STEP policy change: 2 tickets now allowed

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: STEP policy change: 2 tickets now allowed

Postby urvile » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:46 pm

ZaphodBurner wrote:I have no experience with Will Call on the playa but I've heard horror stories of being there for three hours.

What's it going to be like if there are 20,000 picking up their tickets from Will Call? Is that going to be the next big challenge? We're probably going to need an entirely separate vehicle line and parking area for Will Call.

I'm will call almost every year. A lot depends on when exactly you are getting there, etc., just like everything else. I'm usually early arrival which means I might breeze through, or I might have to wait cuz I hit them when nobody was around. At peak times, well, they do the best they can, but there are only so many windows to go to. The lines usually turn over well unless there is a headache developing.

But the current state of matter is going to be stressing resources at the gate both with BO staff and Gate staff. They are anticipating this. In fact, I dare say the additional stress is going to be used to analyze the logistics of other systems they MIGHT implement, and to get get an idea of what it would take and how long it would take to implement those systems. (you know, like tying ID's to tickets, etc.)

edit: for what it's worth, I have had some GREAT times waiting at willcall, too. After driving for 6 hours, being able to get out, stretch my legs, talk to burners, and slowly let it soak in before I go set up camp is kinda nice :)
urvile

Postby trilobyte » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:32 pm

There are already plans in the works to beef up staffing for will call to accommodate the increased numbers from STEP. I understand gate will also be making adjustments to their plans. Iffen you have an interest in helping out with the gate crew, check out this page.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby bradtem » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:17 pm

STEP tickets will all be will call, but on the other hand there won't be any late purchasers in will call. Perhaps it will balance out? Depends on the volume that goes into STEP vs the volume of non-late purchasers. Is the earlier mailing going to cause more overseas burners to actually get sent physical tickets?
See giant panoramas of BRC: http://www.templetons.com/brad/burn
bradtem

Burning Since: 1998

Postby unjonharley » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:52 pm

]
Gas is expected to hit around $5 late summer..

A lot of s t e p tickets will show up behind that news..

Getting a s t e p ticket will mean a long line at willcall.

I will adjust my travel to enter the D lot and camp in will call..
Bring some food and water. Maybe some tunes and a chair.. Start the party in the dust..
unjonharley

Postby HOHME » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:28 pm

Is anyone aware of what time the emails will be going out on the 29th for STEP qualified burners?
HOHME

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:40 pm

No.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby slona » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:02 am

[quote="trilobyte"]@slona - a ticket purchased through STEP can be offered back up through STEP, they're non-transferrable to other people.[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying that @trilobyte, makes sense yes. Got the email about STEP today, 2nd of March it is ;) Many thanks.
slona

Postby mdmf007 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:37 am

slona wrote:
trilobyte wrote:@slona - a ticket purchased through STEP can be offered back up through STEP, they're non-transferrable to other people.

Thanks for clarifying that @trilobyte, makes sense yes. Got the email about STEP today, 2nd of March it is ;) Many thanks.

You can transfer it, but the purchaser has to pick up at will call what you do with a ticket in hand is your business - I am betting that cuts down on scalping :D
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)
mdmf007

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: ESD

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:46 am

mdmf007 wrote:
slona wrote:
trilobyte wrote:@slona - a ticket purchased through STEP can be offered back up through STEP, they're non-transferrable to other people.

You can transfer it, but the purchaser has to pick up at will call what you do with a ticket in hand is your business - I am betting that cuts down on scalping :D

I did not think about that aspect of it. Very very interesting..
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby homo ardentum » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:31 pm

First the lottery, now FCFS for the STEP purchase:
On Friday, March 2 at 12 noon PST, we’ll open up STEP to those wanting tickets, inviting those who registered for the Pre-Sale and Main Sale but did not receive tickets to join the “want tickets” queue, on a first-come first-served basis.

Get your keyboard ready, fellow STEPPERS!
It will be interesting to see how many tickets pop up. I'm sure that new thread will soon be posted soon...
homo ardentum

Postby amarantha » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:07 pm

homo ardentum, your avatar is terrifying!!! :shock: what in the world is that a picture of?
amarantha

Postby remi » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:59 am

Will there be an "Offically Awarded a Ticket through STEP" thread?
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby trilobyte » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:01 am

Quite possibly, though STEP is a different beast. Unlike the drawings, where thousands of tickets were awarded in a short span of time, STEP will be running for months.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Previous

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion