Adopt a Camp or "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love."

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Adopt a Camp or "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love."

Postby chrispassanisi » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:38 pm

All the angst and thrashing over the lottery. I lost too. I was sad and angry and annoyed- still am. I've come to a simple conclusion- there's pretty much jack shit I can do about losing. Here's what I believe and what I'm going to do (not based on any single compelling source- just a read on how things are shaking out, human nature and burner culture). Join me. Or not.

I think there's a butt load of tickets individuals got (1.7 per request, right?) who are undecided about actually GOING to the playa. They got 'em because they wanted the option and the event sold out last year. Then there's people whose plans really do change and won't be able to go. Then the people who are so angry they give up the tickets they won (I really hope you reconsider that after things cool off, though). I think (provided the bmorg doesn't throw some game changing fix) there will be a mass of tickets from these folks on the secondary market come June when they are mailed out. I'm not worried about getting myself to the playa even if I don't get a ticket in the last 10k sale. It'll happen and I'm flexible enough to wait.

But if I *do* get lucky on March 28th, here's what I'm going to do. I'm gonna buy the max. Four tix. One for me, one for a friend (although I have more than that looking), and two will go to an established theme camp that needs tickets to make it happen this year. These guys need to plan, and they need tickets to do it. I know I can do a better job allocating tix to the right people. And if there ARE scalpers out there, then at least I ensure four tix go to burners AND help get some theme camps to the playa who might otherwise bail.

If you can afford to float a couple extra tix, I encourage you to do the same. Cheers.
chrispassanisi

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Run Free

Re: Adopt a Camp or "How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love

Postby jcoffy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:46 pm

I like your plan man. Very cool.
jcoffy

Postby chrispassanisi » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:03 pm

chrispassanisi wrote: I think (provided the bmorg doesn't throw some game changing fix) there will be a mass of tickets from these folks on the secondary market come June when they are mailed out.

Well so much for THAT bright idea.
chrispassanisi

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Run Free

Postby jcoffy » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:42 am

Yeah right?!? Strange days indeed.
jcoffy

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion