Wow.

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Wow.

Postby kayalovelife » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:07 pm

Alright...I would think that an online forum composed of a community of people who are supposed to be 100% about peace, community, love, and respect... (or is that unity?) would...well...be a little more chill! I've checked ePlaya, Chase, GMail, and Facebook an EMBARRASSING number of times in the last 4 days. I'm planning every moment in my head or on my computer, e-mailing...facebooking...calling every goddamn RV company in the US, this is to say: FREAKING OUT just as much as anyone here.

...but....

THE RESULTS HAVEN'T COME OUT YET.

None of them. Not yours, not theirs. The fact is, for every burner that got an extra ticket or two, I would imagine a HUGE percentage are planning on selling the extras to other burners. This doesn't lower our chances of getting tickets, it lowers the chances of scalpers getting them!

So here's a friendly reminder from a friendly stranger:

It's going to be okay. If you are here, complaining, or appreciating, or just reading, you obviously care. And if you care this much, YOU'RE GOING TO BE AT BURNING MAN THIS YEAR. It's expensive, we know this. We adapt. We will have the time of our lives. And many of us are going to feel rather silly for all of this madness. I believe all of those things to be facts. You should too. And if you've lost all faith, go hug a freaking puppy or find a rainbow or take some 5 HTP. It's going to be amazing :) I for one, can't wait.
kayalovelife

Re: Wow.

Postby tattoogoddess » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:36 pm

Very well said!
maladroit- Burning Man is like a second job, except you pay to work there.
Burning Man is just the pre party for exodus! - fellow burner during exodus
tattoogoddess

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: House Of Stark

Postby piehole » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:46 pm

Oy, I wish I had seen this thread before I posted the thread I had just posted.
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
piehole

Burning Since: 2012

Postby flower_2011 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:19 am

Yessss very well said indeed. Patience is truly a virtue :)
flower_2011

Postby Token » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:26 am

kayalovelife wrote:Alright...I would think that an online forum composed of a community of people who are supposed to be 100% about peace, community, love, and respect... (or is that unity?) would...well...be a little more chill!

Whatever in this world gave you that idea? This ain't no Rainbow Hippie clusterfuck fest!

Stop trying to mellow my harsh you silly deluded hippie!

Its Burning Man, where we get to build it, burn it, blow shit up, and kick some assclown's mule!

Don't you project your myopic dogma on my people, you peace loving unwashed.
Token

Burning Since: 2001

Postby ygmir » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:40 am

Token wrote:
kayalovelife wrote:Alright...I would think that an online forum composed of a community of people who are supposed to be 100% about peace, community, love, and respect... (or is that unity?) would...well...be a little more chill!

Whatever in this world gave you that idea? This ain't no Rainbow Hippie clusterfuck fest!

Its Burning Man, where we get to build it, burn it, blow shit up, and kick some assclown's mule!

::swoon::
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby FIGJAM » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:52 am

"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

"If I can't find an answer, I'll create one!!!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby lucky420 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:14 pm

***ditto swoon***
Oh my god, it's HUGE!
lucky420

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity

Postby moonrise » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:19 pm

Haha, don't mind the "closet hippies" kayalovelife. I think they're just scared they might quit their jobs and fall back into hippiedom. :lol:

And now Imma go look up 5 HTP. Oh and I have a Rotweiler puppy! Her name is Isis, she's badass. ((hugs)) :wink:
I'm the MAN in a truck, burner who is stuck, you're in luck! I'll whip out my BIG tow chain and not charge you, not even one lousy buck!
moonrise

Postby A Jester » Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:26 am

Token wrote:

Oh great, this jerkwad just infected my brain with that idea. Now I have a new item on my bucket list, one that will likely end up with me in the hospital. Thanks, assclown!*

*You don't happen to have a mule, do you?
ZaphodBurner wrote:
The difference between buying a ticket from a scalper and prostituting yourself for one is, if you suck dick for a ticket and brag about it, burners will still respect you.
A Jester

Postby theCryptofishist » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:28 pm

Da Mule rarely checks in, but he did leave us a lovely bar thread over in Open Discussion.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion