Suggestion for the open sale

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Suggestion for the open sale

Postby pink » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:39 pm

The last time I checked, the main sale allowed the purchase of up to 4 tickets. Since there are so many without tickets (like me), I suggest the limit be two or even just one per order.

Since this sale could be overrun by scalper bots, a 4 ticket limit could allow them to scoop up most of the minimum of 2,500 orders. A two ticket limit One or two would give the greatest chance to all burners without tickets to get one. Two tickets gives you 5,000 people getting tickets, 1 per order gives 10,000 people tickets.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Re: Suggestion for the open sale

Postby Ruleryak » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:45 pm

This is a fantastic idea - and all it takes is a change on their part. One per person would greatly increase the odds that more actual individuals and fewer bots/scalping groups will wind up with those remaining tickets. Anyone that has been saying they can't buy their own tickets because they don't have a credit card or bank account with a debit card - now's their chance to get setup. If they have the ticket money, sign up for a no-fee checking account from any of hundreds of banks in this country, they'll be set even if they only ever use it to buy tickets and close it again right afterwards. They've got 2 months to get that taken care of, no excuse for not being able to buy your own ticket with your own money if sales were restricted to 1 per person.

Thumbs up! :mrgreen:
07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13 - 14 Soon!
Ruleryak

Postby tamarakay » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:48 pm

Oh I don't know. I tend to purchase things in twos for the hubby and myself.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby Mofessor » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:54 pm

one ticket per person seems to be the best option... or maybe these 10,000 could be:

1) held at will call like the low income tix
2) have names/photos/whatever on them so they're directly linked to a person
3) be Fed Ex'ed 10 days before the event to prevent much time on the scalping market (overseas orders are problematic)
4) only people that registered in the lottery can call in (maybe with a personal access code or something), or maybe you have to register in advance to be able to call in (to try and scrub bots)

whatever is chosen, four seems like too many given the scarcity
Mofessor

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion