There's simply more to worry about.

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

There's simply more to worry about.

Postby piehole » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:45 pm

The biggest panic attack I had was earlier today, and that was squashed with a few PMs with me and an eplaya mod.

I am not worried about whether I get selected in this drawing.

If there's one thing I have learned from life it is that things tend to play out in a way simply because they are supposed to. No need to put more unnecessary stress on a situation that is beyond your control. It is undoubtedly better to just let this experiment play out, and make your journey happen for yourself. If you truly want to be there, you will get there. Just chill.
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
piehole

Burning Since: 2012

Re: There's simply more to worry about.

Postby kayalovelife » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Haha WORD! And as soon as I'd posted mine, I found a similar one. I say it's a good thing, let's outweigh the negative drama with our realism and positivity!
kayalovelife

Postby TT120 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:23 pm

Yeah, I'm not worried. I'll make it happen one way or another. If I want something bad enough I always find a way.

My wife is a perfect example. She was the hottest chick in the office and WAY outta my league and I didn't stand a chance of going out with her some 25 odd years ago. I made it happen anyway and 25 years later, she's still out of my league but she's mine. :D :D
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD
TT120

Camp Name: Orphans Too

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Sweetest love story I've heard all day.

Except for Foxfur's.

She's staying with you because she loves you and you treat her right not because you keep in a cage in the cellar, right?
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby TT120 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:38 pm

No, she keeps my balls down there in that cage. I'm not allowed to use them without her permission. She sure as hell ain't going to let me take them to BM!

W6BJD
TT120

Postby piehole » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:55 pm

TT120 wrote:No, she keeps my balls down there in that cage. I'm not allowed to use them without her permission. She sure as hell ain't going to let me take them to BM!

Do you at least have access to them?

Successful marriage, IMO
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
piehole

Postby TT120 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:28 am

Yeah I still have access and it is a very good marriage. She's perfect for me. She's in charge, we both know it. :D

W6BJD
TT120

Postby piehole » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:24 am

You live in Rancho Cordova!!!

Dude I used to live there! I was born up in Sactown and lived there before we moved to San Diego in 98.
Right by the river.
piehole

Postby ygmir » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:48 am

there's a lot of us in the Sac region.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby tamarakay » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:12 pm

ygmir wrote:there's a lot of us in the Sac region.

backing away from the yiggie-esqe joke lol
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby thisisthatwhichis » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:16 pm

*spews coffee on the screen*... Haha, good one Tamara!!!!
TITWI

To be on the wire is life. The rest is waiting.
It's show time, folks.....Joe Gideon
thisisthatwhichis

Postby ygmir » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:17 pm

tamarakay wrote:

Are you saing tha taint true?

yer lernin (or sliding into the gutter) fast, TK..........
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Eric » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:27 pm

ygmir wrote:
tamarakay wrote:

Are you saing tha taint true?

yer lernin (or sliding into the gutter) fast, TK..........

I'd make a joke if I hadn't been in that region just last night.

didn't even have to leave SF either...
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby piehole » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:46 pm

This is why we can't have nice things
piehole

Postby pink » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:08 pm

Damn, now I'll never be able to write 'Sac' again without snickering. And since I live in Sacramento that's hard to avoid doing.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby TT120 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:39 pm

Rancho Cordova is the left nut, Rio Linda is the right nut and Sac is, well, the sac......

W6BJD
TT120

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:00 pm

Many years ago there was an eplaya regular named "testesinsac". Or maybe "testes_in_sac". It was a long time ago, and I remember the final sense of it, but not the specifics of the construction.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby gibson_ » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:08 pm

I'm with the OP on this.

If I don't get drawn in the lottery, that doesn't mean I'm not going...at all...it just means that I didn't get a ticket from *this* specific vector.

And honestly, that's kindof okay with me.

Last year was my first (I'm still dusty behind the ears), and to me it was a *LOT* of figuring stuff out. WTF is a monkey hut? Water? For a week? Food? What do I WEAR!?! etc. etc. Part of [most of] the magic for my camp was figuring out solutions to the problems as they came, then seeing our solutions work.

"Radical self reliance" and all of that.

If I don't get a ticket from the lottery. Fine. But I'd say that if my campmates and I [2 other virgins, flying in from across the country to drive up to BRC from Phoenix] figured out a way to build a shade structure out of PVC, cook enough [amazing] food for three people for a week, way more than enough water, all of the random chapstick and sunblock and vinegar and paracord and lights and batteries for the lights and dry ice and regular ice and a way of cooking the food and and and and and everything else that we needed and still have enough to share all of it with our neighbors (and of course realizing that what we were doing/packing/planning was a child's toy compared to what lots and lots of other people were doing?

I think we'll be able to handle not getting drawn out of a hat and having to spend an extra hour sitting in the A/C fucking off at work searching STEP for another ticket.

I think the lottery was a horrifically stupid idea. It's not the end of the world, and it certainly won't prevent me from burning this year.
gibson_

Postby pink » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:19 pm

That's the attitude! And there's always the open sale too, to take a day off work and hover over the computer.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby Jackass » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:36 pm

gibson_ wrote:I'm with the OP on this.

If I don't get drawn in the lottery, that doesn't mean I'm not going...at all...it just means that I didn't get a ticket from *this* specific vector.

And honestly, that's kindof okay with me.

Last year was my first (I'm still dusty behind the ears), and to me it was a *LOT* of figuring stuff out. WTF is a monkey hut? Water? For a week? Food? What do I WEAR!?! etc. etc. Part of [most of] the magic for my camp was figuring out solutions to the problems as they came, then seeing our solutions work.

"Radical self reliance" and all of that.

If I don't get a ticket from the lottery. Fine. But I'd say that if my campmates and I [2 other virgins, flying in from across the country to drive up to BRC from Phoenix] figured out a way to build a shade structure out of PVC, cook enough [amazing] food for three people for a week, way more than enough water, all of the random chapstick and sunblock and vinegar and paracord and lights and batteries for the lights and dry ice and regular ice and a way of cooking the food and and and and and everything else that we needed and still have enough to share all of it with our neighbors (and of course realizing that what we were doing/packing/planning was a child's toy compared to what lots and lots of other people were doing?

I think we'll be able to handle not getting drawn out of a hat and having to spend an extra hour sitting in the A/C fucking off at work searching STEP for another ticket.

I think the lottery was a horrifically stupid idea. It's not the end of the world, and it certainly won't prevent me from burning this year.

POST OF THE YEAR IMO. RSR(radical self reliance)practice it!!
Don't worry, it'll get weird...
Jackass

Postby piehole » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:07 pm

I like how this thread drifted so far, far away from its original topic, and then miraculously came right back.

*long dreamy sigh* I love you guys
piehole

Postby phoenix808 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:31 am

gibson_ wrote:

my thoughts exactly... last year was my first and i know a lottery wont keep me from it!
phoenix808

Postby A Jester » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:17 am

Hooray for positive thinking.
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester

Postby AntiM » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:09 am

And no one has brought up orphan burns yet... there's a whole world which will happen.
These are not my fuckos.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby Marscrumbs » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Applied for first tier tickets only. I've always wanted to go to Europe. This may be the year.
Marscrumbs

Postby junglesmacks » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:20 pm

You know, as I was driving up through the Ko'olau mountains this morning on my way to surf while I'm here back home in Hawaii.. I tripped on this for a while.

News flash: Your life does not revolve around going to Burning Man (speaking for myself only)

I mean really.. it doesn't. If it doesn't work out that I end up going this year, than so be it! Sure I'll be bummed.. but dammit I'll get over it and it only opens up the doors for other things. I actually have stepped back from eplaya and the whole thing just a little bit not because I don't completely hold a huge spot in my heart and soul for this event and the people that surround it, but that I felt like it was becoming a borderline unhealthy obsession. I mean geezus.. you have people on here with over 20 THOUSAND posts and that live, eat and breath semantics on a fricken internet message board. People living their entire lives revolving around their playa name and existence. To each their own.. but really. There IS LIFE outside of Burning Man.. and I'm actually in a way glad that this whole ticket scarcity thing has given me a wake up call and reality check that hey.. maybe you won't go this year.

..and I'm fine with that. There's just simply more to worry about.

Disclaimer: Again.. to each their own. I speak only for myself. I love all of you fuckos and couldn't care less how you choose to run your world. I'm just observing my own. :D

Sunset Beach.. Hawaii. My little path to happiness.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby 48_love » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:56 pm

i'm in the lotto. if i get denied, i take a shot at the 10K keyboard click race ... left ticketless still, we'll see how the other thing works.

what we need is a congressman, a pork barrel project and a huge freakin' hole in the head. A HOLE IN THE HEAD. i'm all over the place.
48_love

Burning Since: 2013

Postby Drawingablank » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:36 am

My original plan was to enter the lottery for more than I needed to ensure getting tickets. Apparently the same plan many others had.
I knew this kind of attitude would cause issues with the system though. I agonized over this from the time the lottery system was announced right up until registration opened.

But on the day of registration, I decided that I did not want to contribute to the problem and only ordered the 2 tickets I needed.

In the long run I felt that possibly missing the burn would be better than stepping on my fellow burners to get tickets. It's a shame that everyone didn't have the same epiphany.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby HandJamMasterC » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:44 am

But on the day of registration, I decided that I did not want to contribute to the problem and only ordered the 2 tickets I needed.

In the long run I felt that possibly missing the burn would be better than stepping on my fellow burners to get tickets. It's a shame that everyone didn't have the same epiphany.

I did the same thing. If I don't get tickets in the lottery, I will have to register our theme camp without having tickets though - that's a first.
CAMP D.O.A.

Fun As A Scorched Earth Policy...........

https://sites.google.com/site/campdoa/
HandJamMasterC

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Camp D.O.A.

Postby Nipple » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:16 am

I'm coming around to the people who over ordered not being a huge problem, as long as they take part in STEP.

Too Much Craigslist Makes The Baby Go Blind.
Nipple

Next

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion