Advice on minivan/car hire in San Fran

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

Advice on minivan/car hire in San Fran

Postby gabrielkg » Wed May 02, 2012 11:06 pm

Howdy people! My name is Gabriel, second time posting, first time asking advice :)

Been lucky enough to score tickets for my friend and I for our first burning man. Stoked beyond words its all coming together :D Saw some great info for Sacramento regarding 'burner friendly' rental advice, and hoping that somebody in the area might have similar advice for San Fran. Did a search for san fran and it didnt come up with much (happy to be shown existing threads if they exist), but been reading a lot here and it seems like contracts and cleaning afterwards will be the biggest issues. Happy to pay for a proper clean afterwards, but as mentioned friendly companies would be awesome so i can avoid the 'no off road/BM' contracts and deal with someone understanding. Minivans would be ideal so we can sleep in it, but if not cars will do the treat.

So i guess the question is, where to go in SanFran for burner friendly minivan (or car) hire? And if no luck here who would you recommend to hire from instead?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your time everyone, and look forward to contributing to the madness :)
gabrielkg

Re: Advice on minivan/car hire in San Fran

Postby gabrielkg » Wed May 02, 2012 11:11 pm

Also forgot to mention I am from Australia, and will be flying in and out of San Fran a few days before and after BM.

Cheers! :)
gabrielkg

Return to Transportation