that walk!) and my own personal camp infrastructure (finishing my yurt and swamp cooler soon, then I'm going to move on to an evap pond for myself, and then I'm getting EL-wire and decorating my Monkey Hut, and if I finish all that I'm gonna try and cut out some giant wooden letters to make myself visibile on the inevitable satellite photo when I get my ticket in 2017), so that I'll really be ready for my next one.

Sucks to have gotten into this stuff in 2011. People treat me like some sparklepony-nooblet that doesn't care about anything for some reason, it's impossible to find tickets for the next event with my year-two zealotry that apparently many go through, and it's disheartening to see things sort of become sketchy and grimy, after going through an absolutely life-changing experience covered in a rose hue. And the fact that I'm starting to be willing to pay above face value to secure my ability to actually use the stuff I've built and created in the environment I expected to is apparently the worst thing on earth, but sorry, not all of us live in the SF bay area and are able to attend mini-regional events every weekend., nor are all of us lucky enough to live in a community that is active and alive. I've been on the regional mailing list for my area since I got home, and I haven't actually gotten a single damn e-mail since february, because it looks dead. I even sent an email through it and got no response. It's tough. I work, I volunteer in my own life, I can't take much time off beyond that week for TTITD, and sorry, but a regional event in a community center with 250 people two and a half hours away from where I live that goes from 1pm-9pm isn't the most enjoyable thing, fun as it is. I've gone to one or two small ones in my area, and, while fun, it's really not TTITD, and no matter how much people like to say that small regionals are awesome, I have yet to feel like anything I've been to comes close to matching anything I experienced out there. I also can't find a multi-day camping regional within a day or so drive from me, and that's just not plausible with my schedule and my stillborn dream of getting a ticket and getting one for my GF and trekking out there this August. Well, I'll cease my whining now. This is a pretty large post. Weee!

Also, congratulations to to those that get their ticket on STEP in the coming days! Really, I am happy for you. The more people who get to go home that want to go home, the better! :)
Ano

Camp Name: Everlasting Fuck-you's

Postby VultureChow » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:52 am

fritz wrote:I am sorry, but this multiple STEP offers thing is crazy! :shock: I would love to know what is going on. I am not freaking out because I am sure everything will be fixed, but it is definitely a mindbender.

Given the timing, I can't help but wonder if it's a glitch associated with their prep for reopening STEP and/or feeding more tickets into it.
FREE THE STRIPPERS!
VultureChow

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Hooker @ Barbie Death Village

Postby gyre » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:55 am

You may have noticed that most of the people that make fun of those posting looking for tickets, live in cities where finding a ticket is laughably easy.

As you said, most people don't live anywhere close to a project they could join in with.
I've seen a few offered out west.
gyre

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:58 am

VultureChow wrote:Given the timing, I can't help but wonder if it's a glitch associated with their prep for reopening STEP and/or feeding more tickets into it.

Okay, okay, okay, I'm really sorry to say this, but it seems like people are starting to go in for magical thinking in a big way. I know, I'm a heretic--I don't believe in the timestamp--but the probelm with interpreting things as new tickets going in--well, it could just as easily be a disgruntled inticketing staff person playing creepy games. In all likelyhood it's just some other sort of bug that has nothing to do with new tickets, and you're leading yourself astray.

I am a believer in Jon Frum...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.

theCryptofishist

Postby Jiggles » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:02 pm

Hey Guys, I've been following this thread forever and just wanted to let you all know that I got my step tickets today! My timestamp was 12:16:50 :D Good luck to those still waiting.
Jiggles

Burning Since: 2005

Postby VultureChow » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:06 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:
VultureChow wrote:Given the timing, I can't help but wonder if it's a glitch associated with their prep for reopening STEP and/or feeding more tickets into it.

Okay, okay, okay, I'm really sorry to say this, but it seems like people are starting to go in for magical thinking in a big way. I know, I'm a heretic--I don't believe in the timestamp--but the probelm with interpreting things as new tickets going in--well, it could just as easily be a disgruntled inticketing staff person playing creepy games. In all likelyhood it's just some other sort of bug that has nothing to do with new tickets, and you're leading yourself astray.

I am a believer in Jon Frum...

You're right of course. I do think the timing is interesting though. I thought JRS mentioned an announcement about any new tickets coming this week.

I think I'm having sympathy pains though. Last night I dreamed I was in STEP and I got the email.
FREE THE STRIPPERS!
VultureChow

Camp Name: Camp Hooker @ Barbie Death Village

Postby Savannah » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Congratulations, Jiggles! :D Welcome to the board.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby tSmalls » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:30 pm

I leave the internet for a short time and LOOK at all this good news that's come about in my absence! AND FEET OF CLAY!! HOORAYYY!!!! Ohhh man. This board continues to warm my heart. Much love to all my fellow step siblings. I'll be seeing you ALL in the dust. :D
Meet me at The Roost
tSmalls

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: The Neighborhood!

Postby oneburningticket » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Ano wrote:What's a dude like me who has only been for one year, hasn't made the connections yet but has put considerable effort into it, and didn't luck out with the lottery to do? I've gone through practically every avenue possible, but it's really starting to look like 2012 won't be for me, no matter how much I pretend to hope that there will be a flood of tickets at or near face value :cry:

Have you submitted an entry into my no-strings-attached giveaway? viewtopic.php?f=291&t=55932
oneburningticket

Postby Ano » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:06 pm

Yes, and my girlfriend is in the process of writing one too for herself.
Ano

Camp Name: Everlasting Fuck-you's

Postby ApolloPan » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:10 pm

Citizens rejoice! Got my two STEP tickets today- time to fix up the Guinea pig art car & bring the party cannon to bear!Also, what day/time/place will the STEP children celebration be on the playa?
The Dust Gods are smiling on us, don't lose faith in the great Time Stamp in the sky!
ApolloPan

Postby fritz » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:17 pm

Congrats Jiggles and Apollo!
fritz

Postby lucky420 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:29 pm

this "neener" goes out special to ApolloPan,

**neener, neener, told ya so, told ya so**

hugs and CONGRATS
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby calirobert » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:21 pm

Congratulation Jiggles and ApolloPan
calirobert

Postby nemonemo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:20 pm

Looks like we've almost made it through the 16th step. How many steps are there on this stepladder? 30? 31? Holding my breath (I'm afraid of heights)...

nemonemo 16'59"
nemonemo

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:25 pm

I got in about 12:22. However, some "rungs" are further apart than others.
The Lady with a Lamprey

theCryptofishist

Postby gyre » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:31 pm

nemonemo wrote:Looks like we've almost made it through the 16th step. How many steps are there on this stepladder? 30? 31? Holding my breath (I'm afraid of heights)...

nemonemo 16'59"

There are thirty nine steps.
gyre

Postby simba9 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi all... fellow step-child in waiting of foster tickets here... Is 39 the really the last time stamp? mine is 21:25... Congrats to all who have gotten tickets and good luck to all the rest!
simba9

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Campoline

Postby Eric » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:26 pm

simba9 wrote:Hi all... fellow step-child in waiting of foster tickets here... Is 39 the really the last time stamp? mine is 21:25... Congrats to all who have gotten tickets and good luck to all the rest!

Nobody knows what the last time stamp is because nobody knows how many people are in the queue (I won't even get into the "accuracy of timestamps" stuff).

"39 Steps" is a Hitchcock reference to the post above it asking about "steps".
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scammers and Scalpers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby simba9 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:40 pm

Got it... Thanks. Yeah, reference went right over my head haha. Ok, well I'm keeping my fingers crossed about the possibility of the extra tickets going into the STEP program! Good luck everybody!
simba9

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Campoline

Postby nemonemo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:13 pm

gyre wrote:
nemonemo wrote:Looks like we've almost made it through the 16th step. How many steps are there on this stepladder? 30? 31? Holding my breath (I'm afraid of heights)...

nemonemo 16'59"

There are thirty nine steps.

Good one :)

Looks like AA's got nothing on Hitchcock or Bman.
nemonemo

Postby Doctor Pancakes » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:26 pm

There! Are! Four! Steps!
You can trust me; I'm a doctor.
Doctor Pancakes

Postby skyhawkecks » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:46 pm

I just want to be a STEP child. Is that too much to ask?!
skyhawkecks

Postby Arnoldo » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:53 pm

I just want to STEP on the PLAYA and play with my dusty step brothers and sisters!! 12:17:? and still waiting for my day in the dusty love giving sun!!
Peace full anarchy in a place called crazy...
Arnoldo

Postby catinthefunnyhat » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Arnoldo.... my fingers are going to freeze this way...
If you want drama to stop following you everywhere, try letting go of the leash.
catinthefunnyhat

Postby gyre » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:51 pm

nemonemo wrote:
Looks like AA's got nothing on Hitchcock or Bman.

Start at 1:19:00 for the answer.
gyre

Postby FeetOfClay » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:06 am

Arnoldo: you will make it!!! you are so due by this point!!! :D
What is this quintessence of dust?
FeetOfClay

Camp Name: Anonymous Village

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion