is there an e-mail address for someone who organizes this?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

is there an e-mail address for someone who organizes this?

Postby alaskaandpudge » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:19 pm

I have posted a question regarding how old you have to be to be considered a "guardian" or "sponser" for someone under 18, and have gotten a lot of great replys. However I wish to ask someone who actually works at burning man. I live in British Columbia, and its quite a long drive if we are turned away at the gate.
If anyone knows an E-mail address or phone number I could call, just to clarify, that would be great.
alaskaandpudge

Re: is there an e-mail address for someone who organizes thi

Postby Drawingablank » Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:28 pm

As I posted on the original thread - this is addressed right in the FAQ - http://www.burningman.com/whatisburningman/about_burningman/faq_what_is.html

The relevant part is:
Q. How much is a ticket for my child?
A. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over 21 years of age.
Savannah: I don't know what it is, but no thread here escapes alive. You'll get 1 or 2 real answers at minimum, occasionally 10 or 12, and then we flog it until it's unrecognizable and you can't get your deposit back.

Yet Another Crappy Birgin Guide
Drawingablank

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp

Postby AntiM » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:32 pm

In the original thread you began, actiongrrl replied. She is the person you'd want to contact directly. You can use the Private Message option below her name.
Read Me!! Ticket Sellers and Seekers!

Really, read the damn sticky posts.
AntiM

Burning Since: 2001
Camp Name: Anti M's Home for Wayward Art

Postby delle » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:04 pm

Don't forget to get a notarized letter from her parents permitting her to cross the border with you. Be a bit of a shame to do the rest then not even be able to leave BC!

You can get it signed at your mayors office. It's usually free there-- or at least it is around here.

PM me if you'd like help with the letter......... I've had to do it dozens of times for my own kids when they're travelling without me.
Worry is a misuse of imagination
delle

Postby trilobyte » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:25 pm

As Drawingablank had mentioned, you could go to the 'What is Burning Man' page on the site and find that, under the section titled Tickets, the very first question says:

Q. How much is a ticket for my child?
A. Children 12 and under accompanied by a parent will be admitted for free. Children between 13-18 require full-price tickets. Children under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian over 21 years of age. If you plan to bring a child, please read the Kids at Burning Man survival guide.

If you read the page carefully (and I hope you would), you'd notice that at the very bottom of the page that additional questions should be directed to questions(at)burningman(dot)com.

You also received a response in your first thread from user actiongrrl, who (as AntiM mentioned) is a BMOrg staffer. She responded with excellent information.

actiongrrl wrote:I believe it might depend also on laws in your home state about who can be declared guardian. You definitely need a legal note from the parent assigning temporary guardianship. You also want to be sure you're really ready to say, act on the person's behalf in a medical emergency, or other issues of personal liability. Very real issues. First step is frank talk with the parents before you commit to this.

This is information that you, your friend, AND both your parents and your friends parents should read and give careful consideration to. Especially considering that not only will you be traveling across state lines, but you'll be traveling internationally as well.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion