YOU WEREN'T "REJECTED"!

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

YOU WEREN'T "REJECTED"!

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:20 pm

It was a random draw. The fact that you didn't get a ticket doesn't mean that the llc had a serious look at you and found you lacking. It just means that you didn't get a ticket. And running around saying "I was rejected by Burningman" is only going to make you feel like shit. Don't let that idea run around in your head, making you feel bad. You don't have any power over the ticket distribution, but you have control over the thoughts in your head.

(If you need any help understanding and acting upon this I suggest you research Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy.)
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Re: YOU WEREN'T "REJECTED"!

Postby Donna Matrix » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:33 pm

it's the way we feel. true, not true. but it is contrary to everything about bm.

right?
Donna Matrix

Postby Brianna_Beauty413 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:43 pm

At first I was sympathetic but now I think some people just need to quit their bitchin'.
It's not our fault or anybody elses on here that your name didn't get drawn...so don't try to ruin it for us. If you truly want to go that bad then you'll find a ticket - whether it's from a scalper or not.
"One good thing about music: When it hits you - you feel no pain" - Bob Marley
Brianna_Beauty413

Postby BetaBox » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:43 pm

See you in 2014
BetaBox

Postby Donna Matrix » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:45 pm

Brianna_Beauty413 wrote:At first I was sympathetic but now I think some people just need to quit their bitchin'.
It's not our fault or anybody elses on here that your name didn't get drawn...so don't try to ruin it for us. If you truly want to go that bad then you'll find a ticket - whether it's from a scalper or not.

Your picture says it all. Snooty.
Donna Matrix

Postby Brianna_Beauty413 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:49 pm

nope. just not a sore loser..but I have no problem turning my nose up to people like you. You've done nothing but bash and bash the eplaya since you've been "rejected". If you were one of the winning recipients of the drawing then you wouldn't be going around whining so much. If it matters that much to you then get off this site and start looking around other places for tickets.
Brianna_Beauty413

Postby zer0mass » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:49 pm

Am I unhappy that I didn't get a ticket right away? Yes, and why wouldn't be? But that doesn't give me an excuse to badmouth BMORG or the people that got their tickets. I don't think that the lottery was the best idea however I understand that there were issues with the servers last year and that they wanted a way to avoid those problems. I look at it this way, I need to earn my way there and so I will do that.
To be honest I'm more upset about all of the trash talking than not getting a ticket.
zer0mass

Postby twister5voy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:56 pm

I know the BMOrg was out to get me. They hated me from the start. I pretty sure those security cameras in my house are new, and that my phone is tapped. Larry Harvey has access to the Patriot Act and he's not afraid to use it!

Wait a minute.... you say none of that rings a bell?
My mistake. :D
twister5voy

Postby pink » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:19 am

zer0mass wrote:Am I unhappy that I didn't get a ticket right away? Yes, and why wouldn't be? But that doesn't give me an excuse to badmouth BMORG or the people that got their tickets. I don't think that the lottery was the best idea however I understand that there were issues with the servers last year and that they wanted a way to avoid those problems. I look at it this way, I need to earn my way there and so I will do that.
To be honest I'm more upset about all of the trash talking than not getting a ticket.

:D :D :D
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby ZaphodBurner » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:01 am

Brianna_Beauty413 wrote:At first I was sympathetic but now I think some people just need to quit their bitchin'.

In the meantime, I might not spend $1000 and weeks of summer building an art car this year, I won't spend hundreds of dollars and countless hours distilling absinthe to give away, our camp might not be able to bring back the root beer service and build a public viewing structure again.

NONE of us got tickets, including the virgins. But, it's fun hearing people's comments about whether we "want to go bad enough" and that if we truly wanted to go, we'd buy tickets from a scalper. I thought the whole fucking point of all this was to eliminate scalping.

No, fuck that. That's disrespectful to my campmates, myself, my wife and all the effort and money they invested and volunteered for this to share with people to say that if they REALLY want to go, they'll find another way to get a ticket.

This year, my wife and I will probably tell everybody we're virgins and enjoy all the free entertainment and booze instead of serving people, volunteering at the airport and making art again this year. That way, our entire camp's frustration won't "ruin it" for anybody.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby litlaur » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:38 am

I used the word rejected mostly as a joke. Sure, I'm unhappy about not getting tickets. It sucks balls, but I'm not seriously taking it personally. I will get tickets. Hopefully via STEP, but I'll go outside the (broken) system if I have to.
litlaur

Burning Since: 2009

Postby Donna Matrix » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:59 am

this is starting to be quite funny.

the winners don't realize that they are the real losers.

camps are not going to be there.

this process has split up everything.

Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall.
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the King's horses and
All the King's men...

couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again.....

This is the NEW BM.

SAD.
Donna Matrix

Postby gibson_ » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:24 am

Donna, you are being kindof a jerk in more than one thread here...

But you and zaphod do make a good point. I've seen a *lot* of people posting that they simply won't be bringing their camps out this year. That sucks.

I think a lot of people just feel kindof betrayed by the org right now.
gibson_

Postby remi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:29 am

The camps that won't make it are the one's that aren't radically self reliant. My entire crew and I got our tickets.. but we did what the big camps and artist were suppose to do... pre-sale. I knew before Xmas that I had already secured a ticket. For the 30$ over 3rd tier price that I paid... It was the best extra 30$ I've ever spent.

EDIT: It's funny, because after the pre-sale, it was hard to find people that got 'rejected' from the presale lotto.. it seems like every single person got a ticket. The forum was filled with happy people. Too bad there isn't that same awesome feeling this week.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby BBadger » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:33 am

Donna Matrix wrote:this is starting to be quite funny.

the winners don't realize that they are the real losers.

camps are not going to be there.

this process has split up everything.

Humpty Dumpty sat on the wall.
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the King's horses and
All the King's men...

couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again.....

This is the NEW BM.

SAD.

You know, I'm starting to think the lottery actually did us all a favor by sparing us the presence of some individuals.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Donna Matrix » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:34 am

gibson_ wrote:Donna, you are being kindof a jerk in more than one thread here...

But you and zaphod do make a good point. I've seen a *lot* of people posting that they simply won't be bringing their camps out this year. That sucks.

I think a lot of people just feel kindof betrayed by the org right now.

yeah........... I am kindof jerk...... that's true.

people don't like hearing the truth. I tell the truth........ I am a jerk.

kick me. I like the pain.
Donna Matrix

Postby ZaphodBurner » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:47 am

remi wrote:The camps that won't make it are the one's that aren't radically self reliant. My entire crew and I got our tickets..

Bullshit and good for you. You know who else is radically self-reliant? Scalpers.

NOBODY IN MY CAMP GOT TICKETS. Why should we spend extra hundreds of dollars to spend extra thousands of dollars to entertain people's asses when they're just going to tell us, well, if we don't get a ticket it's because we're not radically self-reliant? In 2010 I figured out a way to get myself and at least three friends at a time in for free. That's radically self-reliant, but, we still bought and continue to try to buy tickets. And, yes, what one newbie said is true: If burners want to go badly enough, they will.

We were told by the organization that this would be a simple, easy process to prevent scalping and ensure that everybody who was already planning to go could get tickets in the lottery process. That's what they told us. Our lack of radical self-reliance involves the fact that we trusted them that -most- of us would at least get tickets at some tier in the lottery.

Next time, everybody will just jack the early ticket sales and fuck everybody who wanted to give them as Christmas presents. Many of the camps that won't make it are tired of the ARROGANCE and BULLSHIT spewed by people who seem to think that being lucky enough to win a ticket is "trying hard enough" or "radically self reliant."

By the way, unless your people placed the order for your tickets individually, on their own credit cards and tjeu weren't one of the people in your camp buying one off of another campmate, they're not "radically self-reliant." I shouldn't be complaining, though, because I have stock in VISA, who gets $$$ for every single ticket transaction. Also, all of the virgins I know got tickets.
"The Red Baron is smart.. He never spends the whole night dancing and drinking root beer.. "-The WWI Flying Ace
ZaphodBurner

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: The Green Hour 2012 - 9:00 & D

Postby BBadger » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:55 am

Yes, now I'm convinced the lottery has done the playa great good. The true colors are shown. May the door hit you on the way out.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby The CO » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:58 am

ZaphodBurner wrote:But, it's fun hearing people's comments about whether we "want to go bad enough" and that if we truly wanted to go, we'd buy tickets from a scalper.

Who is saying that? The overwhelming statement I'm seeing is DON'T BUY FROM SCALPERS. Point out the person encouraging people to buy from scalpers and I will personally give them a good thrashing.

I will totally back that if you want it bad enough, you'll find a way. Radical self-reliance.

Donna M- I know you're pissed right now, but attacking someone for their pic on eplaya is beneath you. You're better than that.

DON'T BUY FROM SCALPERS.
FACE VALUE OR FUCK OFF.
Last edited by The CO on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
M*A*S*H 4207th: An army of fun.
I don't care what the borg says: feather-wearers will NOT be served in Rosie's Bar.
Yes, I am the arbiter of doing it right or wrong. Guess which one you are!
The CO

Burning Since: 1996
Camp Name: M*A*S*H 4207th/404: Error

Postby Kenny Z » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:05 am

I didn't get a ticket because I am white! :cry:
Kenny Z

Postby Donna Matrix » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:11 am

Kenny Z wrote:I didn't get a ticket because I am white! :cry:

it's a racist plot.................... (by whom, I wouldn't know, since there are just a few ethnics up there)
Donna Matrix

Postby lemur » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:17 am

the LLC is biased against root beer.
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby Litup » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:41 am

Donna Matrix wrote:

Well that was rude!! Bri is not snooty. We all feel sorry for whoever didn't get tickets and want to do whatever we can to help figure out a solution. However, it seems like there are quite a few of you who don't even really want the tickets. If you think Burning Man is going to suck this year and that it's not even worth going, why are you still hanging around? You lost the spirit of BM, so why try to drag down so many others with you? I am going, and it will be FANTASTIC this year, even if the art isn't as good and there are no large groups of vets. BM is about community. There are still plenty of great burners that are determined to get a ticket, either through open sale or STEP. You can complain all you want, but negativity and bashing everyone that did get tickets is not going to solve anything. I am glad I got a ticket, because I REALLY wanted one and I know that if I hadn't gotten one in the lottery, I would have taken a positive approach and started saving some extra money for open sale or STEP. I'm not saying this is the best system. Just that we do have the power to choose how we react to difficult situations and disappointment. Maybe we are the losers here, but at least I'm a positive loser with a can-do attitude instead of a why-me attitude.

Oh, and bri, I like your pic! :)
Litup

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Donna Matrix » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:48 am

it's not about individuals at this point. it's about the theme camps.

you'll see. you'll come around. and snooty is the right word. you'll see that too.

then you'll be embarrassed. or mortified. or worse.

May the dogs of BLM wreak vengeance on all of you. they smell - they sniff - they find you.

saw it last year. going to be ramped up this year. make sure you bring lots of drugs.
Donna Matrix

Postby 1durphul » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:51 am

Donna Matrix wrote:

If Snookie wants to come to Burning Man and succeeded in the lottery she should feel radically included.
1durphul

Postby Lassen Forge » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:59 am

Yes you were.

Ticket crew went through each one of the names, found yours, and made sure you didn't get a ticket. The comment was "You think we want such a whiny loser shirtcocker at the burn, we'll show them"...

Just so you know... yes, you were rejected, picked on, singled out, shunned, spat upon, excluded, cast aside, turned down, turned away, put down, passed by, and vetoed. Should have put those pants on when we told you... :mrgreen:

This moment of burner ambiguity and satire brought to you by Disinformation Radio, 99.9 FM, WTF Apokiliptika... where we know you are all fucking doomed.
Lassen Forge

Location: Where it's always... Wednesday. Don't lose your head over it.

Postby Litup » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Bay Bridge Sue wrote:Yes you were.

Ticket crew went through each one of the names, found yours, and made sure you didn't get a ticket. The comment was "You think we want such a whiny loser shirtcocker at the burn, we'll show them"...

Just so you know... yes, you were rejected, picked on, singled out, shunned, spat upon, excluded, cast aside, turned down, turned away, put down, passed by, and vetoed. Should have put those pants on when we told you... :mrgreen:

This moment of burner ambiguity and satire brought to you by Disinformation Radio, 99.9 FM, WTF Apokiliptika... where we know you are all fucking doomed.

HA!!
Litup

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Donna Matrix » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:16 pm

you popple are just so cuddly cute...........

it refreshing to see so many right spirited popple going this year

and it's nice to see that this thread has been turned upside down.

Instead of "You weren't Rejected" it has become "You were rejected"

now very sweet. thank you. *kisses*
Donna Matrix

Postby Brianna_Beauty413 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:23 pm

Litup wrote:
Donna Matrix wrote:

Well that was rude!! Bri is not snooty. We all feel sorry for whoever didn't get tickets and want to do whatever we can to help figure out a solution. However, it seems like there are quite a few of you who don't even really want the tickets. If you think Burning Man is going to suck this year and that it's not even worth going, why are you still hanging around? You lost the spirit of BM, so why try to drag down so many others with you? I am going, and it will be FANTASTIC this year, even if the art isn't as good and there are no large groups of vets. BM is about community. There are still plenty of great burners that are determined to get a ticket, either through open sale or STEP. You can complain all you want, but negativity and bashing everyone that did get tickets is not going to solve anything. I am glad I got a ticket, because I REALLY wanted one and I know that if I hadn't gotten one in the lottery, I would have taken a positive approach and started saving some extra money for open sale or STEP. I'm not saying this is the best system. Just that we do have the power to choose how we react to difficult situations and disappointment. Maybe we are the losers here, but at least I'm a positive loser with a can-do attitude instead of a why-me attitude.

Oh, and bri, I like your pic! :)

HEAR HEAR!!!

and thank you love :)
<3
Brianna_Beauty413

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:26 pm

litlaur wrote:I used the word rejected mostly as a joke. Sure, I'm unhappy about not getting tickets. It sucks balls, but I'm not seriously taking it personally. I will get tickets. Hopefully via STEP, but I'll go outside the (broken) system if I have to.

A lot of people were using the word. Like they got dumped by the captain of hte football team just before prom. Not having enough room for everyone to go, is a very different thing than having the universe look deep into your soul and decide that you are unworthy. It just seemed that a lot of people where making a mountan out of a mole-hill. Of course, I could be mis-persiving tone...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Next

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion