Official "I've been awarded tickets in the pre-sale" Thread

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Official "I've been awarded tickets" Thread

Postby falcon451 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:35 pm

This has probably been answered somewhere but I can't seem to find it. I was successful in getting 3 tickets in the pre-sale (registered in my name, charged to my card). But my party needs a total of 6. Am I personally barred from entering any of the remaining lotteries to try for the remaining tickets we need? We have to find someone else with a valid cc to enter?
falcon451

Postby jcliff » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:52 pm

I GOT IT!!!!! Thanks for the positive vibes Savannah! Sending it on to everyone else for the Main Sale!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jcliff

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Lamplighter Village

Postby Ratty » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Yup. Me too!! One is all I need. (But believe me. I need it). It was expensive but I can just sell a few extra costumes to cover. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Pictures or it didn't happen Greycoyote
I a recovering swagaholic I have to resist my grabby nature VultureChow
Those aren't buttermilk biscuits I'm lying on Savannah
We're out there to play like adults with no adult supervision CaptG
Ratty

Burning Since: I'm not sure
Camp Name: Sporks are For Pussys

Postby trilobyte » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:04 pm

@falcon451 - yes, you are only allowed to register once. Some of the other members of your party will need to register for either the main or secondary sale.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby lemur » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:06 pm

falcon451 wrote:This has probably been answered somewhere but I can't seem to find it. I was successful in getting 3 tickets in the pre-sale (registered in my name, charged to my card). But my party needs a total of 6. Am I personally barred from entering any of the remaining lotteries to try for the remaining tickets we need? We have to find someone else with a valid cc to enter?

correct
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Postby Toothfulwon » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:39 pm

YES! So excited to get them. Maybe we can get married there after all...
Would be interesting to see anyone post who registered and did NOT get tix. Of course we may not know that until the 19th rolls around.
Anyone?
Toothfulwon

Burning Since: 2010

Postby Mitch » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:42 pm

Well, I got my 2, so :mrgreen:

And if somebody only received 3 out of 4 requested, that means that there were applications for more than 3,000.
Mitch

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: The Black Rock Beacon

Postby trilobyte » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:45 pm

@toothfulwon - congrats! I think someone's already started a thread on that. Those who aren't awarded tickets will get an email after the drawing process is complete (because until it's complete they still have a shot), no later than the 19th.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby Savannah » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:50 pm

Mitch wrote:And if somebody only received 3 out of 4 requested, that means that there were applications for more than 3,000.

If you're talking about the person I've seen, he only registered for three tickets. He asked us if he needs to register again because he could have registered for 4, and didn't. (The answer was "no, you can only register once".)

I believe you win the number you actually registered for (provided it's 4 or less in the holiday sale, or 2 in the future sales). Not a fraction of your order.
Savannah

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby FlyingMonkey » Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:59 pm

Well I made the mistake of setting this as a watched topic so every time someone posted a comment I got an e-mail notification. Opening my inbox like Charlie peeling back the wrapper of a Wonka bar only to find chocolate I would see an e-mail from eplaya and not Burningman.com. Well I "finally" got my golden ticket some 20 minutes later so at least my anxiety was short lived. I just found out that my bud got his ticket as well :D . But now it’s time to get down to business & start planning, building, & preparing. So much to do so little time. When all is said & done I would be curious to see how many people put in for these early tickets and didn’t get them(if any). Considering that last year didn’t sell out until late July I suspect that anyone that plans ahead & gets in to the next drawing will get their tickets. Good luck to anyone that is still waiting. I hope the later delivery of tickets puts a dent in the scalper market.

wonka_gold_ticket.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In your wildest dreams you can not imagine the marvelous SURPRISES that await YOU.
FlyingMonkey

Postby graidawg » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:13 pm

well done all, i couldn't register for tickets as i needed my savings to finance my new career i'm hoping i get one by other means later on in next year if mdf doent get lucky.
FREE THE SHERPAS
Burners with torches is right and natural and just.-fishy.
CATCH AND RELEASE.
graidawg

Burning Since: 2011
Camp Name: Dread Pirate barbie

Postby mushhuskies » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:21 pm

Yahoo! Got my tickets this aftn. What a relief and glad to be able to continue on with some personal projects related to next year. Whew! Here's hoping that Santa visits all and sundry with the same gift regardless of the price point.

See ya'll on the playa....MH
mushhuskies

Postby Sassy Britches » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:54 pm

Yee hah, we're halfway there!
Trilobyte, I do have a question, am hoping you can help - the email that says I am awarded 1 ticket, although I requested 2. It didn't say anything about the 2nd - does it mean I still have a chance at another ticket in the pre-sale, does it mean that I am entered in the main sale for 1, or does it mean that somehow I screwed up when ordering and need to enter myself in the main sale for the 2nd ticket?
Thanks for your help, and congratulations to all who have their confirmations!
Sassy Britches

Postby The Misting Dome » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:59 pm

Ya, Got the draw. This is great, Now to plan (spend) for camp changes. I'm Going to Burning Man 2012.......Yahoo!
The Misting Dome

Postby Elderberry » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:17 pm

Sassy Britches wrote:Yee hah, we're halfway there!
Trilobyte, I do have a question, am hoping you can help - the email that says I am awarded 1 ticket, although I requested 2. It didn't say anything about the 2nd - does it mean I still have a chance at another ticket in the pre-sale, does it mean that I am entered in the main sale for 1, or does it mean that somehow I screwed up when ordering and need to enter myself in the main sale for the 2nd ticket?
Thanks for your help, and congratulations to all who have their confirmations!

You are now the second person to report this same issue. I believe Trilo is already looking into it.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
Elderberry

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby MyDearFriend » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:27 pm

graidawg wrote:well done all, i couldn't register for tickets as i needed my savings to finance my new career i'm hoping i get one by other means later on in next year if mdf doent get lucky.

Well I want to tell you Grai that I did get lucky 8) I have confirmation on 4 tickets 8) so, scrape the cash together at your own pace dude I got you covered.

Does anybody know when we are going to get whatever it is we can print out to put under the xmas tree?

(((Trilo))) you were right, you told me so, I am sorry I doubted you.

*so excited*
Practice Love. Exercise Sex.

FREE THE SHERPAS
MyDearFriend

Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp THIRTEENTH BARBIE

Postby trilobyte » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:41 pm

@Sassy Britches - it meant you may have read the registration form as carefully as you read the confirmation email and not selected the number of tickets you wanted. No orders have been partially fulfilled, if the name was pulled you were awarded the number of tickets requested on your registration. Hence there being no mention of remaining tickets. But check your confirmation email. In particular, there's a section below the image that begins with "READ THIS INFORMATION" and provides info on what to do about questions and concerns regarding your online order. Read it, follow the link, and get in touch with Participant Services, hopefully they can get your situation resolved.

@MyDearFriend - congratulations!!! The thing you can print out is contained in the email - a picture of the playa with the caption "You're going to Burning Man 2012!" on it.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby ambird » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:52 pm

My husband called me at work this afternoon and gave me the best early Christmas present I could possibly imagine. We're going to Burning Man!

My heart has been doing a happy dance ever since. :D
ambird

Postby Sassy Britches » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:55 pm

trilobyte wrote:@Sassy Britches - it meant you may have read the registration form as carefully as you read the confirmation email and not selected the number of tickets you wanted. No orders have been partially fulfilled, if the name was pulled you were awarded the number of tickets requested on your registration. Hence there being no mention of remaining tickets. But check your confirmation email. In particular, there's a section below the image that begins with "READ THIS INFORMATION" and provides info on what to do about questions and concerns regarding your online order. Read it, follow the link, and get in touch with Participant Services, hopefully they can get your situation resolved.

@MyDearFriend - congratulations!!! The thing you can print out is contained in the email - a picture of the playa with the caption "You're going to Burning Man 2012!" on it.

Thanks Trilo - I'm usually much more attuned to the details than I apparently was for this... I did click the link for support and sent them a message, and am sure it will be resolved one way or another, and am fully confident that both my husband and I will be on the Playa this year! And, I also want to say thanks - your positive approach to all the requests and comments that come your way is really appreciated.
Sassy Britches

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:57 pm

Did Tamaraka--
wait, she's taking a break, we won't know...
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby bigdane » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:07 pm

Smiling for all the winners...look forward to sharing the same joy after the Main Sale!!!!
don't play with matches unless you intend to burn
bigdane

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp and Wine Bistro

Postby trilobyte » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:34 pm

You're very welcome, and good luck Sassy Britches. Participant Services are some pretty awesome people, I'm hopeful that they'll be able to help get that resolved for you.

Congrats to everybody, and for those still waiting for news, the drawing process is not over. And hell yeah, BigDane, I'm looking forward to see the board go completely crazy with happy posts and people getting good news at the end of January (until my girlfriend surprised me with her post on the board this afternoon that was my plan).
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby oneeyeddick » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:50 pm

I got Mine also(just one needed), I also got my new Christmas cello in the mail today!

:P
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby theCryptofishist » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:05 pm

(yet another happy customer of "Music by Mail".)
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Sassy Britches » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:14 pm

trilobyte wrote:You're very welcome, and good luck Sassy Britches. Participant Services are some pretty awesome people, I'm hopeful that they'll be able to help get that resolved for you.

They are and they did! Happily, good night...
Sassy Britches

Postby Tiahaar » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:19 pm

Yay am confirmed for my one tic today as well =^.^= !! (and giggling at oed getting a cello in the mail...I helped audition a cello my sis bought a couple years ago heheh...pics sir please please :D )
Tiahaar

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: Starship Palomino

Postby oneeyeddick » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:35 pm

Tiahaar wrote:Y (and giggling at oed getting a cello in the mail...I helped audition a cello my sis bought a couple years ago heheh...pics sir please please :D )

Sure thing, buddy!

It is the Cecelio-500(intermediate level), about $400 online, and I already had the second bow( although it does come with a hard case and a gig bag, and extra strings).
I am pretty stoked tonight!
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
oneeyeddick

Burning Since: 1996

Postby funkyjigsaw » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:36 pm

Feeling a tad light-headed!! Got the ticket email (woop woop!), and have just bought the flight (Virgin London to San Fran), and reserved hotels .... Yeeeeeeeeee Haaaaaa!!! xxx
funkyjigsaw

Postby funkyjigsaw » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:37 pm

... Need to buy blinky lights ....
funkyjigsaw

Postby funkyjigsaw » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:38 pm

... And I'm going to the Paris Burning Night at the end of January ... should be amazing!!! xx
funkyjigsaw

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion