Anxious About Getting A Burning Man Ticket?

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

Re: Anxious About Getting A Burning Man Ticket?

Postby trilobyte » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:00 am

That, or you could check to see if your institution may have a problem with it and (if need be) make other arrangements….all self-reliant like. It is not the BMOrg's responsibility to ensure that your bank is awesome.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby funkyjigsaw » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:02 am

trilobyte wrote:That, or you could check to see if your institution may have a problem with it and (if need be) make other arrangements….all self-reliant like. It is not the BMOrg's responsibility to ensure that your bank is awesome.

I agree! Which is why I am chilled ... and trust that fate will treat me fairly x
funkyjigsaw

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:44 am

trilobyte wrote:That, or you could check to see if your institution may have a problem with it and (if need be) make other arrangements….all self-reliant like. It is not the BMOrg's responsibility to ensure that your bank is awesome.

Damn one percenters!

I just say that I think it's a stupid system, too. I think the bank could put something on it that indicates that there was a contacting of the bank and now that this situation has arisen, please hand-process. They could have that in front of someone in 5 minutes, if they chose to have that option.

Anyway, my niece is in the banking system. It's sort of a shame, but we love her anyway, and it's only been a few weeks. So I'm asking her. She's in Manchester--not Vermont. Actually, I think that the Royal Bank of Scotland has branches out here. I wonder if that would make a difference...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby remi » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:51 am

trilobyte wrote:….all self-reliant like. It is not the BMOrg's responsibility to ensure that your bank is awesome.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to bring up the ten principles. Getting your shit together is part of being Radically Self Reliant. That's why I'm happy with Funkyjigsaw's attitude.. your aware of the problem, and your aware it's your problem. Prehaps if it was mentioned a while back when the lotto system was introduced, something could have been done about it.. but now, it's time to hold on for the ride.

Good luck Funkyjigsaw! I hope not too many foreign burners have this problem.
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
remi

Postby funkyjigsaw » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:04 am

remi wrote:
trilobyte wrote:….all self-reliant like. It is not the BMOrg's responsibility to ensure that your bank is awesome.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to bring up the ten principles. Getting your shit together is part of being Radically Self Reliant. That's why I'm happy with Funkyjigsaw's attitude.. your aware of the problem, and your aware it's your problem. Prehaps if it was mentioned a while back when the lotto system was introduced, something could have been done about it.. but now, it's time to hold on for the ride.

Good luck Funkyjigsaw! I hope not too many foreign burners have this problem.

Radical self-reliance! I WILL get a ticket ... power of positive thought! Let's ride this puppy of a system and slam-dunk tickets for us all ... fuck me! Did I live in California or what!!! xx
funkyjigsaw

Postby Savannah » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:41 am

*grin*
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby Ugly Dougly » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:43 am

Please to visit PAGE TWO.
Ugly Dougly

Burning Since: 1996

Postby NellieX » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:24 am

I'm definitely nervous about it...I'm still trying to decide whether to scramble to pay down enough of my credit card to be able to enter the lotto, or to wait and purchase tickets on the aftermarket. Realistically, I'll most likely get my tickets either way...but this lottery business has definitely got my heart pounding.

The funny thing is, I'm not even sure yet if we can really go!
NellieX

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:33 am

It may calm your nerves a bit to stop thinking of it as a lottery (since for most of us, a lottery is a thing with few winners and many losers). It's a drawing with 40,000 "winners" - the chances are pretty good. Last year there were around 30K people who bought tickets in January, so unless there's a really crazy spike in demand it's entirely possible that there will be some left over to carry into the March secondary sale (which is an open sale). If you're able to make some room on your card I say go for it, otherwise check back over the coming weeks to find out the dates for that secondary sale.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Postby NellieX » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:17 am

trilobyte wrote:It may calm your nerves a bit to stop thinking of it as a lottery (since for most of us, a lottery is a thing with few winners and many losers). It's a drawing with 40,000 "winners" - the chances are pretty good. Last year there were around 30K people who bought tickets in January, so unless there's a really crazy spike in demand it's entirely possible that there will be some left over to carry into the March secondary sale (which is an open sale). If you're able to make some room on your card I say go for it, otherwise check back over the coming weeks to find out the dates for that secondary sale.

No, you're right. Also, the point you made about the word "lottery" makes me think there will be people who hold off on entering, for that very reason, so demand might even go down (am I crazy?).

I think I'm going to talk my husband into putting in a chunk of cash, and just go for it. We can always sell them later if we can't go.
NellieX

Postby Savannah » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:43 am

That's how I would play it.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Postby TT120 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:32 pm

I'm not worried. I just paid down my Visa card so there is plenty of room for a couple tickets. In 6 days, the registration opens and I should know by Feb 1st. Woot! I've already begun preparing and should have it all sorted out by TTITD. :D
Life's a bitch, then you go to Burning Man - Unjonharley

W6BJD
TT120

Burning Since: 2012
Camp Name: Orphans Too

Postby Marscrumbs » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:24 pm

When I think of this Lottery and Burning Man, I think about the Shirley Jackson short story they made us read in 7th grade. How cool is that for BMorg?
Marscrumbs

Previous

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion