Fixing the ticket problem

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Fixing the ticket problem

Postby MOH » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Not sure if this idea has been thrown out there yet. What if BMORG were to have all of the people who were awarded tickets in the lottery supply names for the tickets purchased? Give them a deadline to supply the names, and if they don't send the names, their tickets will be refunded and put into the STEP program. They haven't printed the tickets yet. Obviously it would be kind of a pain, but maybe they could tack on a surcharge to the STEP tickets or the remaining 10,000 tickets to cover the cost of printing, or extra help needed to check ID at the gates or whatever other costs there were. It seems like a way to fix the problem NOW!!! Starting over isn't going to happen, but if a scalper has to assign a name to the ticket like now they won't be able to. There are probably more details that I am missing, but it seems like a way to make things right.
MOH

Re: Fixing the ticket problem

Postby CornMan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:27 pm

That's what they did with Led Zeppelin tickets at their 2007 reunion to combat the touts. There were 20 million orders for the 20,000 seats. There were tickets on Ebay for several thousand pounds per ticket. Then they got the surprise that each ticket would have the purchaser's name on it, and the ticket holders had to pick up the tickets in person and had a wristband put on that would admit them to the show. Needless to say, the Ebay scammers disappeared. The time it takes to check tickets/identification at the gate would be a drop in the bucket compared to time for the search and all that. Hell, the greeters took far longer to entertain us than it would take to check an ID.

The camp with a difference
Never mind the weather
When you camp with Plug & Ply
Your holiday's forever
CornMan

Postby bigdane » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:40 pm

Sounds like a good suggestion! I think as a community of resourceful people that there ought to be more energy spent on trying to find a solution than condemning the one that was used...it's kinda like beating a dead horse.
don't play with matches unless you intend to burn
bigdane

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:50 pm

MOH wrote:Not sure if this idea has been thrown out there yet.

Yes. It has been thrown out there. Multiple times. Every day, or more often, for two months. Nice that you spent 30 seconds reading these threads in order to do basic research. Maybe the llc made the wrong call. Maybe not.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby BBadger » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:57 pm

How does one deal with the situation where a ticket needs to be transferred to someone else?

Wait, that was already addressed--or rather not addressed with this system--many times.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby CornMan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:06 pm

Ticket holders will have until the deadline to assign names on the tickets. Once they're assigned, that's that. If something comes up, you put your ticket into STEP.
The camp with a difference
Never mind the weather
When you camp with Plug & Ply
Your holiday's forever
CornMan

Postby MOH » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:29 pm

Wo crypto chill out. I've spent a lot more than 30 seconds looking into this. I have nothing but love for Burning Man. Yes, it was suggested before the lottery. Yes it has been suggested for next year. Show me the seggestions for doing it right now!
MOH

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion