curious and trying not to be a conspiratorial theorists

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

curious and trying not to be a conspiratorial theorists

Postby quiltfairy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:10 am

Just curious....did anyone get awarded a ticket lower then the the highest tier they signed up for?
quiltfairy

Re: curious and trying not to be a conspiratorial theorists

Postby lemur » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:17 am

REMEMBER.. IM JUST CURIOUS AND NOT TRYING TO BE A CONSPIRACY THEORIST..

but.. did you ever wonder if man REALLY landed on the moon.. well. did they?

just curious.. but, do you think that 9/11 was an inside job ?

im just wondering.. i mean, i know the facts.. but.. was JFK killed by a lone gunman ?

ya know.. not to be alarmist.. but.. do you ever wonder if the illuminati actually control everything ?

I know they dont exist.. but, im curious.. did aliens really crash a UFO in roswell NM?

i know he is our president and you need to be a US citizen and that he has shown his birth certificate.. but....... are you ever curious about whether president obama was really born in kenya or not?
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby quiltfairy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:21 am

Thank you for the English correction....accidentally hit that word in the spell correction.

All the other snarky stuff..... thank you not so much
quiltfairy

Postby oneeyeddick » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:22 am

I always found it kinda suspicious that green lights always seem to turn red right before I get through them.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby amarantha » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:36 am

quiltfairy wrote:Just curious....did anyone get awarded a ticket lower then the the highest tier they signed up for?

I am wondering the same thing... very curious to know.
amarantha

Postby Drawingablank » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:39 am

Several people have posted on other ticket threads that they did receive lower tier tickets than the max they signed up for.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Nipple » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:54 am

I've been seeing a lot of posts here and on Facebook complaining that they received the tickets at the max they signed up for.

If you weren't willing to spend that much, why did you select that as an option?
Nipple

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Livingplayfully » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:03 am

I don't think there is a conspiracy here in that I believe that all of the actions have been taken by good people trying to solve a difficult problem. And, I think it can be said that most participants thought the drawing would happen in the order of Tier 1, 2, 3 and it appears that the drawing actually occurred drawing 3, 2, 1. I have not seen reports of people in a higher tier receiving tickets from a lower tier but I am very interested to know if anyone specifically received a ticket from a lower tier and they put in at tier 3 (390) This would tell me that they had over 15,000 apply at tier 3... otherwise they may not have sold all 45,000 tickets....
Livingplayfully

Postby Nipple » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:16 am

Drawing and Processing/Email could have happend independently of each other.

The drawing could have happened almost right after they closed registration and scrubbed the list. Then they could have gone over the list and assigned tiers, and then once they were happy that there weren't any huge problems, they pulled the switch on CC processing. Starting from the high tier and working down.

As CC#'s were declined, they could have been pulling from an alternate list on the spot to make sure the tickets went assigned.

It helps to view this thing as a giant black box. You have no idea what goes on inside the box. You feed it a credit card, and a tier, it whirs and jitters and spits out tickets.

Statistically it hardly matters what order things were drawn. Either you got a ticket, or you didn't. Everything after that is just masturbation. (Granted... I REALLY enjoy mental masturbation over systems... so I've been watching this closely, trying to guess what happens in the box. I've been given so few hints though, so it's hard to say exactly what way it happened. So I guess you can pick and choose which fantasy you believe in, but getting angry over it isn't healthy or helpful.)
Nipple

Postby Eric » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:18 am

I know of multiple people who have gotten tickets at a lower tier than their "max".

Of course I'm a Mod, so I'm probably part of the conspiracy.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Nipple » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:21 am

You have that look about you.
Nipple

Postby Livingplayfully » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:41 am

For me this is a fun mystery to solve, kinda like a crossword..

Did they do the tiers 123 or 321, This can be easily solved if someone can provide information that they were charged 240 on their cc prior to someone being charged 390. I think all of the evidence I've seen so far points to 321.

Was the 390 tier a sell out, I think it probably was but I'd like to know for sure. Did you put in at 390 and receive a 320 or 240?

Lastly, did you put in at 390 and not get a ticket at all? I realize this won't solve the problem any better than the questions above but you are who I would carry the most sadness for.
Livingplayfully

Postby Nipple » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:48 am

Livingplayfully wrote:For me this is a fun mystery to solve, kinda like a crossword..

Did they do the tiers 123 or 321, This can be easily solved if someone can provide information that they were charged 240 on their cc prior to someone being charged 390. I think all of the evidence I've seen so far points to 321.

Was the 390 tier a sell out, I think it probably was but I'd like to know for sure. Did you put in at 390 and receive a 320 or 240?

Lastly, did you put in at 390 and not get a ticket at all? I realize this won't solve the problem any better than the questions above but you are who I would carry the most sadness for.

You're still guessing. I know for a fact that I was charged $390 before someone was charged $240. That tells us that they charged cards 3, 2, 1.

But you don't know that my name could have been drawn in the $390s yesterday, and my friend at $240 was drawn 3 days previous. Nothing has told us yet that name selection happened at the moment that CC processing happened.

MASTURBATORY THOUGHTS AHOY!

I would have to assume that all tiers were sold out as the demand was greater than the amount of tickets. Now... nothing tells us that for sure. It could be that most people registered for the two lower teirs and filled them up, but less than 15,000 people selected $390 as a possibility. Those tickets will be rolled into the $390 x 10,000 secondary sale...

However my gut tells me that statistically, all the requests would have filled up more or less evenly. Maybe with a weighting towards the $240 tier having an inordinate amount of requests. My reasoning behind that is as follows: Were I to game the system by having friends and loved ones get into the lottery, I'd reduce my skin in the game. I'd get 10 entries x2 tickets into the $240, since my cash outlay is likely to be similar to that if I was in 5x2 for the $390 lottery. I get more bang for my entry...

THIS IS ALL CONJECTURE. I HAVE NO POINTS OF DATA TO BACK UP ANYTHING.
Nipple

Postby quiltfairy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:52 am

Living Playfully...I put in for a second tier as the highest I could afford and got that price. Just so ya know
quiltfairy

Postby Livingplayfully » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:58 am

The proposition that they ran the lottery for all three tiers before running the credit cards doesn't seem feasible to me in that if a charge doesn't subsequently go through you would theoretically be obliged to re-run the lottery on that tier... and that would be very problematic in figuring who would participate in that re-run of the lottery.
Livingplayfully

Postby Livingplayfully » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:01 pm

Thanks, quiltfairy, that was my experience as well :)
Livingplayfully

Postby pink » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:21 pm

I put in for all tiers and didn't get a ticket. Just so you know that the $390s sold out.

And I love that kind of mental masturbation too....analyzed the the responses as they came in.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion