No.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby The Misting Dome » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:32 am

Burning Man Tickets Support Request
Last edited by The Misting Dome on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Misting Dome

Postby The Misting Dome » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:35 am

trilobyte wrote:I'm not sure where that quote comes from, you hadn't mentioned that in any of numerous emails you've sent me. The information I sent you on the 19th is the only thing I can suggest, but do bear in mind that InTicketing may still be chewing through a backlog of support tickets).

The quote came from:

>Burning Man Tickets Support Request ID: m0ah2rz
=============================================

I can't imagine what InTicketing may still be chewing through as I read in a previous post that all email confirmations have been sent out

The supplied support phone number 415-256-8499 has a mailbox that is still (12- 28 @ 8:25am) full and cannot except anymore messages?
The Misting Dome

Postby Eric » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:03 pm

The Misting Dome wrote:The supplied support phone number 415-256-8499 has a mailbox that is still (12- 28 @ 8:25am) full and cannot except anymore messages?

I'm responding to this just in case anyone else is having a problem as well:

It's the week between xmas & New Years- many companies take the week off & InTicketing may be one of them. You are probably not the only person waiting for a response, and every time someone emails it just adds another duplicate request slowing down the responses for emails sent after it (the voicemail box probably has quite a few duplicate requests as well, and someone still has to listen all the way through each & every one and route them to the correct person).

None of this is from inside knowledge, just from years of working customer service and some of those years being with companies that had a "winter break" between xmas & New Years.

Be patient, they are not trying to rip you off and you will get a response. In all cases I would suggest supplying an alternative email (sign up for a gmail account if you don't have one) just in case spam filters from your ISP are blocking their replies.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby The Misting Dome » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:16 pm

Be patient, they are not trying to rip you off and you will get a response. In all cases I would suggest supplying an alternative email (sign up for a gmail account if you don't have one) just in case spam filters from your ISP are blocking their replies.[/quote]

I am not making any accusation of wrongful intent, but displaying clarity of this poor process. This whole issue has been ongoing for 1 month now (inticketing I figure). I have received 1 response indicating this transaction is not in the system and another indicating I have e-mail issues (I have provided 2 e-addresses and my phone number as well, more than once with no call back ) I received an e-mail earlier to set up a phone support. I replied back again with my phone # but still no call back as of 6:15 pm 12-28-11(funny thing when I call them at their provided # the voice mail box is full) Hmm, I'm not filling up their mail box.

PS. I have been receiving all their e-mails, but no confirmations what so ever? And no call backs?

As I mentioned in my first post about this new ticket process "Something missing................ definitely no joy as in the past"
The Misting Dome

Postby Sham » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:45 pm

Try, try, try to contain yourself until the first of the year. This is the week that everyone takes off. The big event is 8 months off and I have no question that you will get a ticket.
I truly know how anxious you must be, but you will get all your concerns addressed "all in due time".

Now breath deep----in----out----in----out----in----out! There, doesn't that feel better? :D
Sham

Postby The Misting Dome » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:22 pm

Shambala wrote:This is the week that everyone takes off. :D

Everyone?........ I don't think so. And please don't be condescending
The Misting Dome

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:33 am

I don't see how giving someone the ol' in-n-out comes across as condescending.

You should say thank you IMO, I know I would.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby Eric » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:07 am

The Misting Dome wrote:I am not making any accusation of wrongful intent, but displaying clarity of this poor process.

I never said you made an accusation, if you read my post I very clearly state
Eric wrote:I'm responding to this just in case anyone else is having a problem as well

(well, okay, I italicized the relevant part & made it bold in the quote)

I'm a mod, I'm trying to let everyone who reads this thread know patience might work best, not just you. I can't respond at all to your post directly because I am not involved in ticketing and neither is any other mod or regular user of the ePlaya as far as I know.

I'm sorry you're having trouble but the ePlaya isn't InTicketing & it isn't Participant Services- if venting here makes you feel better, have at it; just understand that it probably won't have any affect on the response to your issue. Welcome to our great lack of power around here.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Postby Sham » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:20 am

The Misting Dome wrote:

Condescending? You are starting to sound like an indignant Walmart shopper standing at the service desk demanding to see the manager because the polyester jumpsuit that you bought two years ago didn't hold up like you expected.
Sham

Postby VultureChow » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:44 am

The Misting Dome wrote:

Everyone?........ I don't think so.

Yeah, I'm going to agree with you on this one. Half our office is out this week, but everyone left is covering those positions. Response time might be a little longer, but no full voice mail. So we now have 10 people managing 6 million sq ft of commercial space.

It is unprofessional to essentially close down an office for a week and not have any notice. Simply changing the prompt on the phone system would help. In any event BM LLC is presumably paying Inticketing a lot of money. They should want to know if that service is professional and efficient.
Send lawyers, guns and money - The shit has hit the fan.
VultureChow

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Cougar Camp @ Barbie Death Village

Postby jkisha » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:56 am

VultureChow wrote:
The Misting Dome wrote:

Everyone?........ I don't think so.

Yeah, I'm going to agree with you on this one. Half our office is out this week, but everyone left is covering those positions. Response time might be a little longer, but no full voice mail. So we now have 10 people managing 6 million sq ft of commercial space.

It is unprofessional to essentially close down an office for a week and not have any notice. Simply changing the prompt on the phone system would help. In any event BM LLC is presumably paying Inticketing a lot of money. They should want to know if that service is professional and efficient.

Agree.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Nipple » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:00 am

Shambala wrote:
The Misting Dome wrote:

Condescending? You are starting to sound like an indignant Walmart shopper standing at the service desk demanding to see the manager because the polyester jumpsuit that you bought two years ago didn't hold up like you expected.

Hey! I paid for quality.
Nipple

Burning Since: 2017

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:57 am

The Misting Dome wrote:Everyone?........ I don't think so.

VultureChow wrote:Yeah, I'm going to agree with you on this one. Half our office is out this week, but everyone left is covering those positions. Response time might be a little longer, but no full voice mail. So we now have 10 people managing 6 million sq ft of commercial space.

jkisha wrote:Agree.

Just going to say that this might need rethinking. The relentless push for 24 hour services and 365 days a year availability of services has not come without cost. I don't know what Austria does between christmas and new years, but I know it's pretty damn hard to find an open grocery store on Sundays. Heck, I remember when 7/11 really had those hours.
Having those sorts of automatic gaps forced you to take it slow on Sundays (much as I don't believe in "god's rest) and certain other days of the year, and made you reset your internal expectations; spend your time richly, rather than just continuine to hustle. I bet that it meant a whole lot of good for physical and mental health, as well.

More of a philosophical viewpoint, than an answer to the issue, but I find it worth saying.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby VultureChow » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:28 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:

The Misting Dome wrote:Everyone?........ I don't think so.

VultureChow wrote:Yeah, I'm going to agree with you on this one. Half our office is out this week, but everyone left is covering those positions. Response time might be a little longer, but no full voice mail. So we now have 10 people managing 6 million sq ft of commercial space.

jkisha wrote:Agree.

Just going to say that this might need rethinking. The relentless push for 24 hour services and 365 days a year availability of services has not come without cost. I don't know what Austria does between christmas and new years, but I know it's pretty damn hard to find an open grocery store on Sundays. Heck, I remember when 7/11 really had those hours.
Having those sorts of automatic gaps forced you to take it slow on Sundays (much as I don't believe in "god's rest) and certain other days of the year, and made you reset your internal expectations; spend your time richly, rather than just continuine to hustle. I bet that it meant a whole lot of good for physical and mental health, as well.

More of a philosophical viewpoint, than an answer to the issue, but I find it worth saying.

It's an interesting point, and one I've made often in conversations regarding cell phone use. That too many people, both personally and professionally, expect to be able to reach and communicate with you at any time. Work time bleeds with personal time and you are never off. Or alone.

And in some cases you might have a point. Certain sectors, you would expect a communications freeze this week. Try calling an elementary school right now. Or a seasonal B&B.

But Inticketing is not seasonal. And really, this could have been easily handled by changing the phone system to prompt: "Thank you for your call. Due to the holidays and an unusually high number of calls, we will be unable to help you at this time. Please call back starting January 2nd and we'll be happy to help you. If you prefer, you can email us at......" Far less frustrating than "The mailbox is full."
VultureChow

Postby Bounce530 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:28 pm

Why would they bother? If you wanted a pre-sale ticket, you have to use them, you have no choice, other then waiting for the secondary market, or not attending. They don't have to provide customer service, since, at the moment, they are the only game in town and people are foaming at the mouth to buy what they're suppling quickly as possible. Every minute of labor saved, saves $X.XX that goes to the bottom line.
Is it the right? No, but it's business.
TomServo wrote:Pickles are cucumbers soaked in EVIL!
Bounce530

Camp Name: BRC Guardian docking pad

Postby VultureChow » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:54 pm

Bounce530 wrote:Why would they bother? If you wanted a pre-sale ticket, you have to use them, you have no choice, other then waiting for the secondary market, or not attending. They don't have to provide customer service, since, at the moment, they are the only game in town and people are foaming at the mouth to buy what they're suppling quickly as possible. Every minute of labor saved, saves $X.XX that goes to the bottom line.
Is it the right? No, but it's business.

We are not Inticketing customers, the LLC is. If the company is not satisfied with the way Inticketing handles the event, they can chose to go elsewhere next year. There are other ticketing platforms.

If enough of us are unhappy with the way it works and let BM LLC know, they might choose another platform next year. Or insist on changes and upgrades. It's like me contracting with a janitorial service to clean a building. If they do a piss poor job, I hear about it from my tenants and the janitorial company hears from me. Because I want my tenants to be happy. Because they pay me money.
VultureChow

Postby jkisha » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:49 pm

VultureChow wrote:
But Inticketing is not seasonal. And really, this could have been easily handled by changing the phone system to prompt: "Thank you for your call. Due to the holidays and an unusually high number of calls, we will be unable to help you at this time. Please call back starting January 2nd and we'll be happy to help you. If you prefer, you can email us at......" Far less frustrating than "The mailbox is full."

Agree.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby The Misting Dome » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:36 pm

Re: 2012 Ticket Fees
by The Misting Dome » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:33 pm
I've just registered for the pre-sale tickets as well. No confirmation code # or Email confirmation for the registration process Just the following;

" 2012 BURNING MAN TICKET
Registration Submission Received
Thank you, your Registration to enter the Burning Man 2012 ticket Pre-Sale drawing was successful! This does NOT guarantee your entry will be selected to buy tickets."

Something missing................ definitely no joy as in the past

Long post (short version)

For those that don't know, this saga started from the above, my first post. That was (one month ago, not two days or one week or even two weeks, but one month ago. I have been extremely patient. All I have been looking for is some sort of e-mail confirmation. Trilo Byte has attempted (unsuccessfully) to help and finally provided me a support link. I have pages of correspondence I could post (but won’t). I’ve gotten some info indicating I am in the system and some info I am not in the system, but still no positive confirmation results to the process that has charged my credit card (except my cc statement) or ever being in the lotto). The provided support phone number voice mail is still full (It’s been six days now (12-29-11-7:23 PM), hmm…why not just call me at the phone # I provided them several times). After a month of patience, I reserve the right to rightfully bag on this new process as I’ve seen in many other posts (you can consider this my review/feedback of the new process, it gets 0 stars from me). Hello.........It’s been a whole month now. Others have had a great experience (as I have read) and may give it 5 stars or whatever.

As I said before……Still something missing.... definitely no joy as in the past (ten years of purchasing tickets)

Hey, We’re Just chatting here. Please..... don’t know-one (or moderator) take it personal
The Misting Dome

Postby VultureChow » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:07 pm

The Misting Dome wrote:charged my credit card (except my cc statement)

Hey, We’re Just chatting here. Please..... don’t know-one (or moderator) take it personal

If they charged your card, you're probably in the clear, though I understand your frustration and agree that their customer service is unprofessional.

I think the reaction on the part of the mods and the old-timers here might be a result of protectiveness that people have towards the BM organization.

In this case, the criticism is aimed at a third party. A vendor that Burning Man is presumably paying a lot of money to process the tickets. Your issues have not been the only ones. The registration itself was problematic. I have never, ever, seen a registration involving credit card data that didn't ask you to confirm your data. One wonders how many issues (like the number of tickets requested) might have been prevented.

My feeling is that it is a company that is a bit out of its depth.

I don't know if you have contacted BM directly, but you might want to put together a polite letter or email documenting the issues you have had. When it comes time to negotiate another contract or pay Inticketing, the Org might find it helpful to have documented unsatisfied customers.

Edit: Or I'm being really presumptuous. If so, I'd like to state for the record,that I've drunk about 3/4 of a bottle of wine tonight.
VultureChow

Postby trilobyte » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:01 pm

@The Misting Dome - I'm sorry that you think that ePlaya is the place to escalate your case. It is not. As has already been communicated to you, your ticket is in the queue, please have patience and when the ticket vendor's support staff is back from the holiday.

@VultureChow - yes, very presumptious ;)
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby NOT Larry HarV » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:00 am

DENIED

Reno art car crew (12years)
needed 4 tickets for operating crew....
got 1...

HOORAY FOR SPECTATORS

have to hope for leftovers....SCREW PARTICIPANTS ....who needs 'em.......YEEAAAHHHHH !!!
NOT Larry HarV

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:03 am

Something doesn't add up. I don't buy it.
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby Nipple » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:16 am

Yeah, you'd think Larry would be assured a ticket.
Nipple

Postby remi » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:46 am

NOT Larry HarV wrote:DENIED

got 1...

HOORAY FOR SPECTATORS

have to hope for leftovers....SCREW PARTICIPANTS ....who needs 'em.......YEEAAAHHHHH !!!

Um, if you applied for 4 tickets, you would have been awarded either 4 ticket or 0 tickets.. not 1. If you did 4 seperate orders, then either your lying to us, or your crew members lied to you about registering.

I thought all the complainers would have stopped after such a successful pre-sale. This arguement is so 2011.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:58 am

Orders were not partially fulfilled, it would have been they got all 4 or they didn't get any.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby junglesmacks » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:03 am

NOT Larry HarV wrote:DENIED

got 1...

junglesmacks wrote:Something doesn't add up. I don't buy it.

trilobyte wrote:Orders were not partially fulfilled, it would have been they got all 4 or they didn't get any.

Told ya' so.

Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
junglesmacks

Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Postby Nipple » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:20 am

Man, JS.

I thought you liked the 1st Amendment.
Nipple

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:40 am

Okay, I don't like this NOT fella much either, but if each crew member put in for 1 ticket, he could not be lying.
Or everybody else put in for four each except the fellow who won...
und so weiter
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:12 am

Yeah, but statements like "..know of art projects that probably can NOT attend since their crews all tried to get early tickets and most of them did not get enough tickets to staff their project, and now can't enter the main drawing" (from his/her initial post) seem to indicate at the very least a significant backpedaling (from numerous projects that most of them didn't get enough tickets to staff up their project… down to 1 person who did not get a single ticket). If in fact they were separate individual entries, then that individual who was not awarded tickets is automatically entered into the main sale, not blocked from participating as Not Larry HarV suggests.
trilobyte
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion