2012 Ticket Fees

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

2012 Ticket Fees

Postby trilobyte » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:46 am

In addition to the price of the ticket, the following fees/charges apply. Make sure you plan accordingly.

Ticket vendor service charges:
Per ticket: $6.00
Per order: $1.00

Delivery charges:
In the US: Will Call $12.00, USPS Sig. Confirmation $12.00
In Canada: Will Call $12.00, USPS International Express $29.00
All other international orders: Will Call only $12.00

• Main sale registration 1/9/12 (at 12 noon PST) until 1/22/12 (at 11:59pm PST), drawing will take place on/before February 1, 2012.

Cards accepted: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover and Diner’s Club credit cards

For more information, please see the ticket info page or the FAQ.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: 2012 Ticket Fees

Postby trinity » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:36 pm

I've just registered for the pre-sale tickets. Unfortunately, your registration process does not ask for a shipping address, only a billing address. My credit card is billed to one address and I wanted to receive the tickets at my P.O. Box (my landlord died and I am going to have to move in the next 6 months, so I didn't want them delivered to the billing address because I probably won't be here!). Now I am going to have to change my address if I've been selected. Just sayin'...maybe you should address that (no pun intended) in the new ticketing process.
trinity

Postby trilobyte » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:22 pm

I got a response from the box office team...
Burning Man Ticket Office wrote:We've never allowed for a separate shipping address in the initial purchase phase just as a security measure. Folks can later opt to go through a name and/or delivery address change. This is all done through In Ticketing, and the process can be accessed after you've been awarded tickets and the ticket order is in the system by visiting this page and selecting the topic from the pull down menu.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby The Misting Dome » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:33 pm

I've just registered for the pre-sale tickets as well. No confirmation code # or Email confirmation for the reregistration process Just the following;

" 2012 BURNING MAN TICKET
Registration Submission Received
Thank you, your Registration to enter the Burning Man 2012 ticket Pre-Sale drawing was successful! This does NOT guarantee your entry will be selected to buy tickets."

Something missing................ definitely no joy as in the past
The Misting Dome

Postby trilobyte » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:16 am

There would be no confirmation number. Orders are only placed into the system after tickets are awarded. You should see a 'registration successful' page in your browser, and shortly after receive an email at the address that you provided in your registration. If you don't receive one within a reasonable period of time, you may need to check your email's spam filtering (or your provider's spam filter settings, since some ISP's are notorious for falsely blocking confirmation-type emails as spam). I believe the confirmation message would come from orders(at)burningman(dot)com.

I should imagine the joy would come if/when tickets have been awarded. Good luck!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby The Misting Dome » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:44 pm

Still no email confirmation........what next? Do I attempt to re-register?
The Misting Dome

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:05 pm

If I didn't get an answer in plenty of time to enter the sale, I'd enter again, on the hypothesis that the second entry, if any, would get "scrubbed". The problem with that strategy is that they might decide that you are a scalper and drop both. Still, this will not be the only instance of someone registering twice without being a scalper...
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby trilobyte » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:11 pm

If you saw the conformation screen in your browser and it's been more than a few hours AND you've checked your email/provider's spam filters and haven't been able to find the confirmation email, PM me with the name and email address you used to register and I'll check on it for you.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby vargaso » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:46 pm

This is silly. General principle with UI is, if you have to explain it, you've failed. Is this a 3rd party vendor, is it the same as previous years? If so, WHY?
vargaso

Burning Since: 2007
Camp Name: Suburbanoya

Postby trilobyte » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:06 am

The registration form is pretty straightforward, but people had been asking about fees and shipping charges prior to actually registering - hence this thread. Ticketing is handled through a third party vendor (InTicketing), the same that's handled tickets for the event in years past. As for why, the reasons are numerous and not public.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby trilobyte » Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:39 am

Update from Ticketing Team!

If you have anyone else who thinks their entry didn't go through tell them to go ahead and re-submit. They have nothing to lose by being in their twice as we'll de-dupe everything before we do the pull.

You may also want to check your email software or email provider's spam filter settings. Add orders(at)burningman(dot)com to your approved senders list before registering. As has often happened in the past, providers such as AOL, MSN, Earthlink, and others have been intercepting and flagging confirmation emails as spam (those bastards!). The ticketing team goes on to explain:

If people get a confirmation screen [in their browser], then that's confirmation their registration was successful - email or no.

Hope that helps!
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby scruffyboy00001 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Hey Trilo,
How do I *know* that I'm I am actually getting into the tier I signed on for and not getting bumped up to a higher one and paying more? All I have is your guys word for the selection and tier process. For all any of us knows, EVERY ticket could be getting sold at a higher price and none of us would know any different. In other words how do you *prove* to me and others that X number of tickets are actually being sold at a given price? Just wondering.
scruffyboy00001

Postby Rice » Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:45 pm

scruffyboy00001 wrote:Hey Trilo,
How do I *know* that I'm I am actually getting into the tier I signed on for and not getting bumped up to a higher one and paying more? All I have is your guys word for the selection and tier process. For all any of us knows, EVERY ticket could be getting sold at a higher price and none of us would know any different. In other words how do you *prove* to me and others that X number of tickets are actually being sold at a given price? Just wondering.

You will not be charged for anything above the highest tier you signed up for. At worst, you would pay for a lower priced tier.

I will not address your trust question. I personally have seen no reason not to trust Burning Man LLC. I suspect some people will disclose their ticket price(s) here on ePlaya. I bet the numbers and prices will reflect what the ticket page states...
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby trilobyte » Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:03 pm

You'd know if you were getting scammed by a charge appearing on your credit card for more than the amount you agreed to pay.

As for the outlandish notion that the BMOrg is somehow secretly plotting to sell every ticket at the highest price possible, you have no assurances or guarantees. Just as participants have had to trust the number of tickets at each tier have been getting sold in the past. Of course, if they were pulling such a scam, they'd easily be 'found out' when nobody ended up being able to get first or second tier tickets and took to the internet to voice their outrage.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Postby unkieval » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:29 pm

How do you acquire low income tickets?
unkieval

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:26 pm

The procedure hasn't been released yet. I think they let us know how next month.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Mosquitopilate » Tue Jan 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Listen I know to some of this is a hassle or a bit high $ priced but if I had to pick a place on this planet to pay around 400 $ and play the waiting game
the place is BurningMan...My God People Sometimes change is good. I know one thing I will be there lottery or not I will find a ticket if I am not picked.
Enjoy this great place and take advantage of meeting really awesome people,cause someday the default world will try to take it away or try anyways
Twitter - @BurnPlayaMan E-Mail - Mosquitopilate@yahoo.com Image
Thanks to all that made BM 2012 great. You people are the best on planet earth )'( )'( )'(
Mosquitopilate

Burning Since: 2001

Postby healer1 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:28 pm

I read that there is going to be a test credit charge of $1.01. Is this correct? That just seems like a suspecious charge and the credit card companies are going to be flagging the charge as a fraud attempt. Any truth to this? I dont want to lose out on my chance for tickets because of this illogical charge.
healer1

Postby Savannah » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:52 pm

That $1.01 is a pre-authorization charge, and is a fairly common practice when a business charges a credit card. It's to test that the card works, and is removed once the card has been validated.

ETA: It's very unlikely for a credit card company to find a problem with that $1.01 charge; countless online merchants use it. A credit card company is more likely to have a problem with a very large or unexpected charge, so knowing what your daily spending limit is--and advising your credit card company about the expected amount--is wise, if you have any doubts.
Savannah

Burning Since: 2000

Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion