Transparency and scalpers

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Transparency and scalpers

Postby Livingplayfully » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:02 pm

Couple ideas I'd like to throw in the soup here. I think this whole thing could use a lot more transparency, numbers, decision process, etc...

I can't believe they went ahead with the lottery: they had to be sitting there on the 23rd with the rough results. I'm not thinking they knew exactly how it was going to turn out but to my mind they could have made some rough estimates something like - looks like 20, 40, 60, 80 % of our tickets are going to go to scalpers if we run this. And if they weren't having discussions like that they should have been.

How about giving us the numbers now. I don't think it would be too difficult for BMorg to run some casual surveys and come up with figures about what percentage of each tier went to scalpers. At this point it is obvious that scalpers got a lot of tickets, it can only serve the community to have some estimates on the road ahead as well as help consumers make good buying decisions. Scalping is not a new science, BMorg should higher a consultant to give us information/educate us on the best time to buy or what a good scalped price is likely to be. I guess a how to guide to buying a ticket stickied at the top of this forum would be a good idea.

Ackk, my mind is racing again.. better shut up
Livingplayfully

Re: Transparency and scalpers

Postby The CO » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Your numbers are way off.

Last count was 200+/- tickets on 3rd party reseller sites. Some are being pulled as they violate policies on those sites, or other reasons.

200 'scalped' tickets out of 43,000 so far is less than 1%.
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404://Village Not Found

Postby Livingplayfully » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:25 pm

If I were pressed to come up with 'my' numbers at this point I would put it somewhere between 35-50% of tickets went to scalpers and that's based on the anecdotal stories in a few Colorado camps and trying to correct for my inherent overestimation of things. My point would be that BMorg should be sharing what they think the numbers are.
Livingplayfully

Postby AntiM » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:30 pm

Just because lots of folks didn't get tickets doesn't mean those ticket are in the hands of scalpers. It means they didn't get drawn.
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion