Dear BMORG: Please publish who is getting the 10,000 ticket

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Dear BMORG: Please publish who is getting the 10,000 tic

Postby EspressoDude » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:30 am

Wait until you see the ticketing process next year! 10,000 word essay, with pictures and references, endorsed by placers and Larry. $1000000 antimoop and performance bond. Individual tickets encoded with fingerprints and rectal scan.
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby Killbuck » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:40 am

I'm trying to figure out how to create a "Periodic Table of Not Well Thought Out Paranoid BM Ticket Conspiracies" but... It's gonna end up looking like Quantum Mechanics...
SIDESHOW: Carnival of Smoke and Mirrors 2015 is looking for drop-in performers!! Do you have a freaky talent, skill or characteristic? Do you lay on a bed of nails, or swallow swords? PM me if interested.
Killbuck

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Sideshow

Postby ygmir » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:44 am

Kernul Killbuck wrote:I'm trying to figure out how to create a "Periodic Table of Not Well Thought Out Paranoid BM Ticket Conspiracies" but... It's gonna end up looking like Quantum Mechanics...

a fractal?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: BRC LLC- Please publish who is getting the 10,000 ticket

Postby alt12 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:52 am

The CO wrote:What back room dealing? The criteria are well stated. Based on that, I'm willing to trust the people that run the event to decide what they think will contibute to the event.

Are you going to personally go to each camp/et al that gets tickets, and judge them?

Again, not what I said. You seem to be reading into it what you desire as opposed to what I'm actually saying. It is a back room process. Yes they published criteria but a) the criteria is highly subjective and b) there is no guarantee that they will truly stick to/honor those criteria. What is there to hid? If they really are distributing tickets based solely on the stated criteria and are widely distributing it to "camps large and small" etc. then why not publish it? This is not about judgement or judging the worthiness of those who get tickets. This is about keeping the BRC LLC accountable and providing transparency for the community (i.e. we get to see what is going on back there). I know, its a radical concept.
alt12

Postby alt12 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:57 am

lemur wrote:
people want to justify their anti-borg rage right now.. oh, but in the name of transparency!! yes!! oh, and also yes, to give the LLC practice for when they are a non for profit.. yeah!!

pfft.

just come out and say it for how it really is: I WANT TO SEE THE LIST SO I CAN KNOW WHO TO POINT FINGERS AT

THAT i could respect.. but this hiding behind transparency BS, ..pfft.. lame.

Quite the contrary. For me, this would re-instill faith in the org. As it is now, I don't have any. Thats what accountability is about. I'm not suggesting a witch hunt of camps that receive tickets. I'm suggesting that the org be HONEST about whose gotten them and to demonstrate that it is a wide distribution. And gets, get used to it. This is the kind of stuff that is public when you are a non-profit.....If that paradigm change is happening, then a LOT more info will be coming out and made public including an actual P/L every year rather than just a list of expenses.
alt12

Postby Roberto Dobbisano » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 am

Kernul Killbuck wrote:I'm trying to figure out how to create a "Periodic Table of Not Well Thought Out Paranoid BM Ticket Conspiracies" but... It's gonna end up looking like Quantum Mechanics...

i can help you with this, i'm currently working on The NoBiggie Hosin' Collider and we have found out some VERY interesting things about the Larry Particle.
"10 principles? you cant HANDLE the 10 principles..."
Roberto Dobbisano

Postby alt12 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:03 am

Its not a conspiracy its human and nature and its physics. How these tickets are distributed will differ if the information is made public or private. They amount of absolute naivtete and astounding trust in the org is remarkable. I realize its Burning Man but this is still planet earth. The org is still filled with actual human beings not benevolent angels and there are actual money and resources being transferred.
alt12

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:10 am

alt12 wrote:

Its not a conspiracy its human and nature and its physics. How these tickets are distributed will differ if the information is made public or private. They amount of absolute naivtete and astounding trust in the org is remarkable. I realize its Burning Man but this is still planet earth. The org is still filled with actual human beings not benevolent angels and there are actual money and resources being transferred.

havent you ever watched Battlestar Galactica?

man, talk about Naive...
fuck you, it's magic

"i manifest that shit, yo.....Thug Burner for Life"

Less Hanky, More Panky™

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: La Guilde des Hashischins

Postby EspressoDude » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:11 am

alt: how is the org to 'evaluate' which of the 500+ bars or which of the 50+ DJ camps is worthy? Totally subjective. Whose dubstep is better than someone else's? Is a camp that plays Lawrence Welk more worthy than one that plays The Doors and Rolling Stones?

Not much different than putting together the line-up for Coachella.... It is not open and transparent
Is 4 shots enuff? no foo-foo drinks; just naked Espresso
Tactical Espresso Service http://home.comcast.net/~espressocamp/
Field Artillery Tractor
FOGBANK, GOD OF HELLFIRE
BLACK ROCK f/x Trojan Horse,Anubis,2014Temple
burn shit and blow shit up
EspressoDude

Postby Lassen Forge » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:21 am

lemur wrote:
people want to justify their anti-borg rage right now.. oh, but in the name of transparency!! yes!! oh, and also yes, to give the LLC practice for when they are a non for profit.. yeah!!

pfft.

just come out and say it for how it really is: I WANT TO SEE THE LIST SO I CAN KNOW WHO TO POINT FINGERS AT

THAT i could respect.. but this hiding behind transparency BS, ..pfft.. lame.

+100. This trying to be sanctamonious while having a secret agenda to instill hate and anger is about a 4 yard truck full of bull$#!t. Absolutely totally un-un-un-burnerish. NO community whatsoever there.

Tellya what. If YOU get a ticket, somehow, will YOU put YOUR name on a listfor the "transparecy" of those who didn't get to go, are righteously angry and looking for a scapegoat to go all zombie over?
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby alt12 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:29 am

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:Tellya what. If YOU get a ticket, somehow, will YOU put YOUR name on a listfor the "transparecy" of those who didn't get to go, are righteously angry and looking for a scapegoat to go all zombie over?
[/color][/b]

Yup, already said I would in another forum. I said if my camp got tickets I would definitely publish it on here and I will....I'm not afraid of information.
alt12

Postby HandJamMasterC » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:51 am

What money is being transferred? If we are allowed to buy 6 more tickets ( @ $390.00 each ) our camp will earn the right to pay another $ 390.00 for a trailer so we can buy and haul out several thousand dollars worth of fine champagne and wine to give away for free. There's a transfer of money all right. Right out of my pocket ...................... :shock:
CAMP D.O.A.

Fun As A Scorched Earth Policy...........

https://sites.google.com/site/campdoa/
HandJamMasterC

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A.

Postby Killbuck » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:08 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SIDESHOW: Carnival of Smoke and Mirrors 2015 is looking for drop-in performers!! Do you have a freaky talent, skill or characteristic? Do you lay on a bed of nails, or swallow swords? PM me if interested.
Killbuck

Camp Name: Sideshow

Postby moonrise » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:12 am

And now we know ^^^^^ Thanks Killbuck, the suspense was killing us.
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby Trishntek » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:14 am

Doesn't any established seller of goods and services maintain the right to do business with whom they choose? Unless it is costing YOU $$$, it is none of our business with whom BMORG does business.

Next thing you know Spearmint Rhino will have to provide a list of their clientele on the front door. Then, at the ticket window, a list of those who bought into the VIP lounge,,,, and,,,, AND,,,, a listing of how many received hand jobs versus blow jobs,,,,, jus' so ya know.

ridiculous
RETROFROLIC, the place of Pink, Pain and Pleasure!
http://www.retrofrolic.com
Some call me Tnt,,,, works for me!
Trishntek

Burning Since: 2010
Camp Name: Retrofrolic!

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:18 am

i will repeat what i have previously stated on another site.

thank you BMORG for making very difficult decisions in order to achieve BALANCE.

i for one, do not place blame on those stuck between Black Rock and a Hard Place.

lighten the fuck up people, this is supposed to be fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Simon of the Playa on Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
fuck you, it's magic

Less Hanky, More Panky™

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Postby engineerbender » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:22 am

I'm not welding a fucking thing for burning man until they sort this shit out. Let the dumb asses that think first come first serve is unfair. Your art is not going to weld itself for your festival......and i have enough going on between life and work and the project to have to deal with the fact that I may not go.
engineerbender

Postby engineerbender » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:26 am

the whole relax and it will all work out.....i respect your collective attitude....but i am hauling welding gear and all my tools back and forth to complete this art project. Welding is not easy. It is not fun.

Just glue it all together...why not.
engineerbender

Postby Trishntek » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:30 am

engineerbender wrote:I'm not welding a fucking thing for burning man until they sort this shit out. Let the dumb asses that think first come first serve is unfair. Your art is not going to weld itself for your festival......and i have enough going on between life and work and the project to have to deal with the fact that I may not go.

Nobody expects you to weld anything,,,, ESPECIALLY fucking things,,,, that would hurt! It reminds me of the time this gal wanted to be fucked gently with a chainsaw,,,, the result is not pretty I tell ya,,,,, DON'T DO IT!
Trishntek

Postby vargaso » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:43 am

EspressoDude wrote:alt: how is the org to 'evaluate' which of the 500+ bars or which of the 50+ DJ camps is worthy? Totally subjective. Whose dubstep is better than someone else's? Is a camp that plays Lawrence Welk more worthy than one that plays The Doors and Rolling Stones?

Not much different than putting together the line-up for Coachella.... It is not open and transparent

"Whose dubstep is better than someone else's? "

Too easy.
vargaso

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Postby engineerbender » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:44 am

weld your own art. better start now. A group of 100 to 200 with a large art car project has only 15 people with tickets then time. Suck it.
engineerbender

Postby vargaso » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:53 am

engineerbender wrote:weld your own art. better start now. A group of 100 to 200 with a large art car project has only 15 people with tickets then time. Suck it.

I bet a $100 I might not even see it if it gets out there, and $1000 you wouldn't let me ride on it if I did. I think I've been allowed on 1 or 2 large art cars in the years I've been going. I understand, I'd rather have a hot 23 year-old woman ride on my art car than a 43 year-old dude. I just find all these threats from artists about how they'll just take their welded ball and go home to be hilarious. I do hope it works out for you, but chill out, dude.
vargaso

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Postby Trishntek » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:59 am

engineerbender wrote:weld your own art. better start now. A group of 100 to 200 with a large art car project has only 15 people with tickets then time. Suck it.

If you cannot do it for the simple satisfaction of gifting your time and effort, then don't do it! If you are doing it to ingratiate people, don't do it!
Trishntek

Postby trilobyte » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:13 am

It's also entirely possible (or even likely) that among the people who did get tickets (burners who'd taken time off, people who haven't been part of a theme camp before, newbies) are all kinds of creative and resourceful, some may even already possess the skills. Rather than throwing in the towel or complaining about the impossibility of it all, try and make it work. If you're part of an art project trying to crew up and get people with skills, post here. If you're part of an art car trying to help build your crew, post here. Theme camps in need, post here. Increase your numbers to help get'er done while your resourceful crewmembers continue to be resourceful and try to get tickets through the ticket exchange or the after-market.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby MyDearFriend » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:17 am

trilobyte wrote:It's also entirely possible (or even likely) that among the people who did get tickets (burners who'd taken time off, people who haven't been part of a theme camp before, newbies) are all kinds of creative and resourceful, some may even already possess the skills. Rather than throwing in the towel or complaining about the impossibility of it all, try and make it work. If you're part of an art project trying to crew up and get people with skills, post here. If you're part of an art car trying to help build your crew, post here. Theme camps in need, post here. Increase your numbers to help get'er done while your resourceful crewmembers continue to be resourceful and try to get tickets through the ticket exchange or the after-market.

Oh wow Trilo that sounds way too sensible. 8)
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
MyDearFriend

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp DREAD PIRATE BARBIE

Postby The CO » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:18 am

STOP REMAINING CALM AND LOGICAL!
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Postby Simon of the Playa » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:23 am

fuck you, it's magic

Less Hanky, More Panky™

A gift for the Playa

THIS YEARS POSTERS

2015 posters
Simon of the Playa

Postby Arnoldo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:27 am

Looks like we should just cancel the whole thing! One less art car! OMG!! :roll: :D
Peace full anarchy in a place called crazy...
Arnoldo

Postby 5280MeV » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:48 pm

Simon of the Playa wrote:lighten the fuck up people, this is supposed to be fun.

The 0th principle of burning man. Hidden, guarded, esoteric.
5280MeV

Postby alt12 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:04 pm

C187 wrote:
alt12 wrote:I would like to appeal to the BMORG to make public a list of which theme camps, art projects, mutant vehicles, and volunteer groups received the tickets as well as a breakout of how many. This kind of transparency is the only way to account for the back room process that was recently employed to distribute the last 10,000 tickets that were originally allotted to the general public. You already publish which art projects receive grant funding every year and similar rationale applies here.

Would anyone else like to know which camps, art projects, MVs got received an allotment of tickets?

Generally speaking tickets that go out to volunteers (or the like) are not included in the number of tickets for sale to the public. The total number of tickets that goes out to these people is listed somewhere for public view. I just can't remember where.. But it is listed.

Actually I was referring to the slice of the 10,000 tickets that are being diverted to people who volunteered last year per the emails sent out Wednesday afternoon by every volunteer department head announcing to their respective departments that volunteers who had volunteered last year will be able to get a ticket this year...
alt12

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion