Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby FlyingMonkey » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:24 am

FlyingMonkey wrote:
Sammael wrote:Denied. 1 ticket. :( Guess there were not 7000 after all. Karma hates me. Lost my ticket last year and had to pay a scalper a thousand bucks (lost my friends tic too) on the Sunday before opening. I must have kicked puppies in a previous life, Damn karma.


You must have been #3,001.
I think you must be kicking puppies in this life as well, or you are very disorganized.


Sorry. I meant to say stop kicking puppeis & good luck. :D
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.
User avatar
FlyingMonkey
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby Borris » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:41 am

remi wrote:
trilobyte wrote:No, there weren't 7000 - there were 3000 tickets. Don't worry though, your registration info will carry forward into the main sale, where you'll have three chances at a total of 40,000 tickets (instead of a single chance at 3,000 tickets). Good luck, and in the likelihood you are awarded tickets in the main sale, make sure you don't lose 'em! :)


Technically, wouldn't it be 1 chance at 10,000, 1 chance at 15,000 then 1 chance at 15,000.. (providing you don't win on your previous chances.) or just one chance at 40,000?

Either way, a much better chance then 1 at 3000.. however, I can see there being more participants for the main sale... but not enough to make your chance of winning not really really really super good.


Remi, Technically you're wrong. it's not 1 at 10,000 it's actually one in X divided by 10,000. and BMOrg doesn't provide us with the X number (the number of tickets people registered for.) and it's actually even more complex then this, due to the fact that people can apply for 1 or 2 tickets.
Shit, where was i for the last week... ehm...
User avatar
Borris
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:10 pm
Location: East Bay
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: DPW

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby remi » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:01 pm

Borris wrote:Remi, Technically you're wrong. it's not 1 at 10,000 it's actually one in X divided by 10,000. and BMOrg doesn't provide us with the X number (the number of tickets people registered for.) and it's actually even more complex then this, due to the fact that people can apply for 1 or 2 tickets.



I didn't feel like getting into all the variables.. just wanted to let you all know it's not 3/40000.. but yes, you also have to take into account how many people are applying (which I did touch on at the end of my post "I can see there being more participants for the main sale"), but I guess it's just easier for you to ignore that part because I didn't work it into my equation with a fancy 'x'.

You get a gold star Borris. Shit.. we all get gold stars.. It's Christmas!
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
User avatar
remi
 
Posts: 646
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:58 pm
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby Borris » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:57 pm

remi wrote:
Borris wrote:Remi, Technically you're wrong. it's not 1 at 10,000 it's actually one in X divided by 10,000. and BMOrg doesn't provide us with the X number (the number of tickets people registered for.) and it's actually even more complex then this, due to the fact that people can apply for 1 or 2 tickets.



I didn't feel like getting into all the variables.. just wanted to let you all know it's not 3/40000.. but yes, you also have to take into account how many people are applying (which I did touch on at the end of my post "I can see there being more participants for the main sale"), but I guess it's just easier for you to ignore that part because I didn't work it into my equation with a fancy 'x'.

You get a gold star Borris. Shit.. we all get gold stars.. It's Christmas!


No gold star for me, I'm Jewish, I'll trade it for a couple of lit candles. Happy Hanuka!!!
Shit, where was i for the last week... ehm...
User avatar
Borris
 
Posts: 276
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2003 11:10 pm
Location: East Bay
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: DPW

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby VultureChow » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:25 pm

Borris wrote:
remi wrote:
Borris wrote:Remi, Technically you're wrong. it's not 1 at 10,000 it's actually one in X divided by 10,000. and BMOrg doesn't provide us with the X number (the number of tickets people registered for.) and it's actually even more complex then this, due to the fact that people can apply for 1 or 2 tickets.



I didn't feel like getting into all the variables.. just wanted to let you all know it's not 3/40000.. but yes, you also have to take into account how many people are applying (which I did touch on at the end of my post "I can see there being more participants for the main sale"), but I guess it's just easier for you to ignore that part because I didn't work it into my equation with a fancy 'x'.

You get a gold star Borris. Shit.. we all get gold stars.. It's Christmas!


No gold star for me, I'm Jewish, I'll trade it for a couple of lit candles. Happy Hanuka!!!

Image
FREE THE STRIPPERS!
User avatar
VultureChow
 
Posts: 2146
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:08 pm
Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Camp Hooker @ Barbie Death Village

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:44 pm

It's kindergarten. We all get gold stars. Except for those who were sharing mats at naptime. Naughty, naughty!
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39993
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby 5280MeV » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:24 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:It's kindergarten. We all get gold stars. Except for those who were sharing mats at naptime. Naughty, naughty!


We had the best game in kindergarten at nap time. The teacher would randomly leave the room for 5-10 minutes, and the game was to crawl across the room and touch someone elses mat, then crawl back before getting caught.

If you got caught you were denied a pre-sale ticket.
Image
User avatar
5280MeV
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:32 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby Savannah » Wed Dec 21, 2011 3:42 pm

:lol:
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 11431
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby Sassy Britches » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Sammael wrote:Denied. 1 ticket. :( Guess there were not 7000 after all. Karma hates me. Lost my ticket last year and had to pay a scalper a thousand bucks (lost my friends tic too) on the Sunday before opening. I must have kicked puppies in a previous life, Damn karma.


At least you were told you were denied one. I thought I ordered 2, found out I only ordered 1 after we received notice that we did get 1, followed the subsequent instructions from ticket support to get the 2nd, and to make a longer story shorter, have been stuck in the black hole of nothingness except electronic confirmations of messages received and responses promised ever since the first day of the pre-sale. Now just hoping that we will get our second ticket in the main sale - husband will register, as we have no idea if we are rolled into it or not..

Good luck!
User avatar
Sassy Britches
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Phoenix

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby trilobyte » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:41 pm

Hang in there, Sassy Britches.
User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13746
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:54 pm
Location: San Francisco
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby Savannah » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:47 pm

Sassy Britches has about the best attitude I've seen of anyone with a ticket problem (not to mention the ovaries of steel to admit it might have been user error). I'm thinking good thoughts for you, SB.
User avatar
Savannah
Moderator
 
Posts: 11431
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Burning Since: I'm not sure

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby Sassy Britches » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:10 pm

Thanks Savannah and Trilo. And happy to report that ticket services came through today :D
Now to thinking of what to wear on the playa that will highlight my ovaries of steel :)

Happy weekend everyone!
User avatar
Sassy Britches
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Phoenix

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby Nipple » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:17 pm

So we have a single instance of someone who was flat out told no?

Do we know that for sure? Kinda seems like it might have been <3000 in this first go.
User avatar
Nipple
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:36 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:20 pm

Maybe. But we've heard from less than a dozen people. Not something I'm willing to make a firm statement on...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39993
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby Nipple » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:02 pm

Oh true. I think unless you work for InTicketing or somewhere within the ticketing process, it's all speculation.

I just like process, and how...it...uh...processes.
User avatar
Nipple
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:36 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Yeah, I like to speculate, too. Just every once in a while someone starts acting like they think I know what I'm talking about, so I've gotten a little cautious.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39993
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby Nipple » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:23 pm

Wait... you dont?!

Fuck!

(x-posted to FUCK!: A thread)
User avatar
Nipple
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:36 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Nipple wrote:So we have a single instance of someone who was flat out told no?



well, there was this Satanic fellow on the previous page..

Sammael wrote:Denied. 1 ticket. :( Guess there were not 7000 after all. Karma hates me. Lost my ticket last year and had to pay a scalper a thousand bucks (lost my friends tic too) on the Sunday before opening. I must have kicked puppies in a previous life, Damn karma.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
User avatar
oneeyeddick
 
Posts: 5589
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:08 pm
Location: Probably in your pants
Burning Since: 1996

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby theCryptofishist » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:46 pm

There you go again, Dick, dashing my dreams of perfection...


*sigh*
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri


Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
User avatar
theCryptofishist
 
Posts: 39993
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 10:28 am
Location: In Exile
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:48 pm

You are welcome to join me and my crushed skulls up against this here handy boulder any old time, Fishy.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
User avatar
oneeyeddick
 
Posts: 5589
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:08 pm
Location: Probably in your pants
Burning Since: 1996

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby Nipple » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:56 am

Yea, I saw him. I just wasn't sure if his issue was a credit card thing, or what.

I've got other verifications though that people were indeed denied based on not being drawn.

Folks just aren't being chitty-chatters about it.
User avatar
Nipple
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:36 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Burning Since: 2017

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby trilobyte » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:34 am

Neither are most of the people who were awarded tickets - ePlaya posts represent a pretty small percentage of the whole.
User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13746
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:54 pm
Location: San Francisco
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby Mamachicken32 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:25 pm

I haven't seen one post, one face book post, one anything post from anyone who applied for holiday tickets and didn't get it. Therefore I can only conclude that everyone got it. Part of me feels the "lotto" is nothing more than just a panic attack because in the end we will call get a ticket except if you wait till March and lose out which are the same odds you would have had if we did this the old fashion way.

I got my tickets... heart attack over....but I am still worried for friends and family and theme camps that make this amazing world work.

I still do not understand why, nor has anyone yet to provide me with a valid reply, to the idea that NON TRANSFERABLE tickets would have been the best way to go about this.

Just saying

Still waiting to hear why that wouldn't work.

There could be a return system for those who need to transfer the ticket to someone else at the same price they purchased it for.
MamaChicken Haggard Oboe
Mamachicken32
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:49 am
Location: oakland california
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Ken's nutz

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby Eric » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:38 pm

Mamachicken32 wrote:I still do not understand why, nor has anyone yet to provide me with a valid reply, to the idea that NON TRANSFERABLE tickets would have been the best way to go about this.

Just saying

Still waiting to hear why that wouldn't work.


Well, here's the official reason:
Jack Rabbit Speaks wrote:Q: Why not just register each ticket with a name and require ID at the Gate to use the ticket?

A: It has been our experience that a great many tickets are purchased for giving away, ensuring a project has coverage, or selling later to a friend in need. The administrative cost of changing the name on every ticket that ever changes hands exceeds our capacity. And frankly, many of your fellow BRC citizens are uncomfortable with the notion of showing ID just to enter the event (nor suffering through even longer wait times at the Gate). While we know some events use non-transferable tickets, we're not convinced it works for our community. We’re counting on everyone playing fairly so we don’t have to go to an "ID-specific" process for ticket sales and event entry.


The two reasons I colored pretty much sum up a huge part of the reasons against (also remember- you're asking to add layers of bureaucracy to fight a problem that is minor at best)

And this thread has some more "valid reasons" why not (just because people don't want to hear them doesn't make them less valid)

I have yet to see anyone clamoring for non-transferable tickets come up with a good reason that the event actually needs them- lots of panic-induced desire for them, no "valid reason" why they should be implemented. It's like finding a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scammers and Scalpers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
Ass't Editor, BRC Weekly
User avatar
Eric
Moderator
 
Posts: 8608
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby Elderberry » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:13 pm

Mamachicken32 wrote:I haven't seen one post, one face book post, one anything post from anyone who applied for holiday tickets and didn't get it. Therefore I can only conclude that everyone got it. Part of me feels the "lotto" is nothing more than just a panic attack because in the end we will call get a ticket except if you wait till March and lose out which are the same odds you would have had if we did this the old fashion way.

I got my tickets... heart attack over....but I am still worried for friends and family and theme camps that make this amazing world work.

I still do not understand why, nor has anyone yet to provide me with a valid reply, to the idea that NON TRANSFERABLE tickets would have been the best way to go about this.

Just saying

Still waiting to hear why that wouldn't work.

There could be a return system for those who need to transfer the ticket to someone else at the same price they purchased it for.

I tend to agree with your thinking on this. I haven't heard any credible stories of people losing in the drawing that couldn't be attributed to credit card being declined or people entering incorrect information when registering. i.e. all "denials" were because of "user error" rather than the lottery not having enough tickets in the pool to fulfill all that registered. But that's just my feeling on it. Even though eplaya is a small sampling of people that will buy tickets, it usually manages to attract a much larger sampling when people are disgruntled for whatever reason--look how many new people registered here when the lotto was announced. Can't imagine at least a few "losers" wouldn't have posted here (or facebook), had there, in fact, been any.
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
 
Posts: 13200
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Palm Springs
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby The Misting Dome » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:41 pm

No holiday ticket here (yet) (there are still a lot more holidays)

I'm been trying to get any confirmation since 11-29 when I got into the lotto, and again after my bank account was drawn from. I have e-mailed support, only to get automatic replies in return. The provided phone number (in the support e-mail) has a voice mail box that is full and just hangs up on you. Maybe I'm the only one? Trilobyte has attempted to help me, But a problem still exist.


"Our records do not have a transaction in our system"


[edited to remove personal transaction details]
User avatar
The Misting Dome
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby Sassy Britches » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:26 pm

The Misting Dome wrote:No holiday ticket here (yet) (there are still a lot more holidays)

I'm been trying to get any confirmation since 11-29 when I got into the lotto, and again after my bank account was drawn from. I have e-mailed support, only to get automatic replies in return. The provided phone number (in the support e-mail) has a voice mail box that is full and just hangs up on you. Maybe I'm the only one? Trilobyte has attempted to help me, But a problem still exist.



Good luck, Misting Dome. My problem got resolved a few days ago, and even after that I received a message from one of the folks at ticket services who was apparently going through the giant queue of messages they had received from burners trying to get one thing or another resolved. Hoping your turn in the queue comes quickly... I understand how frustrating the waiting can be.
User avatar
Sassy Britches
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Phoenix

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby trilobyte » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:39 pm

I'm not sure where that quote comes from, you hadn't mentioned that in any of numerous emails you've sent me. The information I sent you on the 19th is the only thing I can suggest, but do bear in mind that InTicketing may still be chewing through a backlog of support tickets).
User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13746
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:54 pm
Location: San Francisco
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby Elderberry » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:00 am

trilobyte wrote:I'm not sure where that quote comes from, you hadn't mentioned that in any of numerous emails you've sent me. The information I sent you on the 19th is the only thing I can suggest, but do bear in mind that InTicketing may still be chewing through a backlog of support tickets).


So basically they traded visible prosessing problems on the front end while ordering for latent processing problems on the backend after ordering?! :shock: :roll:
JK
Image
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
User avatar
Elderberry
Moderator
 
Posts: 13200
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Palm Springs
Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Re: Denied a pre-sale ticket??

Postby Nipple » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:15 am

To be fair, this was framed as the test run before the big show.
User avatar
Nipple
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:36 pm
Location: Portland, OR
Burning Since: 2017

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest