STEP sellers should be fully reimbursed

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

STEP sellers should be fully reimbursed

Postby sandfly » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:56 pm

According to the latest announcement ([BManUpdate] V16:#13:02.15.12), "People selling their tickets back via STEP will be refunded the face value of the ticket plus the delivery fee (but not the service fees $7 - as these fees cover services already rendered and are not refundable)" We should encourage people to use the STEP system by giving them a full refund. Otherwise, we're encouraging them to sell the tickets elsewhere where, with no trouble, they'll be able to be charge enough to be fully reimbursed. I'm sorry I didn't win the lottery to get a ticket, so I'll be participating in STEP as a hopeful buyer. I'd have no problem having my ticket cost include the addt'l $7 fee to fully reimburse the good seller who is not scalping the tickets.
sandfly

Re: STEP sellers should be fully reimbursed

Postby Drawingablank » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:25 pm

This makes more sense than just about any ticket Ideas I've seen lately.

I'm sure most of us STEP hopefuls wouldn't mind footing the extra 7.00 to fully reimburse the original purchaser.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby feistypenguin » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:27 pm

I agree here- yes, I understand that the $7 per ticket already went to services rendered... but after creating a hell of a lot of incentives for people to not play by the rules, it would behoove them to remove any lingering disincentives that they can. I think they did mention that they were eating $12 per ticket to waive shipping costs though, so I can't gripe too much.

I will note that the clause from BMOrg citing their power to revoke any ticket registrations scalped for more than they're worth, is a nice touch. That means any buyers and sellers of scalped or overpriced registrations run the risk of having their purchases invalidated if they are found out. So, buyers have to worry about an additional risk- that the ticket they paid $1000 for may never get to their doorstep if BMOrg catches the seller and finds out which tickets they registered. I would imagine it takes a lot of legwork to catch those guys though!
After painstakingly researching the new ticket sale system, I have deduced that there is an inverse relationship between fretting about the ticket system, and the length of time one is able to stay aroused during coitus. Please spread the word!
feistypenguin

Postby remi » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:31 pm

Knowing corporations like I do.. they will charge both, the seller and the buyer and make more profit.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby usurpedus » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:54 pm

just another stupid decision by BM LLC.

why should anyone already giving back to the community be charged for it?

why is it only obvious to everyone ELSE that those charges NEED to be passed onto the buyer??

at EVERY stage of this process HQ has completely dropped the ball. its hilarious at this point..
usurpedus

Postby urvile » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:04 pm

Remember the service fee isn't a fee that the BORG put in their pocket. It went to outside services. They can't get that money back for you. But I'd be supportive of a decision to raise the price on STEP tickets by $7 to cover the initial buyers cost there. It might be an accounting mess though, as initially the BORG would have to eat the $7, then recoup it. I dunno though, I ain;t an accountant. Meh. But even if they did it, a whole different people would scream and cry over how the BORG was screwing them by jacking up prices on STEP tickets.

Honestly I think the only thing burners like more than burning man is bitching about burningman.

I heard it was better next year anyway ;)
urvile

Postby trilobyte » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:16 pm

The non-refundable fee is the same non-refundable fee that everyone who registered for the main sale agreed to when they registered. Requiring buyers to pay a premium or offset fees for sellers gets into the area of institutionalized scalping, I'm glad they're staying clear of it.

Craig's List is sketchy, eBay charges 9% plus insertion fees, and StubHub charges 10%. And so long as there's demand in the queue (I can't imagine that happening this year), it's immediate. No need to wait for fulfillment in June.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby Elderberry » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:31 pm

It's the least they could do...consider it restitution.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby BBadger » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:48 pm

jkisha wrote:It's the least they could do...consider it restitution.

To whom? The person selling the ticket back? They're not owed anything. They've already won the game of getting a ticket in the first place. Getting back their shipping fee is far more than they've ever received in the past short of scalping.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby unjonharley » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:57 pm

[
OH!, For fucks sake,

A whole thread for $7.00.. Get A life
unjonharley

Postby lemur » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:02 pm

OMG LESS THAN 3% OF WHAT I SPENT ON MY TIER ONE $240 TICKET WONT COME BACK TO ME!!!!!!!!!!
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion