Ice Cream Cone and Poo

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Ice Cream Cone and Poo

Postby aidenus » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:38 pm

If only everyone who is bitching on the eplaya and elsewhere about the ticket situation had this beautiful attitude. This attitude is exactly what made me love burning man. If you really WANT something, and are willing to approach every situation with positive energy and love, the universe will deliver you.

Life is about overcoming adversity, not going around it. Where is the faith? Where is all that spiritual energy that I felt at last year's burn?
Last year was my first time at Burning Man, and it was such an amazing experience because it opened my eyes that there are all these people out there who are full of openness and love. People that are resourceful and strong, yet at the same time gentle and kind. A place where change, where being different, was something not fought against, but welcomed and embraced.

After my first day at burning man, I said to myself "Wow! People like this really exist". People that are willing to spend all year creating something that is just going to get ruined out in a harsh, dusty desert. Resourceful people who do not worry about the little trivial shit that you are bombarded with in the default world. A group of people that actually live their lives in the present, unafraid. This was a place where you could be yourself. Where you could be vulnerable and everyone around you would make you feel safe. This felt better than any home I have ever been part of.

None of us know what the future will bring. Nothing in life is guaranteed; but that is the joy in it!

Please! I urge everyone who is in any way whining or complaining about not getting a ticket to stop. Stop giving energy to the negative side of this fiasco. I am not saying do not come up with creative solutions to help out for next year--or to make constructive comments on what could be better next year. What I am saying, is to stop this "Woe is me", "cry cry cry" energy dump.

This community. All you people who make burning man what it is. All you people who radically changed my life. Who gave me the strength to quit my job. To start my own company. To start being an artist again. You have SO MUCH energy to give. So much beauty.

I know that if each of you put as much energy into lashing out and attacking the process of getting a ticket, or of being sad and pouting, or feeling confused and angry--and instead put that energy toward finding a fun and creative solution to solving your own ticket problem, you will find a ticket. Yes, it might not be the same as last year. Yes, maybe there will be less theme camps. But I am confident that when you look back (especially all of you long veterans) and think back to what made (and still makes!) burning man, it is always the people you meet.

If you're still here at this point, thank you for listening. I wish you the best of luck trying to find a ticket, and I hope that you look at this as an exciting challenge. That you enjoy the journey of trying to find something you are so very passionate about, and that it takes you somewhere positive that you could never have imagined.

RT
Last edited by aidenus on Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aidenus

Re: Ice Cream Cone and Poo

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:42 pm

aidenus wrote:[youtube]http://youtu.be/VKsyYFhOsNs[/youtube]

Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby aidenus » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:43 pm

Thank you!
aidenus

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:45 pm

No worries. For the YouTube embedding to work, you need the raw URL without anything else such as 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkpQAk603kw". It needs to be in that exact format or else system won't recognize it.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby inog » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:22 pm

Wonderful!
inog

Postby mojitomolly » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:20 pm

Crap or Cone is such a good philosophy for life, and DEFINITELY good advice for approaching this years ticketing adventures. <3

I like what he has to say about bringing burning man into your life outside of the burn in part 2 of this series.
mojitomolly

Postby Halcyon » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:22 pm

LOVE what you said, aidenus. Burning Man is what TAUGHT be to see the positive. This experience is just more lessons for us.

Hope to give you a dusty hug.
((HUG))
-halcyon
Halcyon

Postby Ugly Dougly » Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:40 pm

I brought you an ice cream cone!

Ooops! Well, it was shit anyway. ;)

Everything will work out, you'll see.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion