Official "Awarded Tickets" Thread

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Official "Awarded Tickets" Thread

Postby Saguache » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:53 pm

SquirrelHead wrote:CONGRATULATIONS to all those that did manage to get tickets!

Yep, bully for you! And if you have extras please be kind and sell them for only the amount you paid for them.
-- Inspire or empower your neighbor, the rest is a waste of precious time
Saguache

Postby Ninzy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:59 pm

Awww shucks - some serious Burners missed out thanx to this piece of poo lottery - I hope you all get tickets!

Burn on 2012! Cannot wait!!
Ur just jealous cos the Voices are talking to ME!
Ninzy

Postby Dr. Pyro » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:03 pm

Ninzy wrote:Awww shucks - some serious Burners missed out thanx to this piece of poo lottery - I hope you all get tickets!

Burn on 2012! Cannot wait!!

Ninzy, it sounds like you'll be back, right? Does this mean BollyVille is a GO?
Dr. Pyro

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Postby socalhulagirl » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:05 pm

does anyone know how STEP will work? or do we wait to find out it's yet another lottery? congrats to those who got tickets. i remain positive.
socalhulagirl

Postby socalhulagirl » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:06 pm

oh yea, and what Saguche said...be kind if you resell. peace and oodles of aloha.
socalhulagirl

Postby Ninzy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Damn skippy i'm comin home Doc - BollyVille is very much a go for me but have to see whether my partners in crime in Reno and the Bay area got ticks too!
Ur just jealous cos the Voices are talking to ME!
Ninzy

Postby Fiver » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:24 pm

I won 4 tickets in the December presale.. Expensive? Yup. Did I need 4? Nope. I needed 1. Well, main sale has come and gone, and lo-and behold, 1 other person in my camp got tickets. Everyone is moaning, but 3 close friends of mine are set as I promised them my spare tickets just in case.
The moral of the story is, ask your burner friends about tickets. It seems like EVERYONE requested more then they needed, and that means many people have spares. STEP is a good start, but 3 friends of mine that have tickets now thanks to me aren't freaking out. Yes, they are still looking for cheaper options via STEP, but they know worse comes to worse they have tickets.
Fiver

Burning Since: 2011

Postby Lollipop » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:29 pm

Savannah wrote:Congratulations to those awarded tickets! Condolences to those who weren't.

If you need a place to vent, The Official Not Awarded Tix Thread is Open here:
viewtopic.php?f=290&t=53692

Or The unOfficial **freak0ut thread, where it's OK to PaNiC
viewtopic.php?f=290&t=53682

Burning Man 2012 Tickets FAQ <-- Questions? Post Here
viewtopic.php?f=290&t=52556

Plus approximately 100 other threads in the 2012 Ticket Forum in which commiseration, speculation, venting, advice or philosophy are the order of the day. If necessary, I'll split long digressions into the appropriate threads (such as "What's Wrong with Scalpers?", which needed its own thread).

All 2012 Ticket Threads
viewforum.php?f=290

Thanks for keeping this thread largely positive, exciting, and social. I hope to keep it open for users of STEP and the Open Sale, as well as people who buy from their friends . . . to reserve a nonjudgmental place to admit to good fortune.

Edited to add links.
"You ARE The Good Witch Lollipop!"

http://istoppedtryingtopleaseyou.blogspot.com
Lollipop

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Light and Illusion

Postby AntiDoinItWrong » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:00 pm

You have two options. Accept your fate ( or Ka for all you Steven King fans ) and stop your bitchen. I have been utterly amazed ( and this is coming from a sociology/psychology/philosophy major with six years of semi Ivy league years under my belt ) at the colossal amount of cow poop that has been coming out of peoples mouths. You cross a road in any city and your chances of getting run over by some bleach blond driving a hot pink hummer while texting on her iPhone is about 20%. Same goes for getting into BM. It has a limited human capacity ( thanks to some egomaniac suit in some government office who likely has a small penis and likes to over compensate ) so that the present LEO's and Yellow Shirts can keep up with the crowd. If you walk up to your favorite bar and see that it's full ( the number of occupants actually being a safety precaution in case of a fire ) and the bouncer says "Sorry pal/lady, I can't let you in,..it's unsafe to over fill the place" ..are you one of those pathetic schmucks that cries like a two year old and gives the bouncer a hard time? ( And, having been a bouncer more than once in my life, I can not tell you how often that is. By the way, I really wanted to knock a few teeth out...just FYI ). So, for the love of all that is Sacred and Damned simultaneously....STOP YOUR FRACKING COMPLAINING AND JUST MAN/WOMEN THE FUCKIN HELL UP! If you are truly deserving, the Gods and Goddesses that give any kind of a shit about this infinitesimal planet in the boon docks of existence will reward those who are worthy. The rest of you need to take a chill pill, and please.....just accept the hand you have been dealt.
AntiDoinItWrong

Postby Lollipop » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:04 pm

AntiDoinItWrong wrote:You have two options. Accept your fate ( or Ka for all you Steven King fans ) and stop your bitchen. I have been utterly amazed ( and this is coming from a sociology/psychology/philosophy major with six years of semi Ivy league years under my belt ) at the colossal amount of cow poop that has been coming out of peoples mouths. You cross a road in any city and your chances of getting run over by some bleach blond driving a hot pink hummer while texting on her iPhone is about 20%. Same goes for getting into BM. It has a limited human capacity ( thanks to some egomaniac suit in some government office who likely has a small penis and likes to over compensate ) so that the present LEO's and Yellow Shirts can keep up with the crowd. If you walk up to your favorite bar and see that it's full ( the number of occupants actually being a safety precaution in case of a fire ) and the bouncer says "Sorry pal/lady, I can't let you in,..it's unsafe to over fill the place" ..are you one of those pathetic schmucks that cries like a two year old and gives the bouncer a hard time? ( And, having been a bouncer more than once in my life, I can not tell you how often that is. By the way, I really wanted to knock a few teeth out...just FYI ). So, for the love of all that is Sacred and Damned simultaneously....STOP YOUR FRACKING COMPLAINING AND JUST MAN/WOMEN THE FUCKIN HELL UP! If you are truly deserving, the Gods and Goddesses that give any kind of a shit about this infinitesimal planet in the boon docks of existence will reward those who are worthy. The rest of you need to take a chill pill, and please.....just accept the hand you have been dealt.

Thank you :)

Lollipop

Postby Nipple » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:10 pm

AntiDoinItWrong wrote:Ka

...like a mother fuckin' wheel.
Nipple

Burning Since: 2017

Postby late » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:10 pm

It's official, we've gotten tickets so we're going yay!!!

(NOT to lord it over the unlucky, just being happy here!)

I don't know HOW they can best do it, I mean, there's a limit so SOMEOne's going to be excluded. First-come-first serve punishes the poor (or poor planner!), lottery's at least random... How to eliminate scalping (also punishes the poor)? Non transferrable tickets? The logistics of this are a pain.

Hopefully to you serious burners that end up not going, hopefully someone new will find the passion and add to it for the future!
late

Postby Lollipop » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:12 pm

late wrote:It's official, we've gotten tickets so we're going yay!!!

(NOT to lord it over the unlucky, just being happy here!)

I don't know HOW they can best do it, I mean, there's a limit so SOMEOne's going to be excluded. First-come-first serve punishes the poor (or poor planner!), lottery's at least random... How to eliminate scalping (also punishes the poor)? Non transferrable tickets? The logistics of this are a pain.

Hopefully to you serious burners that end up not going, hopefully someone new will find the passion and add to it for the future!

Congratulations!

Lollipop

Postby somnia1120 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:49 pm

I was so happy when I got my ticket confirmation yesterday. However, today it feels bittersweet after I polled my campmates to find that we have 5 tickets between the 15 of us. We're still holding out for later sales, but in the past we've all been ticketed by now, so we're feeling pretty nervous.
somnia1120

Postby spectrem12 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:19 pm

I wonder what the total number of tickets requested were...

45k? 100k?
spectrem12

Postby MinnieMau5 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:27 pm

[size=200][color=#8000FF][/color][/size]I have 2 tickets to paradise!! I'm going home :) YAY!! I love my life!

Good Luck, Burners!!!! You will all be in my playa dreams :mrgreen:
MinnieMau5

Location: Salt Lake City, UT -- BUT I'm A RENO-ITE, I SWEAR! :)
Burning Since: 2010

Postby bm_cricket » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:40 pm

I have a question for everyone who was awarded a ticket. How much did you pay per ticket? I hope I don't sound paranoid or anything... Just wondering..
)'(
bm_cricket

Burning Since: 2008

Postby piehole » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:43 pm

junglesmacks wrote:No.. no authorization, no email, no nothing.

..although I did just get an offer for an extra pre-sale ticket so there's one. Honestly, I'm not worried. There will be tickets.. and now I just need one more. Cake.

i was rooting for ya man. glad you got a hold of one, i hope that second one comes as easily as the first one :)
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
piehole

Postby melodiousdirge » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:54 pm

spectrem12 wrote:I wonder what the total number of tickets requested were...

45k? 100k?

Going by the post on the burning blog: "As a result, there are a lot more tickets being requested than there are tickets available " and the fact that there are many stories of theme camps with 5/15 or even 5/50 people in some cases having gotten tickets, I'm guessing it's closer to 100+k.
'Snark' is just another way of saying you're an asshole.
melodiousdirge

Postby Nipple » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Yeek!

Be careful with numbers!

Why would a festival that's never gone over 55k suddenly mushroom to over 100k?

Crazytalk!
Nipple

Postby dawnanddrew » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:59 pm

sadly we did not get our 2 tickets in the lotto , we will try to find other ways of returning to the playa and hope by thinking positive it will work out somehow. Even though it stings a little bit I am happy for those who got tickets and will put out in the universe the true and pure desire to go home once again.

we could barely afford the $240 tickets so we hope that people will be kind hearted and sell an extras for what they paid for it. only two people in our whole camp got any tickets so I am sure many people are changing their plans around right now, will try STEP and put our faith in the laws of attraction!!!

xoxo
dawnanddrew

Postby fishinthedesert311 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:04 pm

Got my ticket at top tier pricing... everyone that has extra tickets be sure to use STEP and not a third party! Keep the spirit of Burning Man alive in our community, and don't use this as an opportunity to get a profit!

“What you have lost will not be returned to you. It will always be lost. You’re left with only your scars to mark the void. All you can choose to do is go on or not. But if you go on, it’s knowing you carry your scars with you.”
fishinthedesert311

Postby melodiousdirge » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Nipple wrote:Yeek!

Be careful with numbers!

Why would a festival that's never gone over 55k suddenly mushroom to over 100k?

Crazytalk!

I didn't say 100k people, I said 100k tickets requested due to people hoarding. All just conjecture of course.
'Snark' is just another way of saying you're an asshole.
melodiousdirge

Postby Nipple » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:20 pm

Oh ok! I'm with you. Sorry.
Nipple

Postby BBadger » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:52 pm

'grats to everyone who got their tickets. For everyone else, it's just two more months before you can buy the remaining tickets you need.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Lollipop » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:53 pm

BBadger wrote:'grats to everyone who got their tickets. For everyone else, it's just two more months before you can buy the remaining tickets you need.

Thanks. I like your attitude. :)

Lollipop

Postby peacefulhuman » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:29 pm

Nipple wrote:
AntiDoinItWrong wrote:Ka

...like a mother fuckin' wheel.

Ahhhh - fellow travelers along the Beam. Awesome. :D
peacefulhuman

Postby JaRail » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:38 pm

AntiDoinItWrong wrote:this is coming from a sociology/psychology/philosophy major with six years of semi Ivy league years under my belt [...] You cross a road in any city and your chances of getting run over by some bleach blond driving a hot pink hummer while texting on her iPhone is about 20%.

And they never taught you the difference between blond and blonde? :)
JaRail

Postby lilsherbear » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:48 pm

I am so very excited to say we received email we did get our tickets... I can not wait to be there to celebrate the love, the life, the burn! May we all rejoice and continure to send love and light to those still waiting to hear.
lilsherbear

Postby Killbuck » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:09 pm

"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

Oh, well, now THIS is a disaster as far as I'm concerned!!! This attachment quota is an e-vil plot to stop me from posting satire!!!

e-vil I say!!!!
SIDESHOW: Carnival of Smoke and Mirrors 2015 is looking for drop-in performers!! Do you have a freaky talent, skill or characteristic? Do you lay on a bed of nails, or swallow swords? PM me if interested.
Killbuck

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Sideshow

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion