Playa Info Directory

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

Playa Info Directory

Postby asr9754 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi, I see the Playa Info Directory at Center Camp is the place to post our camp address so late arrivals can find us.
The website says the Playa Info kiosk is staffed from 9am-6pm
http://www.burningman.com/participate/i ... #directory

What happens after 6pm? It the Playa Info bulletin board still available to look up camp addresses or is the whole thing shut down until the next morning? My camp's second shift is arriving Tuesday afternoon but they may miss the 6pm closing time.

Thank you all. 11 days!....
asr9754

Re: Playa Info Directory

Postby JayBobBoy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:24 pm

The bulletin board is still available, but the staff at the info booth tends to morph into something not terribly helpful, but rather funny, after 6pm. Beware!
"It is all very beautiful and magical here - a quality which cannot be described. You have to live it and breath it., let the sun bake it into you" - Ansel Adams
JayBobBoy

Burning Since: 2002

Re: Playa Info Directory

Postby BoyScoutGirl » Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:31 pm

I believe that, in addition to the physical bulletin board, there are also a few (very dusty) computers with directories where you can leave notes for campmates and look for rideshares.
When he lights his streetlamp, it is as if he brought one more star to life, or one flower.
When he puts out his lamp, he sends the flower, or the star, to sleep.
That is a beautiful occupation.

- Le Petit Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
BoyScoutGirl

Camp Name: Lamplighters!

Return to Transportation