bus to and from playa from Reno

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

bus to and from playa from Reno

Postby flygirl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:00 am

there is a possibility of a bus service to and from the playa this year ..... it would especially serve our community comming through the airport and from foreign countries .... if we can make it happen would you ride ?
Le ART est le ROI
flygirl

Re: bus to and from playa from Reno

Postby some seeing eye » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:49 am

You might check with the volunteers who have run the welcoming committee at the Reno airport - airplayainfo(at)burningman(dot)com . They would know the numbers and logistics. People have to pick up water and food and stuff, so how to work that enters the equation. Might be a good idea to start planning for 2013. You would also need a vendor permit and a lot of coordination with the ORG, and they are starting to get very busy. Good idea though!
increasing the signal to noise ratio with compassion
some seeing eye

Burning Since: 1999
Camp Name: Woo

Postby flygirl » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:40 am

thanks for the response it is just a personal dream of mine....from someone who has had no problem gettting to the playa ...and so many who come from so far away.. i am fortunate ....lots of folks have been talking about ways to help the community..
Le ART est le ROI
flygirl

Postby pink » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:12 pm

ToFlame is running busses from Reno as well as SF and some other points to the playa. They were mentioned in the 'Services' issue of The Jack Rabbit Speaks one or two issues ago.
I'm not a slut, I'm good time floozy!
pink

Burning Since: 2005
Camp Name: Retrofrolic

Postby trilobyte » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:27 am

trilobyte
Site Admin

Burning Since: 2004
Camp Name: Eridu Society

Return to Transportation