Pre-Sale question: what tier if I lose in the Pre-Sale?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Pre-Sale question: what tier if I lose in the Pre-Sale?

Postby BettySaidWot » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:01 am

Anyone know what will happen tier-wise if I don't "win" in the Pre-Sale? What tier will I go to?
The "winners" for the Pre-Sale get drawn Dec 19 (or before). I know that I will be shunted to the next draw if I do not get charged for tickets next week.
But when registering for the Pre-Sale I was not asked what tier I wanted to pay at if I don't "win" in the Pre-Sale. I'm pretty sure the FAQ doesn't say either.
I can pay the top tier (which is why I registered for the Pre-Sale in the first place, plus these tix are a gift). But then it appears that I will be auto-shunted to the lowest paying tier if I "lose" on Dec 19.
Which is not what I intended.
Anywho...
Dusty hugs to all and especially to any answerers.
BettySaidWot

Re: Pre-Sale question: what tier if I lose in the Pre-Sale?

Postby jkisha » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:07 am

You are correct in your assumption of what happens if you lose. (This is my understanding.) However, you aren't 'guaranteed' a lowest tier, you will just be put into the pool for a shot at the lower tiers. You could still end up paying the middle or higher tier price depending on how "lucky" you are. So if you do get the lowest tier, just put the money into your retirement plan and count your blessings and stop worrying about it.
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby BBadger » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:10 am

Personally I think they should just clear out the pre-sale registrations and have people reregister. Then it would be a clear break from the presale, and questions like these wouldn't come up, nor any confusion about duplicate numbers, whether the person actually wants to participates in the main sale, etc.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Savannah » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:14 pm

From this morning's Jack Rabbit Speaks email newsletter:

Remember, if you DON'T get tickets in the Pre-Sale, your registration will automatically roll over to the Main Sale, taking place in January. There's no need to re-register. If you registered to purchase more than 2 tickets, you will be registered for 2 tickets in the Main Sale (that's the maximum) at the highest pricing tier (e.g. you'll be eligible for the draws at all pricing tiers).

i.e., you'll have a chance to pay a lower price.

If you don't get the Burning Man JRS newsletter, consider it--you'll get info like that above, usually just 1-2 times a month. You can sign up for it here:
http://www.burningman.com/blackrockcity ... lists.html

(Set your email filters to welcome mail from jackrabbitspeaks at burningman dot com).
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby BettySaidWot » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:51 pm

Hi, I got the JRS today and saw this:

"[you're eligible for 2 tickets in the Main Sale...] at the highest pricing tier (e.g. you'll be eligible for the draws at all pricing tiers)."

I guess I don't understand the tiers. How are you at the highest pricing tier but eligible for the draws at all pricing tiers?

It's not clear to me which price tier follows those who will rollover from Pre-Sale to Main Sale. So from the looks of it I could go from intending to pay $420 (x2) to actually paying $240 (x 2).

I will just see what the heck happens on Monday. And if no credit card charge at that time, then I'll just see what the heck happens in February. :D
BettySaidWot

Postby Savannah » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:03 pm

You will be eligible for all tiers including $240, $320, or $390, maximum of two (down from a possible 4 in the holiday sale).

Luck of the draw.
Savannah

Postby BettySaidWot » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:26 pm

TOTALLY GET IT NOW. Thanks all... thank goodness for eplaya.
BettySaidWot

Postby Savannah » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:27 pm

:)
Savannah

Postby jkisha » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:48 pm

So, will they being drawing them in tier order? i.e. the first 10,000 drawn will get first tier pricing, the next 15,000 will get second tier pricing and the final 15,000 drawn will get third tier pricing?

Or, will they draw first tier, second tier, third tier, repeat; until all 40,000 tickets are sold?

Or, will they draw all 15,000 third tier first, then all 15,000 second tier, and then the 10,000 first tier?

Or, will they draw.....
JK
http://www.mudskippercafe.com
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle.
Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me.
jkisha

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Mudskipper Cafe

Postby Eric » Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:07 pm

jkisha wrote:So, will they being drawing them in tier order? i.e. the first 10,000 drawn will get first tier pricing, the next 15,000 will get second tier pricing and the final 15,000 drawn will get third tier pricing?

They will draw tiers 1-2-3 in order. Tier one gets drawn until it's gone, then tier 2, than tier 3. Any left over will most likely be tier 3, those (if any) will go to Open Sale in March.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
Eric

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion