All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Want to talk about tickets? You've come to the right place

All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby ericthomasdavis » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:42 pm

Hello All

I think that Burning Man should not have any "tiers" or "lottery" for tickets

Here is what I think should happen.....

Burning Man is allowed "growth" each year by BLM agreements......or so I have heard...haven't read the contract myself

SELL TICKETS for $300 each till they all sell out.....if any are leftover at the time of the event sell them for $500 each at the gate

$300 for the people who plan all year and $500 for the last minute "hey lets party at BM this weekend" type.

Stop selling "lowing income tickets" it is a bunch of BS...ooowwwhhh!!! I saved 100$ now I can goto Burning Man.....oh yea spend 1000-3000$ for supplies and to get there.
This isn't low income in my book. Plus I have known people who "claimed to be low income" and weren't anything close. They just worked BM for a cheap ticket.....or BM could ask to verify their income and I think the number that apply would drop!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! only reply with a simple "yep that would work"
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! NO NAY-SAYER replies!!!! I want this to be a thread that stands out to the BM org as a workable solution


In the Army (7 year VET myself) they had a saying "KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID"

My plan would save BM time and resources, hopefully prevent scalping (which is legal in NV), and give everybody a equal and fair chance!!!!
ericthomasdavis
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:45 am
Location: Reno, NV

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby Sham » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Why Ericthomasdavis, you little anarchist. You can make petitions and solicit votes from now until next year. This organization is more of a dictatorship than a democracy. You can work on getting 50,000 signatures to punctuate your message, but it still comes back to the bull goose loony doing what he wants.

I do however admire your tenacity trying to get some support and wish you well with it.

Carry on! :D
User avatar
Sham
Moderator
 
Posts: 6268
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:10 am
Location: The hidden mythical place.....

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby trilobyte » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:12 pm

No.

For what it's worth, this is a message board, and not a system for managing a pseudo petition. The site's also got plenty of socks/alts, so there's no way to prevent the gaming of results. It's a big internet though, and there are plenty of sites and services that offer the ability to host or manage a petition. Do your thing there, then PM me and I'll edit your original post. Mind you, the intelligent thing to do would be to wait until wait for the details and FAQ are posted before launching an organized protest, but you seem committed to a different course of action.
User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10638
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:54 pm
Location: San Francisco
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby ygmir » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:17 pm

what, did you give up on the private land/ holding it on 10 acres idea?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25992
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby Mamachicken32 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:00 pm

I feel the solution is EASY.. MAKE THE TICKETS NON TRANSFERABLE... MAKE THE NAME ON THE TICKET A MUST IN MATCHING AN ID. If someone can't go, you can send the ticket back and be refunded for the price paid, and the next person in line gets the available ticket..

They do this overseas... why wouldn't that be a better concept???

And yes.. FLAT 300-350 tickets are AWESOME

Access card tickets and be done with
MamaChicken Haggard Oboe
Mamachicken32
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:49 am
Location: oakland california
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Ken's nutz

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby capjbadger » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:03 pm

This is not about scaplers. STFU.

-Badger
Arrrggg!! Avast ye fucking fluffy bunny shirtcockers! Haul your drunken hairy fat ass out of our sight or prepare to receive a hot buttered hedgehog fired up your aft quarters!

Honey Badger don't care. Honey Badger don't give a shit!
User avatar
capjbadger
 
Posts: 2692
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:17 am
Location: Horus' Left Armpit
Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Lamplighters

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby wh..sh » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:08 am

Mamachicken32 wrote:I feel the solution is EASY.. MAKE THE TICKETS NON TRANSFERABLE... MAKE THE NAME ON THE TICKET A MUST IN MATCHING AN ID. If someone can't go, you can send the ticket back and be refunded for the price paid, and the next person in line gets the available ticket..

They do this overseas... why wouldn't that be a better concept???

And yes.. FLAT 300-350 tickets are AWESOME

Access card tickets and be done with


You over-simplify things. It is additional expense for the administration (handing refunds, return on card charges, waiting list to get a returned tickets). It would require a whole new department. Other than that, it would restrict people from sharing tickets which is an inconvenience, the gate entry line checks will be longer.
But on the positive side, fake ID business will bloom. Maybe that's what will save the economy. Non-Transferable tickets IMHO is an assinnine idea.
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
User avatar
wh..sh
 
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:21 am

Image
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5809
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Orlando, FL/Kailua, HI
Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby remi » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:32 am

trilobyte wrote:No.

For what it's worth, this is a message board, and not a system for managing a pseudo petition. The site's also got plenty of socks/alts, so there's no way to prevent the gaming of results. It's a big internet though, and there are plenty of sites and services that offer the ability to host or manage a petition. Do your thing there, then PM me and I'll edit your original post. Mind you, the intelligent thing to do would be to wait until wait for the details and FAQ are posted before launching an organized protest, but you seem committed to a different course of action.


Any idea when they plan on releasing more details and the FAQ?
Can you at least admit that nuclear explosions are awesome!?
User avatar
remi
 
Posts: 482
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:58 pm
Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby Dr. Pyro » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:34 am

As they say in Texas: El Paso.
User avatar
Dr. Pyro
 
Posts: 3670
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 8:11 am
Location: Newcastle, CA
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Barbie Death Camp & Wine Bistro

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby wh..sh » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:18 am

wh..sh wrote:
Mamachicken32 wrote:I feel the solution is EASY.. MAKE THE TICKETS NON TRANSFERABLE... MAKE THE NAME ON THE TICKET A MUST IN MATCHING AN ID. If someone can't go, you can send the ticket back and be refunded for the price paid, and the next person in line gets the available ticket..

They do this overseas... why wouldn't that be a better concept???

And yes.. FLAT 300-350 tickets are AWESOME

Access card tickets and be done with


You over-simplify things. It is additional expense for the administration (handing refunds, return on card charges, waiting list to get a returned tickets). It would require a whole new department. Other than that, it would restrict people from sharing tickets which is an inconvenience, the gate entry line checks will be longer.
But on the positive side, fake ID business will bloom. Maybe that's what will save the economy. Non-Transferable tickets IMHO is an assinnine idea.


Actually, just between this post and now, I already have an idea on how scalpers could beat the non-transferable ticket scenario. Not only can they beat the system, but they can also expand into potentially new market.
But since trilobyte won't approve me sharing business strategic planning advice on the message board for free, I will hold that idea for $300 per hour consultation.
Last edited by wh..sh on Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
In my world there's only legible and more legible.

-Bob
User avatar
wh..sh
 
Posts: 2191
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby Ugly Dougly » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:22 am

ericthomasdavis wrote:Burning Man is allowed "growth" each year by BLM agreements......or so I have heard...haven't read the contract myself...

IS FAIL
Get back to us after you're done your homework, eh?
Please to visit PAGE TWO.
User avatar
Ugly Dougly
 
Posts: 16324
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2003 9:31 am
Location: San Jose, CA
Burning Since: 1996

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby ericthomasdavis » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:05 pm

You know, you try to plant the seeds of thought and request no Nay-sayers....

1 maybe 2 posts so far wasn't a nay sayer

Can you people read fucking English

If I could I would drop a match on this place and walk away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ericthomasdavis
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:45 am
Location: Reno, NV

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby unjonharley » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:23 pm

WHAT PART OF NO DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?
User avatar
unjonharley
 
Posts: 8805
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2003 11:05 am
Location: Salem Or.

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby Eric » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:28 pm

ericthomasdavis wrote:You know, you try to plant the seeds of thought and request no Nay-sayers....


You put a post up on a public forum and say:

ericthomasdavis wrote:PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! only reply with a simple "yep that would work"
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! NO NAY-SAYER replies!!!! I want this to be a thread that stands out to the BM org as a workable solution


Without taking into account that hundreds of people have put up what they think are "workable solutions", yet absolutely none of them knows what the actual "problem" is. The LLC hasn't said how their lottery will work, but all the geniuses are crawling out of the woodwork trying to one-up them.

If you want "no nay-sayer" replies, don't post on a public board; not even the LLC get's to post here & expect people to agree. Telling people they can only agree with you is the height of arrogance, to get upset because they didn't just agree is just sad. This is a place for honest-to-god messy discussion, like it or not.
Survival Guide * First Timers Guide * Ticket Info

Regarding Ticket Scalpers and Scammers

It's a camping trip in the desert, not the redemption of the fallen world - Cryptofishist

Eric ShutterSlut
BRC Weekly
User avatar
Eric
Moderator
 
Posts: 7108
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:45 pm
Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: BRC Weekly

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby oneeyeddick » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:29 pm

This thread is just chocked full of failure.
We have an obligation to make space for everyone, we have no obligation to make that space pleasant.
User avatar
oneeyeddick
 
Posts: 5588
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:08 pm
Location: Probably in your pants
Burning Since: 1996

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby Sham » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:45 pm

Eric, I of all people love a good civil action. I wasn't being sarcastic when I said I admired your tenacity. The real problem here is the only action that you can do here is an organized boycott of the event. If you can drum up support it will work, and if there is no support, then things will go forward as is. I don't say this because I want to see a boycott, but it's simply reality.

Think of Bank of America. You could have gathered 2 million signatures protesting the $5 monthly charge, and they would have laughed at you. Once money started flowing out of the bank, they shit themselves and backed off on the proposal.

Let's say hypothetically that ticket prices for the burn were raised to $500 each. A petition asking for the prices to be lowered is not going to work. A boycott with only a handful of people will not work. But a universal boycott would be successful. That will not happen here. The event will sell out again.

I guess this might be why I'm a bit frustrated with the the Occupy movement. They are not giving any clear "calls to action". I don't know what they really want and I don't know what I can do to help.

As far as tickets this year to Burning Man, sit tight my friend. All will be well with it and you will get to go. I promise! :D
User avatar
Sham
Moderator
 
Posts: 6268
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:10 am
Location: The hidden mythical place.....

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby junglesmacks » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:58 pm

ericthomasdavis wrote:You know, you try to plant the seeds of thought and request no Nay-sayers....

1 maybe 2 posts so far wasn't a nay sayer

Can you people read fucking English

If I could I would drop a match on this place and walk away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
\


Image
Savannah wrote:It sounds freaky & wrong, so you need to do it.
User avatar
junglesmacks
 
Posts: 5809
Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 9:54 pm
Location: Orlando, FL/Kailua, HI
Camp Name: Your mom's tent

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby Bob » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:09 pm

Image
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
User avatar
Bob
 
Posts: 6762
Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:00 am
Location: San Francisco
Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby Isotopia » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:30 am

If I could I would drop a match on this place and walk away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Beta test that idea on yourself and then get back with us. Mm'k?
User avatar
Isotopia
 
Posts: 2813
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:26 am

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby ygmir » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:37 am

Isotopia wrote:
If I could I would drop a match on this place and walk away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Beta test that idea on yourself and then get back with us. Mm'k?


I wonder if he's Buddhist?
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25992
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby ericthomasdavis » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:01 am

You know, the really said part is my family will get tickets, will put art on the playa and will have a "good time"

I have watched over the years BM change...

Fun party time with people just fucking on the playa to a "carnival" waer you clothes type setting.......

I just love camping!!!!, and that is the main reason I go...10 days of pure camping fun and the lovely ladies of BM being the hussy they want to be is a "bonus"
ericthomasdavis
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:45 am
Location: Reno, NV

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby trilobyte » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:18 am

How about they offer 3K tickets in a pre-sale at a premium price (which helps offset low income and lower tier). Then a Main Sale of 40K tickets via random selection in January. And then a secondary sale of 10K (plus anything that might not have sold in January) through random selection. Anything left after that's done first come first served.
User avatar
trilobyte
Site Admin
 
Posts: 10638
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 11:54 pm
Location: San Francisco
Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby mdmf007 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:56 pm

ygmir wrote:what, did you give up on the private land/ holding it on 10 acres idea?


That wont quite work - 10 acres +425,000 square feet (a little off but makes math easy) divide by a low 50,000 people and we each get 8 square feet. Almost enough to lay down on.

no cars though.

And if all you wanted was a yes no response, you could have included a poll to the same.

Believe me - telling someone NOT to post to a thread wont work either :evil:
One of the Meanie Greenies (Figjam 2013)
User avatar
mdmf007
Moderator
 
Posts: 4772
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:32 pm
Location: my computer
Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: ESD

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby ygmir » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:17 pm

mdmf007 wrote:
ygmir wrote:what, did you give up on the private land/ holding it on 10 acres idea?


That wont quite work - 10 acres +425,000 square feet (a little off but makes math easy) divide by a low 50,000 people and we each get 8 square feet. Almost enough to lay down on.

no cars though.

And if all you wanted was a yes no response, you could have included a poll to the same.

Believe me - telling someone NOT to post to a thread wont work either :evil:


you may want to refer to his other thread, for clarification.
YGMIR

Unabashed Nordic
Pagan
User avatar
ygmir
 
Posts: 25992
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:36 pm
Location: nevada county
Burning Since: 2017
Camp Name: qqqq

Re: All Burners PLEASE read and "SIGN" petition

Postby the Dave » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:10 pm

ericthomasdavis wrote:...haven't read the contract myself

Stop selling "lowing income tickets" it is a bunch of BS...
...BM could ask to verify their income...
PLEASE!!!! NO NAY-SAYER replies!!!! I want this to be a thread that stands out to the BM org as a workable solution
My plan would save BM time and resources... and give everybody a equal and fair chance!!!!


You want all burners to read your crap, sign it, and not complain or argue with you? Forget tenacity, you're just a dick.

How's this for nay-saying? Your idea sucks. Keep it to yourself.

Regarding the "low income BS" your view of the trip is laughable. From the sound of it, your opinion of "low income" is to have the cheaper RV delivered to your campsite. Your pals who cheat the system to get low-income tickets sound like really great people, too. Perhaps you should all protest the lottery and stay home in 2012.

Want to consider ACTUAL low income?
$150 for ticket
$100 for food/supplies
$100 for gas/travel

Assuming you already have basic camping gear, tent and bike. Make your own costumes & gifts from recycled / thrift materials, and people can hit playa for under $400 total. Under $300 if they live in Reno like you.

How are you somehow SAVING money for BM when you suggest selling all the tickets for $300 when around 75% are supposed to be sold for more?
How are you saving BM time if they have to verify the income of 3,500 people?
How are you giving everyone a fair chance when not everyone comes from the same financial background?
Not that BM would ever view this as a workable solution, but I'm happy to contend it just on principle. :lol:
I say NAY!
-the Dave

Everything in moderation, including moderation.
User avatar
the Dave
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:12 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA


Return to 2012 Tickets Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests