anyone know of a good car wash place in the east bay or SF?

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

anyone know of a good car wash place in the east bay or SF?

Postby diatoira » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:39 am

the burning man website's post-playa tips page says there are car wash places in SF that " recognize playafied cars, and take extra steps -- and charge you for them -- to wash your car thoroughly, usually running it through the machine twice, and applying extra elbow grease to your playafied bits." as i live in an apt building, park on the street, and have no access to a hose, i'm hoping to find a really good car wash place to do the interiors and exteriors (did a quick wash when i got back, this is for the deep clean). do folks have recommendations for a place like the one described, preferably in the east bay?
diatoira

Re: anyone know of a good car wash place in the east bay or

Postby theCryptofishist » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:20 am

You can always do the Solar Car Wash, if you don't mind doing it yourself. One's on Telegraph @ Alcatraz and there's another on San Pablo in Berkeley. It's self-serve, however.
Simon's real sig line?

Embrace the Sock

Winners never quilt, quilters never win...
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby diatoira » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:20 pm

yeah, i know the solar car wash places, i'm looking for a full-service place though. i'd like to leave this one to the professionals.
diatoira

Postby mo_corleone » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:57 pm

this place did a fantastic job on my rental car this year: http://www.divisaderotouchless.com/
it's in sf but not too far away from the octavia exit so it should still be reasonably accessible from the east bay.
their $50 burning man special included interior cleaning, exterior cleaning, tires, everything. i think i saw at least 5 different people working on my car. they were very thorough.
~ erratically self-sufficient ~
mo_corleone

Postby creativecstasy » Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:42 am

I went to a place called Classic and Classy in Oakland, approximately 40th and MacArthur. Sketchy neighborhood, and definitely not classic NOR classy. However, they were willing to negotiate on price (Got them down from $80 to $30, cash) and did the best cleaning job I've ever seen.
creativecstasy

Return to Transportation