Official "Awarded Tickets" Thread

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Official "Awarded Tickets" Thread

Postby SquirrelHead » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:08 am

Saguache wrote:
SquirrelHead wrote:CONGRATULATIONS to all those that did manage to get tickets!

Yep, bully for you! And if you have extras please be kind and sell them for only the amount you paid for them.

Oh I didn't win any tickets. I am still working to get one. I was just congratulating those that did.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
dirty little reclaimed BURGIN. Ruining Burning Man since 2012.
SquirrelHead

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby Clutch » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:12 am

Not gloating?

If you are on here being a happy little cherub, you are delusional and you should be concerned about this. It's your festival too and if ANYONE in your supposed community does not get a ticket, it's a slight on the whole thing.

I for one don't feel like I'm going 'home' anymore and I might as well go to Cochella if I want to feel excluded.
-If I say I'm going to do it, I'll do it.
Clutch

Postby Litup » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 am

Mr. Possibility wrote:Welcome to the family! I'll gladly be your playa creepy uncle.

Yay! Although I'm sure you won't be the only creepy uncle I'll have out there... :lol:
Litup

Burning Since: 2012

Postby FIGJAM » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:20 am

Come away from that nasty man.........I have candy! 8)
"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

Postby Undecided » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:27 am

Excited to have been awarded tickets. It's a shame that some of my friends did not get them "YET." Interested to see how it all pans out and excited to return to the playa. Yipee.
Chris (Undecided) | 2011 Dusty B'Owl | 2012 Sparklepony Express | Soundcloud
Undecided

Burning Since: 2011

Postby CapnJoe » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:42 am

91 tickets awarded to Stub Hub already. Maybe they are the bastards that got our tickets! Scrubbed???? :(
CapnJoe

Postby CapnJoe » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:45 am

[quote="AntiDoinItWrong"]You have two options. Accept your fate ( or Ka for all you Steven King fans ) and stop your bitchen. I have been utterly amazed ( and this is coming from a sociology/psychology/philosophy major with six years of semi Ivy league years under my belt ) at the colossal amount of cow poop that has been coming out of peoples mouths. You cross a road in any city and your chances of getting run over by some bleach blond driving a hot pink hummer while texting on her iPhone is about 20%. Same goes for getting into BM. It has a limited human capacity ( thanks to some egomaniac suit in some government office who likely has a small penis and likes to over compensate ) so that the present LEO's and Yellow Shirts can keep up with the crowd. If you walk up to your favorite bar and see that it's full ( the number of occupants actually being a safety precaution in case of a fire ) and the bouncer says "Sorry pal/lady, I can't let you in,..it's unsafe to over fill the place" ..are you one of those pathetic schmucks that cries like a two year old and gives the bouncer a hard time? ( And, having been a bouncer more than once in my life, I can not tell you how often that is. By the way, I really wanted to knock a few teeth out...just FYI ). So, for the love of all that is Sacred and Damned simultaneously....STOP YOUR FRACKING COMPLAINING AND JUST MAN/WOMEN THE FUCKIN HELL UP! If you are truly deserving, the Gods and Goddesses that give any kind of a shit about this infinitesimal planet in the boon docks of existence will reward those who are worthy. The rest of you need to take a chill pill, and please.....just accept the hand you have been dealt.[/quote]

What a line!!!!
CapnJoe

Postby BBadger » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:59 am

Hey will any people who won tickets please fill out the poll in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=290&t=53777

It'd be good to have some "accurate" information (as accurate as things can be).
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Galaxo Magic » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:12 pm

I won a ticket. I should be happy but I am not. SO many of my friends and even camp mates did not score. This has been a very sad few days. The stress level is unbelievable for an event that is still over 6 months away. The 2012 Great Ticket Debacle is unfolding in front of our eyes. Some one should write a book about it. Will this signal an end to Burning Man or just a new beginning. Who knows....

Please do not buy tickets from scalpers!
Elephant trainer to the MV Beau Le'Phant, the pink elephant!
Camp Upsie Dasium
Galaxo Magic

Postby tinydancr » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:15 pm

Undecided wrote:Excited to have been awarded tickets. It's a shame that some of my friends did not get them "YET." Interested to see how it all pans out and excited to return to the playa. Yipee.

Chris! Its Brandy. This ain't stoppin us! We'll see you there :D
shut up and dance.
tinydancr

Postby Undecided » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Atta Girl. I sure hope so. What am I supposed to do without my snowboarding partner and my real life BFF?
Chris (Undecided) | 2011 Dusty B'Owl | 2012 Sparklepony Express | Soundcloud
Undecided

Burning Since: 2011

Postby mufasa » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:40 pm

I got one, never been always wanted to! I beleive it was meant to be.
mufasa

Postby RenoMonster » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:30 pm

Winning has made me sad. :cry:
I am a disobedient individualist. Habitual line crosser...it was on fire when I got here.
RenoMonster

Postby Cassidy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:34 pm

CapnJoe wrote:
AntiDoinItWrong wrote:You have two options. Accept your fate ( or Ka for all you Steven King fans ) and stop your bitchen. I have been utterly amazed ( and this is coming from a sociology/psychology/philosophy major with six years of semi Ivy league years under my belt ) at the colossal amount of cow poop that has been coming out of peoples mouths. You cross a road in any city and your chances of getting run over by some bleach blond driving a hot pink hummer while texting on her iPhone is about 20%. Same goes for getting into BM. It has a limited human capacity ( thanks to some egomaniac suit in some government office who likely has a small penis and likes to over compensate ) so that the present LEO's and Yellow Shirts can keep up with the crowd. ))...edited...(( So, for the love of all that is Sacred and Damned simultaneously....STOP YOUR FRACKING COMPLAINING AND JUST MAN/WOMEN THE FUCKIN HELL UP! If you are truly deserving, the Gods and Goddesses that give any kind of a shit about this infinitesimal planet in the boon docks of existence will reward those who are worthy. The rest of you need to take a chill pill, and please.....just accept the hand you have been dealt.

What a line!!!!

:shock: I can't believe you just said that the reason people didnt get tickets via a LOTTERY (that it seems most participants were against to begin with) was because they don't deserve them & are not worthy. Was that "semi-ivy league" possibly Poison Ivy? So much for keeping this thread positive, sheesh. :|

By the way, just shutting up and accepting the hand we've been dealt isn't what makes things better; if we see something done unfairly/wrong (depending on your perspective), speaking out about it is the only thing that will make it known that we are unhappy about it. I refuse to sit down and shut up about this, and obviously, so do many others. We will make our displeasure known and offer solutions and alternative possibilities. Personally, if we don't get tix by March, well be out of the running altogether, financially, and probably won't be back if this type of lottery system continues. Sad indeed.
Cassidy

Postby Savannah » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Hmm . . . AntiDoinItWrong's post should have been its own thread, because it's not in the spirit of this one, and neither (understandably) are the replies. I don't blame you for being affronted, Cassidy. Or CapnJoe.

I think people may be afraid to post here, so if it gets too weird in here we'll take a break, and let this thread air out when STEP opens.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby HookahGod » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:43 pm

RenoMonster wrote:Winning has made me sad. :cry:

Me too. I feel the right thing to do is to sell my tickets and spend the next 8 months finding an alternative site for a burning man style event. Maybe that's just the emotion talking, but I see the event as being dominated by tourists this year.
Last year, if you weren't sure if you wanted to go, you'd wait and procrastinate, and screw yourself out of a ticket. But, by having a start time for sales, you automatically have a system that favors people who really care. Even if all the tickets were sold the day they went on sale, it would mean that those willing to take a day off of work, or drop whatever else it is that they are doing to buy a ticket are favored - it's a system that rewards effort. A lottery rewards luck.
A read of the boards shows that many veterans of theme camps are without tickets. Unfortunately, these are also the same people that would most likely live by the mantra of not selling above face value. Since the vets don't have the tickets, it logically means neophytes do, and they are much more likely to either sell to the highest bidder or use the tickets themselves. Either way (assuming the vet stays by "don't pay over face") Burning Man community members who want to go to Black Rock City will be replaced by Virgins and those that commodify Burning Man.
I don't mean this to bring further souls into my despair for company, but to tell you, and those that were ruled unfit to attend not to fret, It is you, not the BMorg that makes Burning Man. In New York, they Occupied wall st. and in Oakland they Occupied city hall. Are you telling me the Burning Man community can't

OCCUPY THE DESERT
2012 - Bedouin Tea Lounge 4:00 and H
2011 - Janky as Fuck
2010 - Virgin
HookahGod

Postby Drucifer303 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:00 pm

This will be my girl friend and mine`s first year. I should be thrilled we won, but I am a little worried that the majority of my veteran friends who have been begging me to come for a decade did not get tickets.

Hope STEP works out. Wish I had an extra ticket to gift, but we did not think to try and game the system .
Pretend I said something truly hilarious here.
Drucifer303

Burning Since: 2013

Postby bm_cricket » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:48 pm

HookahGod wrote:Last year, if you weren't sure if you wanted to go, you'd wait and procrastinate, and screw yourself out of a ticket. But, by having a start time for sales, you automatically have a system that favors people who really care. Even if all the tickets were sold the day they went on sale, it would mean that those willing to take a day off of work, or drop whatever else it is that they are doing to buy a ticket are favored - it's a system that rewards effort. A lottery rewards luck.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
)'(
bm_cricket

Burning Since: 2008

Postby Day Dreamer » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:52 am

Well,

I am here to put out a request for a ticket if anyone is kind enough to let one go for face value. I hail from L.A. and show love for all. For those who won, congratulations! I hope to see you on the playa in your freakiest gear.

Burner forever (lottery or not)
Day Dreamer

Postby kore » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:10 am

I Won 2 tickets!!! I am sooooo happy.

Purchasing Information:
Event Pass - Aug 27, 2012 - Sep 3, 2012
Burning Man 2012
@ Burning Man 2012 - , Black Rock City, NV Get directions
kore

Postby brnr96 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:13 am

I bid low...after last year's ticketing debacle, and reading all the "you snooze, you lose" commentary on these boards, I was prepared to give up on Burning Man, for good, if I didn't get a cheap ticket this year.

Apparently, my order is being filled, at $390...wtf?!

Every time I think I'm out, they keep pulling me back in...
brnr96

Postby Hayseed » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:58 am

How many more like me out there? My first post - I'm a returning Burner. I entered in the pre-sale for 2 tickets (wife & I). My wife did the same. Ended up with 4 tickets and need only 2. I offered my extras to two other camp members who entered the main lottery and were unsuccessful. They accepted my offer. They are however still going to 'diligently' enter the open sale and then the priority STEP in an effort to secure extra tickets for other ticketless camp members.

I'm not really smart enough to know what all this means. Possibly things look worse than they are. The number of ticket seekers will be more than actually need tickets as unsuccessful lottery burners provided extra tickets by camp members stay in the system in an effort to get tickets to help out other camp members. Like leaning over to look into 2 face to face mirrors, even though it's just you it looks like way more. Maybe all these "missing" tickets will suddenly find their way into the community around STEP time although not necessarily through STEP.

My head is starting to hurt trying to articulate this. Maybe someone else can take the facts I've stated in paragraph 1 and use them to help figure this mess out. My point is: I (and obviously many others like me) could be the missing tickets. I am not a scalper. I will not sell for more than face value. I will provide my extras to other established burners. No one will know this until after STEP, when two unsuccessful main sale, after sale and STEP applicants suddenly disappear from the statistics as they already have tickets.
Hayseed

Postby Mamachicken32 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:10 am

My BF and I were awared tix in the pre sale... No one in our immediate group won tickets and 15% of our camp about got theirs..

So it went from pre-sale happy and hopeful to wow wtf i kinda feel shitty about having tickets and that sucks.

I am hopeful and embrace change but there is a difference between change and fairness.
MamaChicken Haggard Oboe
Mamachicken32

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Ken's nutz

Postby MinnieMau5 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:14 am

Hayseed wrote:How many more like me out there? My first post - I'm a returning Burner. I entered in the pre-sale for 2 tickets (wife & I). My wife did the same. Ended up with 4 tickets and need only 2. I offered my extras to two other camp members who entered the main lottery and were unsuccessful. They accepted my offer. They are however still going to 'diligently' enter the open sale and then the priority STEP in an effort to secure extra tickets for other ticketless camp members.

I'm not really smart enough to know what all this means. Possibly things look worse than they are. The number of ticket seekers will be more than actually need tickets as unsuccessful lottery burners provided extra tickets by camp members stay in the system in an effort to get tickets to help out other camp members. Like leaning over to look into 2 face to face mirrors, even though it's just you it looks like way more. Maybe all these "missing" tickets will suddenly find their way into the community around STEP time although not necessarily through STEP.

My head is starting to hurt trying to articulate this. Maybe someone else can take the facts I've stated in paragraph 1 and use them to help figure this mess out. My point is: I (and obviously many others like me) could be the missing tickets. I am not a scalper. I will not sell for more than face value. I will provide my extras to other established burners. No one will know this until after STEP, when two unsuccessful main sale, after sale and STEP applicants suddenly disappear from the statistics as they already have tickets.

Well said. I think a little positivity is necessary here, folks! Personally, my hunny and I only registered for the 2 tickets we needed, but one of my camp mates did register for one extra, even though the second ticket wasn't necessarily needed. It did, however, find it's way into the possession of one of our unlucky camp mates. This, maybe, is how things are working out. I know, I know, I've been to Stub Hub, too and am disappointed in how many tickets were on there. BUT, did anyone check last year?? Ebay, stubhub, craigslist, all of these had A LOT of tickets being sold by scalpers. It's no different! Maybe all of these missing tickets are being held by burners who "over-registered".... We are creating chaos here, and need a new perspective.

I love all of you and can't wait to see you in my playa dreams!! :)

Stay dusty! :lol:
MinnieMau5

Location: Salt Lake City, UT -- BUT I'm A RENO-ITE, I SWEAR! :)
Burning Since: 2010

Postby bm_cricket » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:27 pm

MinnieMau5 wrote:I know, I know, I've been to Stub Hub, too and am disappointed in how many tickets were on there. BUT, did anyone check last year?? Ebay, stubhub, craigslist, all of these had A LOT of tickets being sold by scalpers. It's no different!

There are more scalped than I've ever seen before, they are going for twice as much money, and they are listed months before they usually show up online in any great numbers.... Sure, burners buying extra tickets for themselves probably play into the problem but I bet a huge chunk of them are going straight to scalpers. I wonder how many people will even be able to find tickets this year. God I hope those scalpers get stuck with a lot of tickets. That would be wonderful but then that means a ton of our Burner friends who won't make it out this year. :(
)'(
bm_cricket

Burning Since: 2008

Postby JulzQ1 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:07 pm

Don't know if this was already posted, but the ticketing fiasco was written about in the SF Bay Guardian yesterday with Marian Goodell responding to the community. (full article) http://www.sfbg.com/pixel_vision/2012/0 ... ain-future
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE (5 PM): LLC board member Marian Goodell just returned my call and said the organization leaders huddled up today to work on solutions to problems raised by the ticket shortfalls. "We're genuinely really putting our heads together today. We're listening, we really are," she said. "It's very real for us, I get it."

She recognizes that it's a big problem for established theme camps and art collectives having tickets for only about a third of their members, a figure that she also confirmed. "It's clear that the theme camps and art projects are a significant part of the community, and this situation is causing problems for them," she said. "That's the part that will hurt us if we don't take another look at this."
JulzQ1

Postby Savannah » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:18 pm

Good post!
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby theCryptofishist » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:16 pm

HookahGod wrote:A lottery rewards luck.

I may be alone in this, but luck is so damn caco... Not to mention it embodies the principle of "immediacy".
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Isotopia » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:38 pm

I'm scraping up the $ to make patches this year.

Anyone interested in ordering a few for your friends and/or camp mates?

Isotopia

Postby FIGJAM » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:35 pm

"Don't buy ur Burn...........Build ur Burn!"

Fuck Im Good Just Ask Me
FIGJAM

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion