Survey: The Burners' Choice Awarding of Tickets: PLEASE READ

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Survey: The Burners' Choice Awarding of Tickets: PLEASE READ

Postby laughhearty » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:50 pm

UPDATE: The March Open Sale of 10,000 tickets has been discontinued. Burning Man has determined that we must redistribute all remaining tickets to a subset of established teams, projects, and collaborations, in order to preserve the core of Black Rock City in 2012.

I have to be honest. I felt deep disappointment in this decision. Not because I didn’t want camps and art to thrive, but because I was eager to see the resourcefulness of our ilk. To see what we could do when adversity cast it’s lot at us. I was also hopeful for my many friends who were unlucky in the lottery and still had a viable chance to score a ticket. Now most are feeling that their dream of attaining a ticket has dissipated.

From my personal perspective, handing out the last remaining unsold tickets to established theme camps and artists, seemed to imply that there are some Burners who are more worthy on the Playa than others. I also felt that BMORG was tacitly promoting established theme camps and projects, as the necessary spectacle on the Playa, at the expense of many lesser known or undiscovered creative Playa expressions that are currently brewing by unknown Birgins and Solo Burners.

But then later, I realized that magical moments happen on the Playa and a lot of them do center around certain established camps and art cars and art. There’s also a comfort in seeing the familiar amongst all that zany craziness.

I understand the motive for the decision. I may not condone it, but it makes sense.

So I am resigned to what is. Yet, there is one thing I feel needs to be addressed in this situation:

It appears that a handful of people are to decide the fate of those tickets without community input.

Because, after all, those tickets were promised to first come first serve. To all of us, to anyone in the community who wanted to participate. These aren’t tickets that were originally set aside for camps, projects and artists. These are tickets that were promised to all and then taken away. (And I’m certain it was a wrenching decision for BMORG.)

Burning Man is not just BMORG. It’s us. We, as a community, are Burning Man. We should have a say, even if small, in how those tickets are distributed. I like the transparency and that BMORG has been gifting during this situation. They say they are listening to us. And it appears that they are, since the majority wanted tickets to go to camps and artists etc.

I want BMORG to know what camps and art are special to us. I want the Crowd favorites, the Peoples’ Choice to be recognized along with the other criteria BMORG is considering.

I spent some time looking for survey software that I could rig up for the next week or so and I plan to export and send the results to BMORG, hopefully, by way of Trilo or Alyssa Royce or anyone who can guarantee they will receive this info.

This survey will ask you to provide names of a specific camp, installation artist and art car that has profoundly affected you and you’d miss them if they weren’t on the Playa. Think hard on this. You only get one choice per category. Let’s make this short and sweet.

There is also a question regarding the limit of one ticket per person via STEP. If BMORG finds out that most of us with tickets or without would like those without to receive their original requested number of tickets then they might change single ticket stipulation. I think hoarding risk is one that folks are willing to take for the sake of fairness.

And finally, there is a small text box for you to write a few comments. I’m asking that you be willing to express yourself with tact and reserve rants for forums and blog comments. Please. :)

Please take time to complete this short survey and pass it along to all Burners, regardless if they are attending this year or not. Birgins are invited to take the survey, because there are important questions regarding tickets for the general community.

You will find the survey here:

http://yourplayavoice.com/ticket-sales/ ... f-tickets/

It is my hope to deliver an exported file of the data to BMORG by March 8. And it would be nice for them to have concentrated info instead of bits and pieces spread throughout the Social Net.

Thank you.
Last edited by laughhearty on Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laughhearty

Re: Survey: The Burners' Choice Awarding of Tickets: PLEASE

Postby Simon of the Playa » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:03 pm

im quite certain he's not coming back but if he were...

MEGAVOLT!!!

fuck you, it's magic

NO SLEEP TIL GERLACH

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:05 pm

bianca 97'

"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby robrob » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:08 pm

i don't care what the llc does with the fucking tickets, but if (s)he is out there reading this, my "burner's choice" award goes to the dude(ette?) that made the fully functioning remote controlled water fountain. Totally surprised and delighted me when i really needed it. <3
robrob

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: smoregasm / endor

Postby laughhearty » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:12 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:im quite certain he's not coming back but if he were...

MEGAVOLT!!!

I personally know Megavolt. He lives in my town. I'll be sure to let him know he was the first mention!
laughhearty

Postby trilobyte » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:30 pm

Burning Man is not a democracy. While you may not care for the Org's decision or agree with their methodology, it's far from the blatant popularity contest that a, well, popularity contest would be.

I've got mixed feelings about the cancellation of the open sale myself, but feel they've set up a decent set of criteria (as outlined in the theme camp forum, notes to that posted on another board). No camp will have it easy (they're just talking about covering core members of some registered camps), but it gives a fair number of camps/vehicles who are doing the right things a little bit of help. And it's a far better solution than a popularity contest, in my opinion.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby laughhearty » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:35 pm

A correction on date for submitting data to BMORG. Would love to be able to send them some data BEFORE STEP commences on Feb 29 and then additional surveys can still come in until March 8.
laughhearty

Postby vargaso » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:56 pm

I appreciate your effort, but my answer to "Which xxxxx would I miss?" was "All of them and none of them" for this reason:

I appreciate the survey, but really, what's done is done and my single answer to all the questions was honest. I'd miss the stuff I've come to love, but honesty couldn't care less if it was gone and something new was in its place. In fact, I'd favor that.
vargaso

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Postby laughhearty » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:17 pm

trilobyte wrote:Burning Man is not a democracy. While you may not care for the Org's decision or agree with their methodology, it's far from the blatant popularity contest that a, well, popularity contest would be.

I've got mixed feelings about the cancellation of the open sale myself, but feel they've set up a decent set of criteria (as outlined in the theme camp forum, notes to that posted on another board). No camp will have it easy (they're just talking about covering core members of some registered camps), but it gives a fair number of camps/vehicles who are doing the right things a little bit of help. And it's a far better solution than a popularity contest, in my opinion.

Hi Trilobyte,
I, in no way want this to usurp the criteria Burning man is using. I respect it and find it very sound. This is simply an opportunity for folks who may feel left out to have a some input. When I first heard that tickets were going to camps, I immediately thought of specific camps that, inflate their numbers and don't offer much to the experience, that they would get tickets. Then I thought of camps that bust their asses and make magic out there, but may be under the grid so to speak, and they may not get tickets.
I don't want the results of this survey to decide who gets tickets. Seriously, that would be stoopid. What I'm trying to do is give folks a voice in saying which camps resonate with them. The decision to offer the tickets to projects was done in good faith, so that the experience of Burning man can still be magical for us. But we all make that experience together. Right now it's starting to look like an us and them, I'm afraid. So I feel we can at least have our preferences get an ear. Yeah, maybe it won't make a difference. But last time I read any official statement from BMORG, they said they were listening to us.

So think of it as more like that side "award" like Audience Choice at Cannes or the MTV music Awards, they don't hold as much weight as the Judges criteria, but it does make one take notice. It's just getting a general feel from all of us.

Also, a lot of people are hurting and feeling betrayed because of the one ticket limitation in STEP. And if BMORG thinks it's going to stop hording, it's not. I've heard of many folks who are going to participate in STEP, even though they have a ticket (bought by their sig other's credit card). They want to try and get one for another couple or pairs of friends who were planning on going and now can only get one ticket.

Burning Man is profoundly important to me. I respect it's artistic integrity and the 10 principles, but the radical inclusion one is taking a hit. And I have no answers, so I do have compassion for BMORG. This SUCKS to have to deal with.

And if it makes you feel more comfortable here are the Survey questions:

1. Have you ever been to Burning Man before? If the answer is no, please skip to question 12 and leave all others blank. *
2. Which Art Installation/Installation Artist would you miss on the Playa?
3. Which Art Car/Art Car Artist would you miss on the Playa?
4. Which Overall Burning Man Camp would you miss on the Playa?
5. Which Sound Camp would you miss on the Playa?
6. Which Healing/Spiritual Camp would you miss on the Playa?
7. Which Food/Beverage Camp would you miss on the Playa?
8. Which "Neighborhood Bar" Camp would you miss on the Playa?
9. Which Performance Camp would you miss on the Playa?
10. Which Novelty Camp would you miss on the Playa?
11. Which Village would you miss on the Playa?
12. Did you win Burning Man tickets in either of the past two lotteries? Y or N
13. Were you planning to go to Burning Man in 2012 * y or N or maybe
14. The STEP (Secure Ticket Exchange Program) is due to roll out on February 29, 2012. Those who participated in the previous lottery and did not win will be given preference to queue up for any tickets available in the program. But they are only allowed to purchase one ticket, even if they had requested two in the general lottery in January. What are your views on this? Do you believe only one ticket per person should be allowed or do you feel that BMORG should honor the number originally requested?
One ticket only, regardless of the original number requested or Honor the same number of tickets as originally requested
15. Add a few short comments, if you like. No rants, please. That's what forums are for.

I don't want anything I'm doing to disparage something I cherish. Any off hand comments in this thread are not part of the survey. Period. And if anything, there will be some wonderful social data from the community, for any future consideration.

Thanks.
laughhearty

Postby robrob » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:27 pm

if people spend anywhere close to the amount of time worrying about their projects as they are other people's tickets, this is going to the best fucking burn in the history of all that burns.
robrob

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: smoregasm / endor

Postby laughhearty » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:30 pm

vargaso wrote:I appreciate your effort, but my answer to "Which xxxxx would I miss?" was "All of them and none of them" for this reason:

I appreciate the survey, but really, what's done is done and my single answer to all the questions was honest. I'd miss the stuff I've come to love, but honesty couldn't care less if it was gone and something new was in its place. In fact, I'd favor that.

I would too. In fact, I was extremely excited about the prospect of new evolving presences on the Playa, still am. But that prospect is dead for 2012 and I have to deal with what is. I am more concerned with the STEP rules, right now, even though I have a ticket. That is burning a LOT of Burners...
I just hope this is a one off SNAFU and they figure out a way to do first come first serve for next year. Or else we're going to have these dinosaur camps like old rock bands that should have retired in their prime.
laughhearty

Postby laughhearty » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:31 pm

robrob wrote:if people spend anywhere close to the amount of time worrying about their projects as they are other people's tickets, this is going to the best fucking burn in the history of all that burns.

Word. I've got to get crackin' on my own!
laughhearty

Postby laughhearty » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:34 pm

laughhearty wrote:
vargaso wrote:I appreciate your effort, but my answer to "Which xxxxx would I miss?" was "All of them and none of them" for this reason:

I would too. In fact, I was extremely excited about the prospect of new evolving presences on the Playa, still am. But that prospect is dead for 2012 and I have to deal with what is. I am more concerned with the STEP rules, right now, even though I have a ticket. That is burning a LOT of Burners...
I just hope this is a one off SNAFU and they figure out a way to do first come first serve for next year. Or else we're going to have these dinosaur camps like old rock bands that should have retired in their prime.

To be fair, maybe the best of both worlds. There is not possibly enough tickets to go around even out of the 10,000. So maybe we'll see change, but not just on a cataclysmic level!
laughhearty

Postby RedHeaven » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:36 pm

I'm not going to participate in this because every year I love/get involved with a different camp or street or burb or art piece.... I never stick to one camp, one year I loved the Post Office Pants Cannon....the next Fandango mash ups....one year I could barely make it out of Lustre village....This past year it was Rhythm Wave and Hair of the Dog and Cirque Du Cliche's live music....Heck one year I even had my best memories at fackin Center Camp.....I just dont know enough to vote...even after 6 rounds of BRC I have no clue. The only thing I would be voting on are camps with the most people I know in it, and thats kinda derpy dooey.
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche

Postby laughhearty » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:44 pm

Comment from Alyssa Royce:

...I will, indeed, take the survey. And if you tell me when your results are in, I will get them directly into the hands of BMORG, gladly.

Having spent significant time on the phone and in email with them, I want to assure you that you are correct in that it was a wrenching situation for them. Deeply so. Each person making the decision had their own unique perspective on it, but the common factor was a clear desire to make sure that essential infrastructure was on the playa this year. Yes, som of it was as seemingly “simple” as large art and camps (which we all know is anything but simple,) but is also volunteers who do everything from medical to ice to building roads and everything in between.

I suspect there will still be more Birgins down there than I personally have ever seen, and I welcome them. But I think the BMORG made the right call. Without experienced infrastructure down thee, Burning Man wouldn’t work at all. It’s not a question of “same,” as much as it is of “safe.”

I know first hand that A LOT of attention is being paid to smaller camps and projects, so I hope we can lay that fear to rest. THAT has been my “rallying call” above all else. :)

...They are listening. For whatever my word is worth, you have my word that they care and are listening.
laughhearty

Postby BBadger » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:16 pm

Looking at the survey, I realized that I would end up leaving most of the fields blank.

I don't want to fill out a survey based on past creations. It's about new and spontaneous creations. It's not like I'm at Disneyland and trying to hit all the rides.

Take for example Mutant Vehicles. I don't want to see the same old MVs roaming around. The fact that many return is great, but I want to see people pushing the limits with new shit.

Camps/Villages? I can only name three off the top of my head besides my own: Distrikt, Apocalypika, and Pee Funnel Camp. I visited none.

This doesn't mean I didn't visit other camps and places in the city, but I noted none by name, nor cared to.

I go to BRC ultimately not expecting anything. To participate in a short-list survey... well, that just seems counter to my interests.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby ranger magnum » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:29 pm

Great to see another burner from santa barbara!
Praise the Lowered
ranger magnum

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: Outpost Tokyo

Postby Tiahaar » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:17 am

laughhearty wrote:I personally know Megavolt. He lives in my town. I'll be sure to let him know he was the first mention!

heh, as do I, we must be neighbors! He gave me a short lift to work last week...in an electric car no less :D
Tiahaar

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Postby trilobyte » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:43 am

I think that's where you may be misunderstanding what's going on. Seriously, if you haven't read the notes from the theme camp forum, at least read the first section where it explains the criteria. In addition to this year's submitted questionnaire, the placement team is looking at their database with a decade's worth of the camp's history, and looking to see how the camp provides a community benefit and embraces the ten principles.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby quadraspleen » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:01 am

robrob wrote:if people spend anywhere close to the amount of time worrying about their projects as they are other people's tickets, this is going to the best fucking burn in the history of all that burns.

What robrob said.

Word, dude.
I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed

Enough is too little...Too much is enough...
quadraspleen

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: The Corner of Shady & Wrong

Postby quadraspleen » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:06 am

BBadger wrote:Looking at the survey, I realized that I would end up leaving most of the fields blank.

I don't want to fill out a survey based on past creations. It's about new and spontaneous creations. It's not like I'm at Disneyland and trying to hit all the rides.

Take for example Mutant Vehicles. I don't want to see the same old MVs roaming around. The fact that many return is great, but I want to see people pushing the limits with new shit.

Camps/Villages? I can only name three off the top of my head besides my own: Distrikt, Apocalypika, and Pee Funnel Camp. I visited none.

This doesn't mean I didn't visit other camps and places in the city, but I noted none by name, nor cared to.

I go to BRC ultimately not expecting anything. To participate in a short-list survey... well, that just seems counter to my interests.

And what BBadger said.

Also Word.

Only been twice. Saw nothing twice. Even the same people I did saw twice were different. That's the idea, isn't it? S'why there's a different theme every year..Entropy comes to the still..or was it a rolling stone gathers no birds, or something..

Expect and be disappointed...

jake out
I would challenge you to a battle of wits, but I see you are unarmed

Enough is too little...Too much is enough...
quadraspleen

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: The Corner of Shady & Wrong

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:46 pm

I'll be honest. I didn't read all this. However, the part I did read, rocks. So I'm quoting it!
laughhearty wrote:
UPDATE: The March Open Sale of 10,000 tickets has been discontinued. Burning Man has determined that we must redistribute all remaining tickets to a subset of established teams, projects, and collaborations, in order to preserve the core of Black Rock City in 2012.

I have to be honest. I felt deep disappointment in this decision. Not because I didn’t want camps and art to thrive, but because I was eager to see the resourcefulness of our ilk. To see what we could do when adversity cast it’s lot at us.

I'm not interested in getting into the whole tangle of votine. Like BBadger, I tend to be very open rather than trying to recapture past glory. But what laughhearty advocates up there, is so much of what I think the best of the event is. Rising to the occasion. Being bigger than we knew we could be. Building a fucking city in the middle of the fucking desert for only a week, just because the whole fucking thing is fucking absurd! And that, to me, is what makes my soul vibrate...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby RedHeaven » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:04 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:I'll be honest. I didn't read all this. However, the part I did read, rocks. So I'm quoting it!
laughhearty wrote:

I have to be honest. I felt deep disappointment in this decision. Not because I didn’t want camps and art to thrive, but because I was eager to see the resourcefulness of our ilk. To see what we could do when adversity cast it’s lot at us.

I'm not interested in getting into the whole tangle of votine. Like BBadger, I tend to be very open rather than trying to recapture past glory. But what laughhearty advocates up there, is so much of what I think the best of the event is. Rising to the occasion. Being bigger than we knew we could be. Building a fucking city in the middle of the fucking desert for only a week, just because the whole fucking thing is fucking absurd! And that, to me, is what makes my soul vibrate...

So well said Crypto, through this ticket process I am learning that I would actually prefer it all more spontaneous and absurd and not so planned and traditional. The balance has been nice but its almost so fucking crazy that it needs to implode into absurdity or something! Oh to bee a part of Burnageddon Transformers....More than Meets the (brown) eye......
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche

Postby motskyroonmatick » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:23 pm

I took the survey. What can it hurt?
Black Rock City Welding and Repair. The Night Time Warming Station.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Camp Name: B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby curiousgnate » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:44 am

TRANSPARENCY! where is it? who gets the tickets? and why! THIS WHOLE THING IS BULLSHIT! the rest of the process should have played out. then maybe it would get fixed before next time. now it is going to be fucked up again next year! the event has changed. you can't plan on camps until june and you will not just be friends but strangers will have to be involved, unless you have shit loads of $$$$. the problem is not scalpers, but demand. names on tickets will be good, but unless there is a way to let a shit load of more people in, families each year will have to have new members. bad/good, thats up to you. it is what it is. the borg doesn't need to hear what camps are more important/respected then others, who can say that. it is not possible. all are valuable/unvaluable to some! give the general masses back those tickets!
Creating Peace Through Anarchy Every Day!!! Stagger for life!
curiousgnate

Postby moonrise » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:00 am

https://www.fuzemeeting.com/replay_meet ... e9/2284217

password/code for meeting: Tcamp5

I listened to the meeting, the LLC (burners also, yes) mentioned theme camps are the lifeblood of the event (or something like that) but they also mentioned they are concerned about safety of new participants.
No RV here...not to be a shit disturber but, Imma bring a chemical terlet, that I promise!!

They also want to see new things (of course, we alll do!) different things, shiny-stuff, theme camp frontages offering more open, inviting spaces in the theme camps along the road frontages, friendlier, more inviting theme campers out-in-the-street bringing random folks into the camps & much, much more...
And they'll be makin' a list and checkin' it twice, during the event! Like Santa Claus. I guess?! The Challenge is on, for all of us.
And they DO care about placing the small theme camps. I wonder what is considered a small theme camp size, in terms of the number of members?
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby laughhearty » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:09 am

If anything, this exercise has been interesting.

@BBadger: Leaving them blank is a statement in itself. I agree with you. I love the spontaneity of it all as well. I was SERIOUSLY excited at the prospect of a shake up on the playa this year. But it's becoming clear to me that a lot of the tickets may be going to serious infrastructure where volunteers are needed and not just the theme camps. There will not be enough tickets to go around to everyone, even with this latest adjustment. And with all our discussion on here, I'm sure some of the Birgins are all fired up to prove themselves...

@Tiahaar: Funny Megavolt story: about 3 years ago he was going to perform a show for a New Years Eve Party in SB. Well hours before, some of the neighbors objected. Thought perhaps the volts would affect their electronics. Instead of this big show he walked around the party with a hand held Tesla coil. We didn't have time to warn the guests. People who came to see him got a really big surprise, or rather little one...It was like Spinal Tap and Stonehenge...

@trilobyte: I read all the notes. Pretty sure I've got an idea what's going on. They were very clear notes. (I especially, appreiate the MOOP MAP criteria). I don't think it's too much of a problem to have this survey and to submit it. What happens on BMORG's end is out of my hands. If they want to read it, so be it. If they want to use it for toilet paper, hey more power to 'em. Those two are probably the worst that can happen, and I'm fine with it. If anything, I'm doing it for the folks taking the survey. Sometimes it just feels good to have a chance to get something off your chest and believe that your views will be heard. Especially, if there's a lot of frustration. I was compelled to do this, so I did. Anyone who wants a copy of the data can have it. I've never met you, trilobyte, but I've been grateful for your quick and thoughtful responses on this forum and thought your post about the tickets was especially inspiring. If there is a reason why you feel I shouldn't be doing what I'm doing I'd like to know. I can't see where what I'm doing is hurting anything. BMORG has stated over and over again, they are listening to us. The survey isn't just about camps, it's about the STEP stipulations as well. Some of these responses might make BMORG feel better! It's not all a bitchfest. In fact, very little of it is...
laughhearty

Postby laughhearty » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:05 am

moonrise wrote:https://www.fuzemeeting.com/replay_meeting/9dcd7ce9/2284217

password/code for meeting: Tcamp5

I listened to the meeting, the LLC (burners also, yes) mentioned theme camps are the lifeblood of the event (or something like that) but they also mentioned they are concerned about safety of new participants.
No RV here...not to be a shit disturber but, Imma bring a chemical terlet, that I promise!!

They also want to see new things (of course, we alll do!) different things, shiny-stuff, theme camp frontages offering more open, inviting spaces in the theme camps along the road frontages, friendlier, more inviting theme campers out-in-the-street bringing random folks into the camps & much, much more...
And they'll be makin' a list and checkin' it twice, during the event! Like Santa Claus. I guess?! The Challenge is on, for all of us.
And they DO care about placing the small theme camps. I wonder what is considered a small theme camp size, in terms of the number of members?

Thank you for this. Such a difference hearing the voices and the sentiment. I now understand trilo's persistent answers to my posts! So, I apologize to you, trilobyte! Just an hour of this broadcasts, was revealing. I just hope they've given the nod to El Pulpo. Seriously, the survey responses to "Art Car you would miss on the Playa" is off the charts with El Pulpo. And I know it just showed up last year...
laughhearty

Postby moonrise » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:32 am

OOOOOOh yeah, THAT one...If I make ONE vote, it'll be for El Pulpo!!!!!! It's new and over-the-top enough for me to take your survey (please do send it in!!)
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby moonrise » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:19 am

moonrise wrote:OOOOOOh yeah, THAT one...If I make ONE vote, it'll be for El Pulpo!!!!!! It's new and over-the-top enough for me to take your survey (please do send it in!!)

quoted myself to add:

BIG BLUE SHARK MV With the Red LED stripe at night, I LOVE that "Art Car" too (actually they're called MV's or Mutant Vehicles) BIG BLUE SHARK MV!!!! ]'[ Rox!!

The comments are interesting, but especially the one (anonymously posted) stating; virgins, 2nd and 3rd year burners are easily pleased and easier for the Org...and 4th+ year burners start to ask questions & make suggestions which creates more work for the Org, (and they done't like more work, who does? lol!) Hmm...I will ask someone I know who will tell me the truth about this comment that the survey was used to hand pick more virgins, 2nd and 3rd year burners, and the 10k tix were directed to the org's loyal old guard or whatever you wanna call it. I'll get to the bottom of this, or maybe not...
moonrise

Next

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion