Seriously...

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Seriously...

Postby Drawingablank » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:33 am

Although I was not awarded tickets in the lottery, I am not complaining about it. That doesn't mean I'm not upset and dissappointed, but I do realize that no amount of whining will change things.

The one thing I will complain about is dragging all this out - register then wait for drawing, no tickets in drawing then wait for STEP, then wait another month for open sale. I just don't see why all this uncertainty needs to be dragged out over 2 1/2 months.

That being said, I wish folks would all stop for a moment and take a deep breath. All this bickering and negatve energy on the boards over the ticket mess gets us no where and some of the posting behavior I am finding annoying at best and disturbing at worst. Such as:

• Entitlement Posts - "I have burned since the stone age so should have gotten a ticket"
  • Burnier Than Thou Posts - "I am a real burner, etc..."
  • Veterans over Birgins Posts - For some reason these posts see fit to put down birgins for wanting to attend.
  • Nonsense Mathematical Posts - Complex equations using questionable data - performing precise math on guessed numbers seems absurd.
  • Harebrained Schemes Posts - Self explanatory.

Even more disturbing are the few posts from eplaya members I otherwise admire and like to read, ripping into non ticket winners as if it is their fault their number didn't come up.

I would really like to see this ticket fiasco behind us for better or worse and let the boards get back to being fun and useful, rather than a place to vent anger.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Re: Seriously...

Postby lucky420 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:36 am

**round of applause for DrawingaBlank**

Well said DAB, well said!
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby jkisha » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:01 am

lucky420 wrote:**round of applause for DrawingaBlank**

Well said DAB, well said!

I'll second that sentiment.

Regarding why BMORG is dragging this out, it should be obvious...they are making it up as they go along, reacting to whatever happed as a result of the poorly thought through idea they just implemented by trying to fix the problemt with yet another poorly thought through idea. They needed to enlist compitent help from experts that have been handling ticket sales successfully for years rather than keep trying unsuccessfully to reinvent the wheel.

They are all way beyond their level of expertise when it comes to ticket sales, and there is nothing wrong with that. The problem is that they are not able to admit it and hire the expertise actually required to get this fixed. There is a point when realizing that being radically self reliant can sometimes mean seeking the help of someone more radically qualified for the task at hand.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby RedHeaven » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:03 am

Yaaaaay well said!!! Time will heal this thing....The process...I think everyone is getting past the anger part. Constructiveness should follow, its the Burny way. (truly) Reconstruction not destruction....will be now our instruction!

We can save destruction for waaaay later....like the week goes.

The dust must settle. The storm came in roundabout early afternoon, it was a doozy. It pulled up everyones structures. Now we are sifting through rubble. This is only a phase in the process.....

Serious panic is a little over the top. OK if you are a total die hard burner that has huge projects to take on, then I can see the stress. If not, CHILL.
Grand Scheme people, grand scheme! For the record I would skip this year, I skipped 2010 (wish I didnt but couldnt afford it) but I have a ticket and Im thinking I should just go. Im just saying if I didnt have a ticket, I would be saying the same thing. Whether I personally go or not is becoming less and less of a concern for me. What makes me more sad is the state of the whole thing.

Then again, like someone said (I think it was Simon?) Time to be more concerned about bringing the playa to the world, and less about how to bring the world to the playa.
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche 4:30 and Dandelion Wine

Postby Raymaker » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:08 am

Drawingablank wrote:I would really like to see this ticket fiasco behind us for better or worse and let the boards get back to being fun and useful, rather than a place to vent anger.

Let's forget about the dead it makes war so negative, the ticket fiasco isn't behind us, it won't be until the last car leaves Burning Man 2013, because it will be a major issue when tickets are sold next year too, and yes I know that is sad.

For my part I just wanted a ticket because I REALLY wanted a ticket, no other reason and not having a reason doesn't make it any better.
Raymaker

Postby Drawingablank » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:23 am

Raymaker wrote:Let's forget about the dead it makes war so negative, the ticket fiasco isn't behind us, it won't be until the last car leaves Burning Man 2013, because it will be a major issue when tickets are sold next year too, and yes I know that is sad.

For my part I just wanted a ticket because I REALLY wanted a ticket, no other reason and not having a reason doesn't make it any better.

Well I have to agreee - the only reason I want to go is because I really want to go again - it's as valid a reason as any.

The fiasco might never be behind us, but that doesn't mean we have to dwell on it 24 / 7.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion