Cancelled Credit Card?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Cancelled Credit Card?

Postby FlynnHandley » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Hello,

I'd like to know if anyone else is in this situation or knows of a solution.

Since my wallet has been stolen I've ordered a new credit card and subsequently cancelled my previous card. Unfortunately this was the card that I used to enrol in the Burning man lottery.

Does any one know if I will be given the opportunity to provide a different card number on purchase?

Cheers!
FlynnHandley

Re: Cancelled Credit Card?

Postby tamarakay » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:26 pm

From what I understand no, but you will have the open sale in March and of course the STEP program will be opening up soon. There was another person with this same issue, and that was the mod's answer. I'm so sorry, I hope all goes well.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man - Token

Getting overly dramatic about the ticket sale process is so 2012. - Maladroit

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby Savannah » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:30 pm

Hi Flynn,

Sorry to hear it. It's a week past the date to make changes, and very close to the drawing now (1/31/12 and 2/1/12) though I don't suppose there is harm in asking. The worst they can say is no.

If you used someone else's credit card, if there is a typo in your registration, if your expiration date isn't correct on your registration, your order will be declined. If you contact us before January 22nd we can assist you in re-registering. Go to this link and choose "other" and fill out the short form. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible:

http://tickets2.burningman.com/contact.php

You might also try contacting Participant Services via partiserv(at)burningman(dot)com ASAP, though I think the form is the official way. If you send an email you might want to mention that you have also submitted the online form.

If the card actually gets run & declined during the drawings on 1/31 and 2/1, there won't be an opportunity to give a new number right at that time, as the selection process automatically skips declines and moves on to the next valid card.

There will be other chances--10,000 more tickets sold in March, as well as an online system to buy/sell and avoid Craigslist an eBay (details coming soon).

Good luck to you.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby pink » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:30 am

Someone on another thread had their card cancelled (see the thread titled "What?") and they managed to get participant services to change the card number. Doesn't hurt to try.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby VampireKitten » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:19 pm

Just signed up here, hello all.

So we had a disaster today, my boyfriend surprised me with the fact that we might be getting tickets for Valentines day and we had to report his card for fraud and get it shut off today. I tried EVERYTHING from calling the ticket center (The number on the info line is wrong btw), to emailing directly to get them to take it out of my card instead and even trying to get the bank to approve the one charge. There was nothing we could do.

Nothing worked so I am kind of hoping we DON'T win the lottery for fear of the both of us being completely heartbroken. I'll probably be looking for a pair via the STEP program if anyone gets extras and wants to give us a miracle. If not we are just going to have to try in March.

Bummer.
VampireKitten

Burning Since: 2012

Postby Savannah » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:44 pm

I'm so sorry to hear it, VampireKitten. I'm not sure that the "Sorry, not this time" emails that go out will specify whether it was a card decline, or a matter of selection just not happening. But the email you receive will tell you how to register for March and participate in the ticket resale.

The best of luck to you, & hope to see you on the playa.
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion