If you try for a low income ticket...

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

If you try for a low income ticket...

Postby junglebrad » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:52 pm

you have to wait 6 weeks to find out if you will get one. This falls after the secondary sale. So my question is, after applying for a low income ticket, can you also try for the secondary sale? Some people that qualify for the low income ticket might want one so damned bad they might put a few bills on hold and also try for the march sale. If they didn't get a low income ticket, they'd miss the secondary sale if they waited to find out.
...all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves...

~Bill Hicks
junglebrad

Re: If you try for a low income ticket...

Postby SachiIvy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:00 pm

If you apply for a low income ticket and then purchase a 'last sale' ticket, your low income application will be denied. If you can afford to buy the most expensive tickets from the sale, you shouldn't be applying for low-income anyway.
SachiIvy

Postby CornMan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:03 pm

SachiIvy wrote:If you apply for a low income ticket and then purchase a 'last sale' ticket, your low income application will be denied. If you can afford to buy the most expensive tickets from the sale, you shouldn't be applying for low-income anyway.

That's not necessarily the case. For example, during the main sale, I had a contract to teach one semester of high school math. That contract is completed, so I'm back to substitute teaching for peanuts with a lot of student loans to repay.
The camp with a difference
Never mind the weather
When you camp with Plug & Ply
Your holiday's forever
CornMan

Postby junglebrad » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:12 pm

Exactly. We put a few bills on 'hold' for the main lotto. This created a bit of a financial burden, however we felt it was worth it. What I'm saying is, I'd be willing to do it again for the last sale, if I was denied the low income ticket. But because you won't know until six weeks after the low income app, you'd miss the last sale if you didn't try for it.

This is of course last resort if STEP doesn't work, which is up in the air. My wife has a friend with an extra ticket he'd give to us. Then we'd only need one more. I'm thinking a lot of burners with extras would look to their friends before STEP. But I've been wrong before...
...all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration – that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves...

~Bill Hicks
junglebrad

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion