In and out privliges for early arrivals

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

In and out privliges for early arrivals

Postby trinity » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:56 pm

I have a few early arrival questions for holders of early arrival passes if anyone can answer them. I have not found anything on BM Website. My camp has early arrival passes to set up our theme camp. First: Is there a shuttle that runs into Gerlach/Empire before the event starts for the people that are setting up theme camps and how much is the cost? (I already know about the shuttle after the event starts, so no need to let me know about that) Second: Once I set up camp, if I decide to drive into Gerlach/Empire I understand there is a $20 per head charge to get back in. Do I need to buy a wrist band for that? Who do I pay and where do I get that? Do I have to wait in line at the gate when driving back in or is there a special entrance somewhere?
trinity

Re: In and out privliges for early arrivals

Postby portaplaya » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:12 pm

The shuttle does not start until the event opens.

People that enter the gate via Early Arrival are issued a special wrist band when they enter, or were in previous years. This and a ticket stub work as in/out privileges until Sunday AM.

It is unwise to leave on Sunday, since the traffic lines are beginning to appear.
portaplaya

Re: In and out privliges for early arrivals

Postby StevenGoodman » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:39 pm

Wrist band and ticket stub should get you in and out prior to Sunday, no charge. They expect camps/artists to need to go into Gerlach/Empire/Sparks/Reno before the event opens. You forget stuff, things break, etc.

Couldn't hurt to have your early entry pass with you ticket stub on the way back in.

Martini Steve
Playawaste Raiders and Megaton Bar and Grill
StevenGoodman

Return to Transportation