Not sure where to ask this. gate opening time?

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

Not sure where to ask this. gate opening time?

Postby wheresdmc68 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:48 pm

We are trying to find out what time the gate will be opening and if there is a projected wait time at the gate.

Thanks peeps :)

Dave
wheresdmc68

Burning Since: 2013

Re: Not sure where to ask this. gate opening time?

Postby CelloVerp » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:52 am

CelloVerp

Burning Since: 1998

Postby Rice » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:25 am

i bet it is more than 5 minutes and less than 6 hours. it really depends on how many people are in line. I realize this is a tad abstract, and kinda useless - but that is the best estimate i can give after 6 burns. . .
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby littlebird » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:47 am

I'm currently in the gate line from hell. We got on the 447 at around 10pm, then traffic came to a standstill at 11pm for an hour before even reaching Gerlach. We drove for about 15 minutes and are again at a standstill that started at 12:15am; we still haven't reached Gerlach. At the first standstill everybody got out their cars and hung out. But none of us have gotten out during this one; people aren't even playing their radios anymore. I think everyone is just exhausted. I know I am. Oh well, we'll get there around Tuesday, probably.

ETA: an RV in front of us apparently just said, "fuck it," then turned around and drove back toward Reno.
littlebird

Burning Since: 2013
Camp Name: ToneAge

Postby Rice » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:05 pm

littlebird wrote:I'm currently in the gate line from hell. We got on the 447 at around 10pm, then traffic came to a standstill at 11pm for an hour before even reaching Gerlach. We drove for about 15 minutes and are again at a standstill that started at 12:15am; we still haven't reached Gerlach. At the first standstill everybody got out their cars and hung out. But none of us have gotten out during this one; people aren't even playing their radios anymore. I think everyone is just exhausted. I know I am. Oh well, we'll get there around Tuesday, probably.

ETA: an RV in front of us apparently just said, "fuck it," then turned around and drove back toward Reno.

Well, I did call it :)

So, I have not talked to any of my peeps in Gate, but based on what I have been seeing from last night -> 4-6 hours. Be glad you are there. I am still stuck up here north of Montana, till next year. {le-sigh} Have fun!!!
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Return to Transportation