If You're Happy And In The Lottery--Clap Your Hands!

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: If You're Happy And In The Lottery--Clap Your Hands!

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:05 pm

Or if you like Italian chicks with guns, you can go with this version...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby BeyondIndigo » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:17 pm

Ok, this is a really badly thought-out idea, but...I'm in the lottery.

*Reserved British clappet*
Beware the creeping Britishness
BeyondIndigo

Postby monsta2ownzu » Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:28 pm

CLAP CLAP!
When all else fails ... plan for burning man.
monsta2ownzu

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: The Neighbourhood

Postby mullingitover » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:40 am

*not clapping*

Entered the stupid lottery at the 240 tier only. If I don't get tickets, I'm not going and I don't even care at this point.

I think it's particularly cruel (and says a lot about the jerks who came up with the lottery) that those who enter at the 390 tier are in the running for all tiers. If you can only afford to spend 240, you're in the running against all people who are willing and able to pay more. So someone who makes seven figures, would happily pay 800 for a ticket, and drives a tour bus to the playa can get your 240 ticket, and you don't get to go. Nice going, dicks.
mullingitover

Postby trilobyte » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Speaking of stupid, so is the assumption that somebody who enters at tier 3 is making 7 figures. Many of them are pretty hard up, but they've scrimped and they've saved for weeks or even months and are willing to pay a higher price for the ticket if they have to. It's just like things were last year, and the year before and many years before that. People often made enough room on their cards/accounts to be able to pay more for the ticket and spent outside their means if necessary because the burn meant a lot to them, and it was worth eating top ramen a few nights a week or skipping a few lunches a week for a few months.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby jella » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:05 pm

trilobyte wrote:Speaking of stupid, so is the assumption that somebody who enters at tier 3 is making 7 figures. Many of them are pretty hard up, but they've scrimped and they've saved for weeks or even months and are willing to pay a higher price for the ticket if they have to. It's just like things were last year, and the year before and many years before that. People often made enough room on their cards/accounts to be able to pay more for the ticket and spent outside their means if necessary because the burn meant a lot to them, and it was worth eating top ramen a few nights a week or skipping a few lunches a week for a few months.

Count me amoung the scrimping for a second level of chance. It's a drug I tell ya, I'm hooked on you guys :)
Burning Man isn't about the stuff you see when you get there ....it's about the people that brought that stuff there
jella

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: ASSORTED :)

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:46 pm

And, of course, people able to pay higher tiers where there at noon on ticket day grabbing their chance at first tier in a grueling cluster-fuck, aided by faster computers and internets and able to take a day off work to dedicate it to getting as low a tier as possible, while the poor schmucks and just above minimum wage jobs, without access to a computer at work and not wanting to rock the boat so they would be sure the get the week before labor day off got to stay up half the night to get third tier.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:47 pm

It's tough that life is not fair. That's the way it is though. :?

Um? Can we get back to clapping?
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby Savannah » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:02 pm

CLAP, CLAP!

Because I never officially did.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby motskyroonmatick » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:22 pm

Wohoo! :P
Stag Camp 8, 2014. Black Rock City Welding and Repair.

When you pass the 4th "bridge out!" sign; the flaming death is all yours.-Knowmad-
motskyroonmatick

Camp Name: StagCamp+B.R.C. Welding&Repair.

Postby 7chix&me » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:29 pm

Oh Yeah! Clap! Clap!
I'm so excited! I was stressing out about being short of funds, when I came up with the brainstorm to clean out my jewelry box of all those tangled, broken gold chains and earrings that have been accumulating there for eons. Took it all and sold it to a gold dealer in the blasted Mall--$800 later and I'm set to win tickets at whatever level I get them!
WooHoo!
S
7chix&me

Postby Savannah » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:32 pm

Wow, I love what you did to get your ticket funds! Clever. Welcome to the board.

Your nickname cracks me up. :lol:
Savannah

Postby pink » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:36 pm

7chix&me wrote:Oh Yeah! Clap! Clap!
I'm so excited! I was stressing out about being short of funds, when I came up with the brainstorm to clean out my jewelry box of all those tangled, broken gold chains and earrings that have been accumulating there for eons. Took it all and sold it to a gold dealer in the blasted Mall--$800 later and I'm set to win tickets at whatever level I get them!
WooHoo!
S

Reminds me of the garage full of cans & bottles I cash in for gas money most years.....
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby Ed Phunk » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:06 am

Okay so i wasn't nervous about this before until now. Figures. Crossing my fingers for that magic email. 2012 will be my first year.. but been in the community for 2+ years now. :: claps nervously ::
Ed Phunk

Postby sambojones » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:00 am

trilobyte wrote:Speaking of stupid, so is the assumption that somebody who enters at tier 3 is making 7 figures. Many of them are pretty hard up, but they've scrimped and they've saved for weeks or even months and are willing to pay a higher price for the ticket if they have to. It's just like things were last year, and the year before and many years before that. People often made enough room on their cards/accounts to be able to pay more for the ticket and spent outside their means if necessary because the burn meant a lot to them, and it was worth eating top ramen a few nights a week or skipping a few lunches a week for a few months.
+1 to trilo

mullingitover wrote:*not clapping*

Entered the stupid lottery at the 240 tier only. If I don't get tickets, I'm not going and I don't even care at this point.

I think it's particularly cruel (and says a lot about the jerks who came up with the lottery) that those who enter at the 390 tier are in the running for all tiers. If you can only afford to spend 240, you're in the running against all people who are willing and able to pay more. So someone who makes seven figures, would happily pay 800 for a ticket, and drives a tour bus to the playa can get your 240 ticket, and you don't get to go. Nice going, dicks.
life isn't fair sometimes you just gotta suck it up and be positive I'm not into all the hippy bullshit of positive energy into the universe but its probably better than being really negative

I haven't bought my books for this semester at school yet so that I could enter at the highest tier if I get a lower price ticket I get my books faster. 8)
does this water taste like raspberries or am I still fucked up...oh wait it's raspberry flavored water
sambojones

Postby remi » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:54 am

I would like to say "Good Luck" to everyone that clapped (no good luck to the wiener that didn't clap!) I know the feeling you have right now (I was in the early bird,) so just remember to keep chipper, and hopefully I get to see each and every one of you on the playa!
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby Brianna_Beauty413 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:50 am

mullingitover wrote:*not clapping*

I'm skipping my car payment this month to afford tickets, not to mention probably living off of ramen noodles for a couple weeks so my daughter can still eat good even though we're not going to have any money. Buck up! If you're complaining about not being able to afford tickets now - how do you expect to save up money for food/water/shelter and everything else you're going to need for the playa then? If you want to go you'll find a way...and not complain about getting the chance to have the BM experience.

on that note...

CLAP! CLAP!
"One good thing about music: When it hits you - you feel no pain" - Bob Marley
Brianna_Beauty413

Postby pamplemusique » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Clap clap! In for 2! Now to find some way to distract myself for the next week... :D
pamplemusique

Postby CornMan » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:31 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:And, of course, people able to pay higher tiers where there at noon on ticket day grabbing their chance at first tier in a grueling cluster-fuck, aided by faster computers and internets and able to take a day off work to dedicate it to getting as low a tier as possible, while the poor schmucks and just above minimum wage jobs, without access to a computer at work and not wanting to rock the boat so they would be sure the get the week before labor day off got to stay up half the night to get third tier.

I did see that happening quite a bit. People with computer jobs were trying to buy tickets while on the job.
The camp with a difference
Never mind the weather
When you camp with Plug & Ply
Your holiday's forever
CornMan

Postby pink » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:41 pm

Zeke Chaparral wrote:
theCryptofishist wrote:And, of course, people able to pay higher tiers where there at noon on ticket day grabbing their chance at first tier in a grueling cluster-fuck, aided by faster computers and internets and able to take a day off work to dedicate it to getting as low a tier as possible, while the poor schmucks and just above minimum wage jobs, without access to a computer at work and not wanting to rock the boat so they would be sure the get the week before labor day off got to stay up half the night to get third tier.

I did see that happening quite a bit. People with computer jobs were trying to buy tickets while on the job.

That's what I was doing, using my work computer for personal, which was strictly forbidden by my employer. I ended up staying until about 8pm when my ticket finally went through, after being bounced out and before that getting into the page but having no counter.

Hell, no matter what, someone will have an advantage over someone else. Live where only dial-up is available? Have a blackout on the sale date coupled with an ice storm so you can't leave the house to find a starbucks with electricity and wi-fi so you can get a ticket? At least now all I have to do is monitor my email and account for the next few days, and renew my fraud lift if a charge doesn't go through before Wednesday.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby Jwen » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:55 pm

Whomp whomp whomp buzzy uzzzz buzzzzz whomp whomp whomp.
Jwen

Postby Astrochuppa » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:54 pm

Gah! Planning to fly from Australia for our first ever burn!!! Every few hours checking my balance to see if anything has gone through!!
Can`t book flights or anything until we know if we got tickets! :P
Suspense is killing me!!
Astrochuppa

Postby starbaby777 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:40 am

Flying from Australia if I win too...

In it but not happy until I win it :|

CLAP CLAP in advance!

The suspense! For once I WANT money to be gone from my bank account!

I'm a Virgin burner to be so hoping 2012 is my time :wink:
starbaby777

Postby tamarakay » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:29 am

well, Clap Clap, i got my tickets in the presale so crossing fingers for all you guys.

I know that they aren't lower tier tickets then, but don't forget there is still another round of "free sale" tickets, 10,000 of them in March. So not getting a ticket now is not the end of it all.

Personally, I think tiers should be done away with. If there were some verifications of need or whatever, but it was weird talking with people with their huge RV's bragging about getting tier one tickets.
When the only tool you got is a hammer, every problem looks like a hippie.

Mmmmmm I love the smell of Burning Man Token

http://www.dyewithdignity.com
tamarakay

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dye with Dignity at BDC

Postby Sugahoneyicetea » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:43 pm

haha clap clap
Sugahoneyicetea

Postby miss jenn » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:15 pm

WOOOHOOOO!!! 2 Tix @ Tier 2. My lover and I will see you all at home in the dust. :mrgreen: GRAAAAAATIIIIIIIIIIIITUUUUUUUDE!!
miss jenn

Postby Savannah » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:22 pm

YAY Miss Jenn!
*** 2013 Survival Guide ***

"I must've lost it when I was twerking at the trash fence." -- BBadger

"Snark away, ePlaya, you magnificent bastards." -- McStrangle
Savannah

Previous

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion