Official "GOING TO GET TICKETS" Thread.

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Official "GOING TO GET TICKETS" Thread.

Postby kayalovelife » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:28 pm

Okay. I need your help. We need each other's help. Since I realized the lottery was done, I've wanted to cry, scream, throw things...I've e-mailed, called, Skyped, complained, and downright pouted. After a Nutella binge, I'm ready to move on.

WE WILL GET TICKETS!! We will, we will, we will. If we say we will, we will.
Last year, I bought a ticket last minute for $400 from a scalper. It was a fake. I found out AT the gate. It was my first burn. I was with 4 real tickets. The greeters found me a $200 ticket. it was a blessing.

I'm not giving up. I'm still going to get the RV. I'm still going to shop on EBay (supplies). I'm still going to plan.

We get priority in STEP! That is exciting news. We are annoying internet addicts. We will have a SHOT in the next sale! We may be broke, in which we can apply for Low Income. I know these things are being repeated...but they are resources.
And you know what, in the end, we will have the last minute scalpers. Not the $1,500 scalpers, but the friends who get sick, get jobs, who get rid of their tickets for one reason or another. We will have craigslist. We WILL HAVE OPTIONS.

So say it with me: "I WILL GET MY TICKET. I WILL GO TO BURNING MAN THIS YEAR."

...because forgive me if I'm spoiled and already live in Central America, but there is no trip, no "other trip" that's going to work for me. I'm flying home to the States for one thing and one thing only and that is fucking Burning Man. So if you care as much as I do, which I am guessing you do, THEN LET'S GO. Let's do it. Let's not take no for an answer. Let's have our cake and let's roll around in its dustiness :)
kayalovelife

Re: Official "GOING TO GET TICKETS" Thread.

Postby Ninzy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:31 pm

Kayla - u will get a ticket as will everyone else who wants to go - yes there will be some total a hole scalpers that will sell at some seriously inflated prices! But most tickets probably went to Burners who panicked (good for the community) and ordered more tickets than they needed - so you will get a ticket - the awesome Burner family shall provide

Once everyone has finished panicking and the dust settles - it will all become clear!
Last edited by Ninzy on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ur just jealous cos the Voices are talking to ME!
Ninzy

Postby wh..sh » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:33 pm

kayalovelife wrote:"I WILL GET MY TICKET. I WILL GO TO BURNING MAN THIS YEAR."

Damn right you will!!!! I will drink to that!
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
wh..sh

Postby drutter » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Ninzy wrote:u will get a ticket as will everyone else who wants to go

Nice sentiment, but that's all it is, a hope with no basis in reality. There are already thousands of Burners who won't be able to go because of this - read around the forum a little. Some people need to begin their buying and planning TODAY in order to make this happen in August, and without a guaranteed ticket at this point, they're out. Most of those who fall into this category are either from overseas or have special considerations such as disabilities etc. Then there are people who go as a group, and have some members unable to get tickets, or unable to get tickets at a price they can afford, and so the group has to either decide to split up, or wait and see for next year. And so on. Then there's the fact that the event now sells out, and there are far more Burners than there are tickets. Saying we'll all get tickets and we'll all be there in August just isn't true.

Optimism feels great, but in a world ruled by reality, the cold hard truth is king.
Heavy on preparations, light on expectations.
drutter

Postby Ninzy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:50 pm

drutter - this is called GOING TO GET TICKETS

with lots of rants and meltdowns going on (yes I understand that it may be justified) I was trying to throw in a lil positivity into the mix. Yes I hope everyone who wants a ticket will get one but there is no need to go insane buying tickets RIGHT NOW when the main sale hasn't opened up yet and STEPS hasn't either! Positivity is a good thing!

The Burner family provides - look to your fellow Burners NOT the scalpers
Last edited by Ninzy on Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ninzy

Postby kayalovelife » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:53 pm

drutter wrote:
Ninzy wrote:u will get a ticket as will everyone else who wants to go

Nice sentiment, but that's all it is, a hope with no basis in reality. There are already thousands of Burners who won't be able to go because of this - read around the forum a little. Some people need to begin their buying and planning TODAY in order to make this happen in August, and without a guaranteed ticket at this point, they're out. Most of those who fall into this category are either from overseas or have special considerations such as disabilities etc. Then there are people who go as a group, and have some members unable to get tickets, or unable to get tickets at a price they can afford, and so the group has to either decide to split up, or wait and see for next year. And so on. Then there's the fact that the event now sells out, and there are far more Burners than there are tickets. Saying we'll all get tickets and we'll all be there in August just isn't true.

Optimism feels great, but in a world ruled by reality, the cold hard truth is king.

Yeah you're fired from my thread. (just kidding, kind of)
There is basis in reality. The reality is allllllllll of the resources that are referred to above. Also....
Burning Man SOLD OUT last year. Who do you know that couldn't go? That didn't go?
kayalovelife

Postby Sugahoneyicetea » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:09 pm

Now that I've calmed down...I'm not going to give up. I'm gonna try every way possible to get tickets to BM.
Even though I've been set back a month or so, I HAVE to make it to Burning Man.
I can see this being part of the whole "fertility 2.0" shit. life in the playa petri dish like all other life is based off chance and decisions. I've made the decision to move on and continue towards my ultimate goal.
Burning the MAN.
Sugahoneyicetea

Postby Ninzy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:11 pm

suga suga aawww honey honey you just seriously made me smile WOOHOO
Ninzy

Postby AntiM » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:17 pm

I saw a few Utah burners last year who could not find last minute tickets. On the other hand, even after the sellout, I managed to facilitate tickets into the hands of four burners through generosity and gifting which I was able to be the middleman for. Both perspectives are valid at this point.

Although it is true, demand outstrips supply. I predict a good number of last minute can't goes in addition to those who must throw in the towel. And I am going to keep on alert to find tickets for eplayans I know are ticketless at this point in time.

Positive thing: volunteers this year will work their butts off for next year's tickets.

Oh, and that lovely weather we had last year? The wonderful hard packed surface? Not this year, it will be epic dust, the playa didn't get enough water over winter, not enough for the hard freeze. That will make 2013 be less in demand. Huzzah!
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby kayalovelife » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:21 pm

AntiM wrote:I saw a few Utah burners last year who could not find last minute tickets. On the other hand, even after the sellout, I managed to facilitate tickets into the hands of four burners through generosity and gifting which I was able to be the middleman for. Both perspectives are valid at this point.

Although it is true, demand outstrips supply. I predict a good number of last minute can't goes in addition to those who must throw in the towel. And I am going to keep on alert to find tickets for eplayans I know are ticketless at this point in time.

Positive thing: volunteers this year will work their butts off for next year's tickets.

Oh, and that lovely weather we had last year? The wonderful hard packed surface? Not this year, it will be epic dust, the playa didn't get enough water over winter, not enough for the hard freeze. That will make 2013 be less in demand. Huzzah!

Okay, well how's this. There may be a small percentage of people who actually can't get tickets, at the very end, in the long run.
But us, the planners, the freaker-outers, the obsessively early determined lovers of this event....We're not going to be a part of the percentage of last minute people who don't get tickets. THAT is not realistic.
kayalovelife

Postby drutter » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:25 pm

*spreads pure positivity and happy, fun, tasty, sexual (if consenting), exciting, delightful, glorious, unabated pure OPTIMISM all over the thread*
YAY!!!! Burning Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Heavy on preparations, light on expectations.
drutter

Postby kayalovelife » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:28 pm

drutter wrote:*spreads pure positivity and happy, fun, tasty, sexual (if consenting), exciting, delightful, glorious, unabated pure OPTIMISM all over the thread*
YAY!!!! Burning Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

THERE YOU GO!!!!!

I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT. '
kayalovelife

Postby Ruleryak » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:32 pm

*BAD MOOD EDIT*

Everyone with the right attitude and enough cash will get a ticket.

Here's hoping STEP works out well and does not have any fees (they do not deserve to take more money from us for ticket nightmares their system created). Following STEP, here's hoping that they recognize there's going to be a massive run on the last 10,000 official tickets the moment they go on sale March 28th at noon pacific. If they run STEP well and buy much much much better hosting for the ticket sale than they had last year I think most of us will be fine.
Last edited by Ruleryak on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
07, 08, 09, 10, 11, 13 - 14 Soon!
Ruleryak

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Camp Awesomesauce

Postby Litup » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:34 pm

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ALL ON THE PLAYA!!!

(seemed like caps lock was the thing to do in this thread)

Creativity is a huge part of Burning Man. True burners are creative, innovative, and inspired people who will find a way no matter what. I DO BELIEVE THIS! :D
Litup

Burning Since: 2012

Postby pink » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:20 pm

A nutella fix! That's what I need. :) And I WILL get a ticket. Just gonna take a bit more work. And waiting. And Tom Petty is right, it's the hardest part!
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby pink » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:25 pm

Nutella in hand on a big piece of bread. You're right, I feel much better!
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby kayalovelife » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:32 pm

pink wrote:Nutella in hand on a big piece of bread. You're right, I feel much better!

My work makes nutella banana crepes...YUM. Oh I love Nutella.
kayalovelife

Postby OnceTheDustClears » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:58 pm

At least they sent us a nice, warm, positive note to tell us that we got screwed.
OnceTheDustClears

Postby ignite00 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:00 pm

Thanks for the positive vibes Kaya; it's nice to see that there are some on these boards who have yet to succumb to the panic and disillusionment that so many others have fallen prey to. Keep faith everyone and keep trying; don't let this significant, yet surmountable, obstacle ruin the spirit of burning man from you. The last thing we need to do is fall apart as a community in the face of this new, hard-to-swallow reality of scarcity.

Can't wait to see you all back home!
ignite00

Postby vargaso » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:21 pm

AntiM wrote:I saw a few Utah burners last year who could not find last minute tickets. On the other hand, even after the sellout, I managed to facilitate tickets into the hands of four burners through generosity and gifting which I was able to be the middleman for. Both perspectives are valid at this point.

That's a really good point. The weather was UNBELIEVABLY pleasant last year. First-time burners in 2011: that is NOT how it normally is. All we need is another 2007 with crazy-ass dust storms and an almost unrideable playa to weed out the fair-weather burners. Ha. I'm kidding, mostly. I do think the nice weather increased demand even more. Anyway, in line with the positivity on this thread, I'm hopeful most of will get tickets.
vargaso

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Postby Mosquitopilate » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:49 pm

I am still going.....STEP WILL HELP
Twitter - @BurnPlayaMan E-Mail - Mosquitopilate@yahoo.com Image
Thanks to all that made BM 2012 great. You people are the best on planet earth )'( )'( )'(
Mosquitopilate

Postby vacuumbed » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:08 pm

I also HAVE to go. What is the risk in buying from stub hub?
vacuumbed

Postby A Jester » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:20 pm

+1
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester

Postby Mosquitopilate » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:14 am

I have to say that at first I was flipping out but lets just say I have been told to keep my head up by a few people on this site and I want to thank you again..I am going to get a TICKET!!!
Twitter - @BurnPlayaMan E-Mail - Mosquitopilate@yahoo.com Image
Thanks to all that made BM 2012 great. You people are the best on planet earth )'( )'( )'(
Mosquitopilate

Postby kayalovelife » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:06 am

Sunshine, and rainbows baby.
kayalovelife

Postby Ninzy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:35 am

I think what people are also forgetting is that the physical tickets will not be mailed out til later this year, so anyone selling tickets - physical or will call - at stupid prices - notify bmorg and they can do something about it if they are not face value! Stop them at the source.
Ninzy

Postby AntiM » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:59 am

Ninzy wrote:I think what people are also forgetting is that the physical tickets will not be mailed out til later this year, so anyone selling tickets - physical or will call - at stupid prices - notify bmorg and they can do something about it if they are not face value! Stop them at the source.

I have already done this successfully. Ticket order cancelled.
we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave. . . .
AntiM

Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Ninzy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:29 am

Thats totally awesome AntiM - people take note - lets cut these a holes off before they can mug anymore panicky Burners
Ninzy

Postby Milayna » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:13 am

This thread is a refreshing change from all the others. I don't know if it's naive to stay positive about getting a ticket because it seems like no one's sure where all the tickets are, but I'm determined to go, and I'm determined not to buy from scalpers, so I'm going to join in here- Yes I will get a ticket!!!
Milayna

Burning Since: 2012

Postby kayalovelife » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:26 pm

Milayna wrote:This thread is a refreshing change from all the others. I don't know if it's naive to stay positive about getting a ticket because it seems like no one's sure where all the tickets are, but I'm determined to go, and I'm determined not to buy from scalpers, so I'm going to join in here- Yes I will get a ticket!!!

Yes!!
kayalovelife

Next

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion