Tier Terrorists

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Tier Terrorists

Postby funkyjigsaw » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:14 pm

A note for all you potential hoarders : If you can afford the $420 tickets, just apply for only what you need in the Pre-Sale. If you get your tickets - job done = less stress, no hoarding! A note for next year obviously. Please everyone think it through carefully, and not go off on a rant! Hoarding will be "human nature" in a draw system. I suspect most people who want to will double their chances by applying for twice what they need. Applying for 6 tickets when you need two is ludicrous! I find it a horrific thought that 20,000 people will end up with twice the number of tickets they need.

There may be a way to fix this for next year. And this also fixes the potential problem of credit cards being refused for whatever reason.
- When registering for tickets, you are given an account number and password.
- You stipulate the number of tickets you want.
- Draw the tickets as per the current system.
- if you are selected in the draw, you are sent an email saying that you have a period of time [2 weeks? a month?] to login to your account and pay for your tickets.
- AND importantly, you can select whether you want to buy all the tickets you asked for, or just some of them, one of them or none of them.
- Any unpaid for tickets can be used in the main open sale.

I think this would help with the hoarding issue. One downside is that everyone would of course select the maximum number of tickets possible ... hmmmm .... any suggestions on this? Ways to improve / shoot down this suggestion?? [slaps his balls on the table, shuts his eyes tight, waiting for them to be chopped off ...]
funkyjigsaw

Postby BBadger » Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:34 pm

It appears that "hoarding" is the new "scalping" this year, and this forum will be bombarded with every last person's idea on how to avoid "hoarding", most of which will not be feasible or reasonable. Case-in-point: the above post.

As for that post above, I don't want to wait a week or two to find out whether some schmuck has decided to actually buy the ticket that was reserved for him or her. Can you imagine that process going on and on and on as the next eligible schmuck gets his week to decide? And say that we just drop that ticket back into the pool after the first person is MIA: is that just a wasted cheaper-tier ticket?

No it won't work.

Just buy your damn ticket, and if you miss out, wait until June when there are spare tickets from the glut available.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby funkyjigsaw » Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:25 pm

BBadger wrote:It appears that "hoarding" is the new "scalping" this year, and this forum will be bombarded with every last person's idea on how to avoid "hoarding", most of which will not be feasible or reasonable. Case-in-point: the above post.

As for that post above, I don't want to wait a week or two to find out whether some schmuck has decided to actually buy the ticket that was reserved for him or her. Can you imagine that process going on and on and on as the next eligible schmuck gets his week to decide? And say that we just drop that ticket back into the pool after the first person is MIA: is that just a wasted cheaper-tier ticket?

No it won't work.

Just buy your damn ticket, and if you miss out, wait until June when there are spare tickets from the glut available.

Ha ha ha! You are SO predictable BBadger! I've already got my tickets from the Pre-Sale, so I'm bored now ... winding you up is a fun pastime!
And yes, it would work ... very efficiently actually.
Are you seriously suggesting we all shut the fuck up and be good little boys and girls? That surely would spoil your fun of posting on here?!
As it happens (see my other posts), I happen to agree with you ... just enter the draw - if you don't get a ticket, do the open sale, then the open market. My prediction is that a large majority will get the ticket they want ... maybe not at the price they would like, but hey ...
I am just suggesting a few tweaks to the existing system (which I really like by the way) that may help. Yes, I guess I'm just batting my gums.
My suggestion was just "hanging it out there". I've had experience of tickets for events using my suggested system that worked well for me.
Oh and by the way : with an "account" system, it also gives the account holder the opportunity to change the name and address of a ticket holder - say up to 6 weeks before the event. This would really simplify the after market.
Parting shot : Are you the guy who posted that nobody should ever go into debt on their credit cards? What fucking planet are you on mate? I agree, but that is not the real world!
funkyjigsaw

Previous

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion