Early Arrival Pass question

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

Early Arrival Pass question

Postby Freedyjay » Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:05 am

A friend has an early arrive pass as she was planning to help out her camp set up. But she got stuck having to work and now can't arrive until Sunday morning. Can she still use the pass on that day if the gates themselves open for everyone at 6pm? She's worried she'll end up in the penalty area where they put the people who come too early (and the earlier you show up, the later they make you stay there.) Maybe she should aim for 5pm so if she ends up in the penalty area it won't be too rough? Although then loses hours of helping her camp.

Thoughts?
Freedyjay

Re: Early Arrival Pass question

Postby Captain Goddammit » Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:45 am

The pass has a beginning date on it, and its good starting on that date up until regular admission time.
Your friend won't be sent to impound if she has that pass.
"Whaoomph! Whaomph! Burbbleburbblepattpattpattpatt... WHAAAAAaaoooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........!!!"
Top fuel dragster, by Elliot Naess
Captain Goddammit

Burning Since: 2000
Camp Name: Camp Fuck The Vehicle Passes

Postby BetaBox » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:04 am

I arrived at the gate at 4pm Sunday last year and the worker said "wow, you are actually supposed to be here." I had EA for wed, but had MV issues. Don't worry about it.
See you in 2014
BetaBox

Postby Rice » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:54 am

The Early Entry pass is valid from the date listed until the gates actually open. As long as you show up after the pass is valid, you are gold!!
Love Rice

Roach: "I feel like in this day and age, every girl should know how to build a flamethrower."
Rice

Burning Since: 2007

Postby trilobyte » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:13 pm

I'm nudging this over to the transportation board, since that's a better fit for questions about transportation and arrivals to the event.

Sunday is a terrible day to make an early arrival (which is why they don't issue EA's for that date anymore). Expect to get caught in either a queue or the holding lot, or just plan to arrive in time for the 6pm gate opening.
trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to Transportation