Official "Awarded Tickets" Thread

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Official "Awarded Tickets" Thread

Postby Brianna_Beauty413 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:32 pm

AntiDoinItWrong wrote:You have two options. Accept your fate ( or Ka for all you Steven King fans ) and stop your bitchen. I have been utterly amazed ( and this is coming from a sociology/psychology/philosophy major with six years of semi Ivy league years under my belt ) at the colossal amount of cow poop that has been coming out of peoples mouths. You cross a road in any city and your chances of getting run over by some bleach blond driving a hot pink hummer while texting on her iPhone is about 20%. Same goes for getting into BM. It has a limited human capacity ( thanks to some egomaniac suit in some government office who likely has a small penis and likes to over compensate ) so that the present LEO's and Yellow Shirts can keep up with the crowd. If you walk up to your favorite bar and see that it's full ( the number of occupants actually being a safety precaution in case of a fire ) and the bouncer says "Sorry pal/lady, I can't let you in,..it's unsafe to over fill the place" ..are you one of those pathetic schmucks that cries like a two year old and gives the bouncer a hard time? ( And, having been a bouncer more than once in my life, I can not tell you how often that is. By the way, I really wanted to knock a few teeth out...just FYI ). So, for the love of all that is Sacred and Damned simultaneously....STOP YOUR FRACKING COMPLAINING AND JUST MAN/WOMEN THE FUCKIN HELL UP! If you are truly deserving, the Gods and Goddesses that give any kind of a shit about this infinitesimal planet in the boon docks of existence will reward those who are worthy. The rest of you need to take a chill pill, and please.....just accept the hand you have been dealt.

YES!!

At first I was feeling kind of guilty about having a ticket when so many others were really sad because they didn't get theirs...But the more and more I've read the more I'm kinda getting mad about how childish people are acting over this situation
"One good thing about music: When it hits you - you feel no pain" - Bob Marley
Brianna_Beauty413

Postby MisaBlue » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Brianna_Beauty413 wrote:
AntiDoinItWrong wrote:You have two options. Accept your fate ( or Ka for all you Steven King fans ) and stop your bitchen. I have been utterly amazed ( and this is coming from a sociology/psychology/philosophy major with six years of semi Ivy league years under my belt ) at the colossal amount of cow poop that has been coming out of peoples mouths. You cross a road in any city and your chances of getting run over by some bleach blond driving a hot pink hummer while texting on her iPhone is about 20%. Same goes for getting into BM. It has a limited human capacity ( thanks to some egomaniac suit in some government office who likely has a small penis and likes to over compensate ) so that the present LEO's and Yellow Shirts can keep up with the crowd. If you walk up to your favorite bar and see that it's full ( the number of occupants actually being a safety precaution in case of a fire ) and the bouncer says "Sorry pal/lady, I can't let you in,..it's unsafe to over fill the place" ..are you one of those pathetic schmucks that cries like a two year old and gives the bouncer a hard time? ( And, having been a bouncer more than once in my life, I can not tell you how often that is. By the way, I really wanted to knock a few teeth out...just FYI ). So, for the love of all that is Sacred and Damned simultaneously....STOP YOUR FRACKING COMPLAINING AND JUST MAN/WOMEN THE FUCKIN HELL UP! If you are truly deserving, the Gods and Goddesses that give any kind of a shit about this infinitesimal planet in the boon docks of existence will reward those who are worthy. The rest of you need to take a chill pill, and please.....just accept the hand you have been dealt.

YES!!

At first I was feeling kind of guilty about having a ticket when so many others were really sad because they didn't get theirs...But the more and more I've read the more I'm kinda getting mad about how childish people are acting over this situation

Ha, I am happy I will meet you in BDC :)

Postby Lollipop » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:56 pm

I got my rejection letter. And I will see you all on the playa :)
"You ARE The Good Witch Lollipop!"

http://istoppedtryingtopleaseyou.blogspot.com
Lollipop

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Light and Illusion

Postby Killbuck » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:09 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://sideshow2014.weebly.com Bringing Sideshow back to the playa, and part of the Embrace Crew, 2014.
Killbuck

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Sideshow

Postby Donna Matrix » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Brianna_Beauty413 wrote:

YES!!

aren't you fucking special.
Donna Matrix

Postby RedHeaven » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:38 pm

Its not that I feel guilty that I have a ticket (thanks to a friend, not the lotto which I lost), its that I feel like the infrastructure of the city is out of whack. I hope things get smoothed out in the next couple months. Only time will tell. I am going to play this one by ear. But if things seem really disjointed come July and August, who knows. I just feel frustrated for people who have to really have their shit together and plan camps/vehicles/art/etc. I am just a gentle third tier Burner myself. :oops: Everyone I talk to thats planning a camp, including my camp, LESS than HALF got tix. Thats a lot of hoping!! Crossing my fingers and Grateful for Whatever when it comes down to it.

Its just a camping trip in the desert....bahahahahaaah pffffffffffffft gogggggfffffffffftttttthhhhhhhhpppppp
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche 4:30 and Dandelion Wine

Postby ZeeMox » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:50 pm

RedHeaven wrote:Its not that I feel guilty that I have a ticket (thanks to a friend, not the lotto which I lost), its that I feel like the infrastructure of the city is out of whack. I hope things get smoothed out in the next couple months. Only time will tell. I am going to play this one by ear. But if things seem really disjointed come July and August, who knows. I just feel frustrated for people who have to really have their shit together and plan camps/vehicles/art/etc. I am just a gentle third tier Burner myself. :oops: Everyone I talk to thats planning a camp, including my camp, LESS than HALF got tix. Thats a lot of hoping!! Crossing my fingers and Grateful for Whatever when it comes down to it.

Its just a camping trip in the desert....bahahahahaaah pffffffffffffft gogggggfffffffffftttttthhhhhhhhpppppp

My thoughts exactly.
ZeeMox

Postby zer0mass » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:04 pm

I didn't get a ticket (yet) but the other board is getting scary, I can I stay here until I find away to get my ticket?
zer0mass

Postby Lollipop » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:10 pm

*whispers* I didn't like it over there either. Come sit by me. :)
"You ARE The Good Witch Lollipop!"

http://istoppedtryingtopleaseyou.blogspot.com
Lollipop

Camp Name: Light and Illusion

Postby BBadger » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:24 pm

What this lottery is really showing is that many people don't want a fair distribution of tickets to people. The 30% or so of theme camp members getting their tickets is right within the average of the fair drawing given the number of registrants. Yeah, there was gaming or whatever, but everybody did it so I doubt that really biased things away from theme camps.

In the end, however, I believe those tickets will "coagulate" into the various theme camps or otherwise as individuals get rid of their surplus tickets. People are despairing as if the tickets suddenly disappeared if they didn't fall into their hands or the hands of people they know. They didn't disappear, and in fact there will be more tickets than last year by about 4000.

If you have a big camp you have a lot of members that can work together to obtain the needed tickets. To simply believe you're SOL because of this initial lottery is ridiculous. I'd go so far as to say any theme camp giving up at this stage was really poorly planned to begin with.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby RedHeaven » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:50 pm

Very true, Badger! Way to even out the vibe :D The tickets ARE attainable, implosion might feel like it is dawning, but the flux is still fluxin'.....Lots of positivity needs to be harvested. I love this experiment enough to stick with it for now and try to add to the building.

We can rebuild him....stronger....faster...blinkier....glowierr.....BURNIERRRR and LOTTERIER than EVER BEFORE...... :twisted:
RedHeaven

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Cirque Du Cliche 4:30 and Dandelion Wine

Postby Saguache » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:55 pm

BBadger wrote:In the end, however, I believe those tickets will "coagulate" into the various theme camps or otherwise as individuals get rid of their surplus tickets. People are despairing as if the tickets suddenly disappeared if they didn't fall into their hands or the hands of people they know. They didn't disappear, and in fact there will be more tickets than last year by about 4000.

How about a little empathy folks? People aren't sad because they imagine that those hoarded or scalped tickets disappeared, its because they have to jump through more hoops to maybe get theirs. Have the last 48 hours been pleasant for you? That time wasn't too fun for me either, but now I get to do it again; maybe twice, maybe more just so I can possibly get a ticket. Most of the people in my camp are in a similar spot and at some point many of them, some long time burners with much to contribute, are going to start asking if its really worth the effort or if maybe a van trip to Alaska might be the path of least resistance.

Seriously, I hope everyone who got a ticket enjoys their burn.
-- Inspire or empower your neighbor, the rest is a waste of precious time
Saguache

Postby MedullaB » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:59 pm

BBadger wrote:What this lottery is really showing is that many people don't want a fair distribution of tickets to people. The 30% or so of theme camp members getting their tickets is right within the average of the fair drawing given the number of registrants. Yeah, there was gaming or whatever, but everybody did it so I doubt that really biased things away from theme camps.

In the end, however, I believe those tickets will "coagulate" into the various theme camps or otherwise as individuals get rid of their surplus tickets. People are despairing as if the tickets suddenly disappeared if they didn't fall into their hands or the hands of people they know. They didn't disappear, and in fact there will be more tickets than last year by about 4000.

If you have a big camp you have a lot of members that can work together to obtain the needed tickets. To simply believe you're SOL because of this initial lottery is ridiculous. I'd go so far as to say any theme camp giving up at this stage was really poorly planned to begin with.

Wow, the playa sure needs attitudes like yours (referring to this post and others you've made today)! :roll:

I'm not all that good with math but let's say -HYPOTHETICALLY- that everyone ordered two tickets to the one they needed. For the sake of this argument, let's also assume only 30% of people got tickets. We know 40,000 tickets were distributed.

(X) x 30% = 40,000

= 120,000 people trying to buy 240,000 tickets - Again, for the sake of this hypothetical argument.

That leaves 200,000 tickets in the STEP lineup, and 80,000 people trying for 10,000 tickets in March.

Does there not seem to be something off here?

2005 - 35,000 people
2006 - 39,000 people
2007 - 47,000 people
2008 - 49,000 people
2009 - 43,000 people
2010 - 51,000 people
2011 - 54,000 people (How many denied in the last two months before the event?)

Even with mainstream growth something just does not add up here.

I think what most long time burners are sore about is that they played by the rules and got burned.

Anyway, not going to flame ... just saddened by what I see out here. Luckily, I've never seen the crap I see here manifest itself on the playa. Hope it stays that way.
M

Anything worth planning is worth over planning...
MedullaB

Postby zer0mass » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:04 pm

I'm with you curvyburner, we hope filled few need to stick together.
zer0mass

Postby Fufa » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:15 pm

Mr. Fufa and I got our 2 tix at $240, the only tier we registered for. I'm relieved rather than happy though. I was getting ready to start filling out the low income ticket application, because after the JRS announcement on the 27th, I didn't think we'd get any.

I hope everyone else eventually finds all the tickets they will need.
Fufa

Burning Since: 2010

Postby ygmir » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:35 pm

Hi Fufa!! good to hear you'll be back!!!
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
ygmir

Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Postby Fufa » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:47 pm

Can't wait to see you again Yggie!
Fufa

Burning Since: 2010

Postby Laughing Forest » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:51 pm

Om Shanti, Om.

Praise be to the One Playa Goddess.

4x 1st tier x 2 (my housemate)

Cannot believe our Universal Grace Given Luck.

The playa provides to those who seek and deserve.
Laughing Forest

Postby Bounce530 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:56 pm

I can't believe your luck LF, then again it's not luck when it come to you is it?
But even better news if you haven't heard, on another thread nipple is offering hand jobs, and piehole is offering bj's for tix..so there's how you could use the extras that you were blessed with...
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby Nipple » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:58 pm

If you're going to tak about me get it right.

The handjobs are just for the love of giving handjobs. Foxfur is doing it for tickets.
Nipple

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Bounce530 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:01 pm

oye! now I'm really confused...Thought Foxfur was hiding in your hat?
Crap..I'm so cross eyed, and confused after so many hours of starring at this message board, I think I need a drank.
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby Savannah » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:19 pm

Thanks for keeping it funny and positive in here, guys. For the most part. :twisted: (Not always easy.)

Should you feel yourself slippin', The Official Not Awarded Tix Thread is Open here for venting:
viewtopic.php?f=290&t=53692

Burning Man 2012 Tickets FAQ. <-- Questions? Post Here
viewtopic.php?f=290&t=52556

Need a 3rd, or an 18th, or a 103rd option? Conspiracy theories? Suggestions? Peruse All 2012 Ticket Threads.
viewforum.php?f=290
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby solemnraven » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:40 pm

Well, got the bad news email. BOO. :cry:

But still, CONGRATS to those who got lucky! :mrgreen:

I'll be pushing through the 2nd sale and resale boards for my tix.
best wishes and love all.
-Raven
"Are you Squidding Kidding me?" -SG
solemnraven

Postby Vorpal Blade » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:06 am

Just a thought that maybe people are overlooking . . .

but there is a lot of beauty in all of this chaos. So, long-time theme camps that have become very exclusive or reclusive maybe get ripped apart this year? maybe that's not so bad. So, people who planned on going with the same old contingent might now have to go it alone and meet some new people in the process? maybe that is not so bad either. Maybe the truly visionary who want to bring something to life but won't be able to count on the same old go-to work crews will have to seek out other hands and work harder to collaborate with them? also maybe not so bad. And, ultimately, some folks - even heavily dust worn burners of yore - might pack up their toys and go somewhere else? like to a smaller orphan burn? or a regional burn instead? or to start something new themselves? definitely not so bad. Maybe I am just seeing the bright side because i have a ticket . . . but, truth be told, i'm a little jealous of those who know have other options to ponder and contemplate. (albeit, probably not jealous enough to give mine up.) I have a feeling BRC this year will be a tangled mass of struggling confusion, whereas some of the orphan burns will no doubt be bigger and cooler than ever - while still being much more intimate and true to the original spirit of the burn. The way i see it, the only way you can screw this up is by choosing to sit at home crying over your bad luck. get out there and meet some new people and make some shit happen, y'all! (and yeah, i need to take my own advice on that too. and i know it's not easy.). I think though, that if folks approach it with that attitude, many many more people will get a rewarding experience of their own choosing and making out of this chaos.

The whole thing is a mcguffin anyway. it's meant to force you to explore your own comfort boundaries and test your limits and push you to see who you are and what you can or will do in adverse conditions. $3 lattes at center camp, however, are not exactly pushing people to stretch and grow (though they are tasty). pick somewhere totally different. build something there. do it with strangers. don't depend on their being port potties or ice or hot chocolate provided. bring your own lights. play your own music. have your own experience. it will probably mean more to you that mindless dub stepping in front of someone else's wall of sound equipment and fancy light show anyway.
Vorpal Blade

Postby Litup » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:41 am

I have to say that thanks to many a post and pm, I have come to realize that the Burning Man spirit will still be there when I first find my true home. I AM FUCKING EXCITED!!! There, I said it. Resent me, I don't care. I'm glad I won my ticket, because I know that I do belong at Burning Man. I'm glad I got away from this screen today and regained perspective. While I am sorry that so many didn't get tickets, I know that I am not responsible for the process. I hope that somehow, everyone who needs a ticket will find their way to one. In my heart, I am hugging those of you who have remained positive and kind, with or without tickets. You are the spirit of BM, you are the ones I am coming to join! My soon to be Playa family! :D
Litup

Postby EricM » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:04 am

Hello :) my name is Eric and I love burning man. I did not get the one ticket I put in for at second tier price. (the highest tier I can afford) but I am very hopeful. If anyone has 1 extra ticket second tier price or lower PM me. I can not only promise that it won't be scalped but I'll also spend time with you on the playa! :D if you want hehe. Just looking for one for me so I can dance till sunrise with all you wonderful people.

To those that have their tickets awesome!! To those that don't keep trying! Hope isn't over. :)
If by chance I get private messaged an offer of a ticket I'll edit my post to reflect that change.

Eric

Me: Hi I can't wait to see you again this year.
Burning Man: About that, you know we've really been going our own directions lately. Becoming our own people.
Me: Um but I love you burning man.
Burning Man: It's not you it's me.
Me: Can't we work this out? We've been through so much together.
Burning Man: Sorry, I've already started seeing other people.
Me: =(
Last edited by EricM on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
EricM

Postby Mr. Possibility » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:30 am

curvyburner wrote:I got my rejection letter. And I will see you all on the playa :)

That's what I'm talking about!!!!!
Mr. Possibility

Postby pdmd71 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:32 am

That's official ! No tickets for my wife and me ...
Fingers crossed for the open sell ! Everybody can't be lucky :wink:
pdmd71

Postby Mr. Possibility » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:40 am

Litup wrote:I have to say that thanks to many a post and pm, I have come to realize that the Burning Man spirit will still be there when I first find my true home. I AM FUCKING EXCITED!!! There, I said it. Resent me, I don't care. I'm glad I won my ticket, because I know that I do belong at Burning Man. I'm glad I got away from this screen today and regained perspective. While I am sorry that so many didn't get tickets, I know that I am not responsible for the process. I hope that somehow, everyone who needs a ticket will find their way to one. In my heart, I am hugging those of you who have remained positive and kind, with or without tickets. You are the spirit of BM, you are the ones I am coming to join! My soon to be Playa family! :D

Welcome to the family! I'll gladly be your playa creepy uncle.
Mr. Possibility

Postby Meyoukey » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:43 am

Congrats, everybody! I wasn't drawn but hope to see you there!
Meyoukey

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion