BMorg *could* buy tix from Scalps put into STEP

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

BMorg *could* buy tix from Scalps put into STEP

Postby TheFunkHole » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:37 pm

The BMorg *could* buy tickets from scalpers in order to take back ownership, then "work with people" to get tickets in hands of attendees determined to have a valid interest in the event. (via STEP)

Costly... yes.

Solution:
*Investigate methods of budget reduction from the event to make up lost scalper expenses (There must be some)

This might help alleviate the ticket dilemma without further isolating long-term attendees.

It's only money... ;)
TheFunkHole

Re: BMorg *could* buy tix from Scalps put into STEP

Postby chunts » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:52 pm

why would they buy it? seems like if the org figures out someone is a scalper, they can just refund the CC on file for the ticket#, void the ticket, and throw one back into the available pool.

(and from what I gather, they are already basically doing this for tickets they have found being scalped)
chunts

Postby pink » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:59 pm

I am hoping this. One of the pulled links on Craiglist was for a Reno based big camp with '4 extra $240 tix sold at face value', but with camp dues, the total price came to over $2600.

I say pull back the scalped tickets and any others purchased by the persons scalping. How you find out who they are is the question, but I'm sure it could be done. Or at least attempted.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby TheFunkHole » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:05 pm

seems like if the org figures out someone is a scalper, they can just refund the CC on file for the ticket#, void the ticket

That would work as well, but I'm not sure how they would get the ticket number from the seller?
TheFunkHole

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion