STEP program

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

STEP program

Postby catboosh » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:57 pm

so in the latest jackrabbit newsletter I received, a program titled STEP was mentioned

this program resold tickets that other burners were trying to keep in the community and sell at face value.

how do I join this program? I looking for 1 ticket.

if the program will be after the march 28th sale then I can just try and get the ticket at the march sale

does anyone know whats up with the STEP program?
My username seems to have gotten popular. Please be weary of someone impersonating me, I have been honest with all my posts, which has made me a target. any information regarding impersonators would also be appreciated. much love take care <3
catboosh

Burning Since: 2015

Re: STEP program

Postby BBadger » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:06 pm

The lottery isn't even over, and the open sale hasn't even begun. Have some patience. It'll probably be after the open sale anyway since there's not much point before it as nobody will have tickets to sell, and there will still be tickets on sale.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Sham » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:08 pm

BUYING OR SELLING TICKETS? USE THE STEP. People are encouraged to use the Secure Ticket Exchange Program (STEP), which allows Burners to sell back their tickets so other Burners can buy them. It's risk free, secure, and supports the community. More information about this system will be forthcoming soon.
My understanding is that once you get a notification that you are awarded tickets, you will have the ability to return the ticket(s) to the org for redistribution. You will not have the actual tickets in hand when they are returned, as the actual tickets will be mailed in June. At this time, this is all I know.
Sham

Postby lemur » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Shambala wrote: At this time, this is all I know.

I can teach you a think or two!!!

how about some nice banjo licks ?
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby catboosh » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:59 pm

:D

i shall be patient until march 28th then!
My username seems to have gotten popular. Please be weary of someone impersonating me, I have been honest with all my posts, which has made me a target. any information regarding impersonators would also be appreciated. much love take care <3
catboosh

Postby oneeyeddick » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:07 pm

Burning Man actively discourages the use of secondary resources (eBay, Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for the resale of tickets, and we encourage those who do not obtain tickets from the Main Sale/Open Sale to utilize community-centric sources to keep a handle on this process together. Please use STEP and/or direct local connections to known Burners to find the tickets you seek. We will post information on how to access STEP next week.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Raymaker » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:20 am

oneeyeddick wrote:Burning Man actively discourages the use of secondary resources (eBay, Craigslist, StubHub, etc.) for the resale of tickets, and we encourage those who do not obtain tickets from the Main Sale/Open Sale to utilize community-centric sources to keep a handle on this process together. Please use STEP and/or direct local connections to known Burners to find the tickets you seek. We will post information on how to access STEP next week.

Re the 2012 Olympic Games "Police have warned it is a criminal offence to resell London 2012 tickets on the open market without the permission of Locog." Why don't BM Org make it illegal to resell on the open market too?
Raymaker

Postby oneeyeddick » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:52 am

Because that is a local or state law thing, and it is NOT illegal to scalp anywhere in Nevada or California(at least not these tickets).
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Elorrum » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:39 am

Edited to wait for next week.
Vada a bordo, cazzo!
"I'm not a madame. I'm a concierge."
Elorrum

Postby bigdane » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:07 pm

wouldn't it be grand if everyone pledged to buy tickets ONLY from the community instead of after market inflated priced forums EVEN if it meant missing this year?
don't play with matches unless you intend to burn
bigdane

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro

Postby catboosh » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:28 pm

its a shame that people need to be so greedy.

well im looking forward to the STEP program.

sooner the better i get my tickets that i can start planning on other festivities for the burn
catboosh

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion