Burner Express - only using half the round trip??

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to the year-specific Share Resources board.

Burner Express - only using half the round trip??

Postby Beatwrangler » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:11 am

Hi all - i've contacted Burner Express Ticket Support about this but have yet to receive a reply...and as I set off for the airport tomorrow evening and fly to SF (from UK) on Friday morning ...i'm now getting slightly concerned...

So - here's the deal, hoping someone may have an answer - I have a round trip Bus ticket from Reno to BRC. Leaving on the monday in both directions.

I am now looking at travelling in with friends - this is my first burn so I think I would prefer to arrive with friends..especially ones i'm camping with! However - coming back I may prefer the idea of the bus out....the idea of missing a lot of exodus is quite appealing...especially as i'm flying back to the UK the next day.

My question then is this - if I miss the first part of the round trip; do I then forfeit the whole thing? I can't see anything in the terms that even refers to this eventuality. I know on flight tickets; if you miss one part then the whole lot is cancelled if you don't notify them (and usually pay). Does the Burner Express work the same way?
Beatwrangler

Burning Since: 2013

Re: Burner Express - only using half the round trip??

Postby Beatwrangler » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:15 am

Another question actually.......... my address has changed since I bought the ticket - is that likely to be an issue when I try and pick up the bus?

(I also asked ticket support this some time ago)
Beatwrangler

Postby BBadger » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:28 am

Please consult the FAQ.

For your specific questions, it appears (and again, read the FAQ to be sure) that it doesn't matter if you missed the scheduled time or don't show up at all. Note that you don't get a refund should you make this choice. As for your address: it doesn't matter. You just need your confirmation. They probably emailed it to you or something. Show up where you need to be with the required info; that's what matters.
"The essence of tyranny is not iron law. It is capricious law." -- Christopher Hitchens

Hate reading my replies? Click here to add me to your plonk (foe) list.
BBadger

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby Beatwrangler » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:50 am

Thank you - That was my interpretation as well pretty much.....I guess the thing that left a lingering question mark for me was whether the initial ride (even if it was on a bus you weren't scheduled on) would produce a ticket or wristband or something that was needed for the return portion.

I suppose I can always go and ask at the Burner Express stop in BRC during the week. I have a habit of being over organised........I need to learn to be organised enough..and then let go. :)
Beatwrangler

Postby bluemiragemi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:09 pm

I agree with Badger. Based on my experience with their support, they are pretty on top of things. I would expect a reply in a day or two from when you sent your request. I do not believe there is any wristband or anything like that. Just be sure to be early and on time for the return trip!
~ Em
bluemiragemi

Burning Since: 2014
Camp Name: Pretty Pickle

Postby Beatwrangler » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:06 pm

Thank you....

They gave generally been good but it's been a week so figured I'd try here. :)
Beatwrangler

Return to Transportation