Mutant cars done by people overseas...

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

Mutant cars done by people overseas...

Postby Chris Wood » Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:01 pm

Does this happen often? I can imagine the logistics are complex to try and organise the materials needed to create the art over there or to bring with...

:D
Chris Wood

Re: Mutant cars done by people overseas...

Postby Elliot » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:54 pm

Hi Chris!

I see in your introduction that you have been reading about BM for a couple of weeks, and you are obviously hovering a meter or two above ground. That's wonderful! But now you need to calm down and be realistic again.

Basically, if you have to ask, you are probably not ready to bring a Mutant Vehicle from England.

But as a brain exercise, I see two ways to go about it:

1: Build it in England and have it shipped directly to BRC in a sea-land container.

2: Design it in England and build it here. That would mean moving here long before the event, renting shop space, buying tools and materials and so forth.

Container shipping can be surprisingly affordable, so that would be my first choice. Too many variable with building it here on short notice. But either way, it will cost real money.

Once you are back on the ground, consider whether you really have an idea that "must" be built. I'm learning that just because I have an idea, does not mean I should try to carry it out. I must concentrate on what's doable.

Does this make sense?
Elliot's Bicycle Service, Camel Saddlery and Beverage Salon 5 & G as before, probably.
Ali Elliot Fy Fasan, proprietor

Caravansary Black Rock 2014

ImageImageImage
Millicent The Bus; pedal-vehicles on Playa and in Kinetic Sculpture Races.
Elliot

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Elliot’s Bicycle & Beverage Emporium

Re: Mutant cars done by people overseas...

Postby lemur » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:36 pm

if i recall correctly a group shipped over a largely unmodified.. but still huge... double decker roadmaster bus from england a few years ago..... and im not sure if i remember it correctly, but i think it was the 2nd try to get it to BRC which actually succeeded (for whatever reasons)

it can be done.. ya just need the money! and the willpower
Don't link to anything here!
lemur

Camp Name: Plug N Play Camp

Return to Transportation