Sample of Mutant Vehicle registration form

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

Sample of Mutant Vehicle registration form

Postby Stefeeeeen » Thu May 12, 2011 4:08 pm

Hi !

We're planning to build a Mutant Vehicle this year for BM and I am currently in the process of preparing the registration form. I would be interested in seeing a valid registration form of any Mutant Vehicle that has already been accepted to BM in previous years, just to make sure that my form his filled with the appropriate level of details and type of informations. If any of you could post me a link to a downloadable version of an existing registration form, I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks in advance for your help and see you next August!

Stefeeeeen.
Stefeeeeen

Postby Dr Helix » Thu May 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Problem with asking that question is that almost every vehicle is different in some way, so that a good answer for one might not work for another. I wouldn't worry too much though. If you have the form (and I'm assuming you do, based on your post) just answer the questions to the best of your ability. I would definitely stress the interaction of your vehicle with burners and the safety features it has. A picture is vital; even a sketch or drawing is a must. If you're planning on using it at night, make sure it's radically illuminated. They are clamping down harder on night MV's. And if you're planning on flame effects, you better have a real plan. For first year MV's I'd discourage it. They really just want to know if you have a plan, and if the MV suits the playa. It is getting harder, but if you've got a good concept, and a good plan, they'll want you. Good luck!
"Love, Rockets and write when you get work"
Dr Helix

Burning Since: 2008
Camp Name: Interaction Cafe

Postby Dork » Thu May 12, 2011 10:12 pm

I agree. As long as the extent of the modification is clear you shouldn't have a problem. They want to know that you are dramatically altering and hiding the vehicle underneath and that you have thought through any applicable safety issues. If they have any questions they will email you.

Good luck!
Dork

Postby Bob » Thu May 12, 2011 10:50 pm

No soup for you! Next!
Amazing desert structures & stuff: http://sites.google.com/site/potatotrap/

"Let us say I suggest you may be human." -- Reverend Mother Gaius Helen Mohiam
Bob

Burning Since: 1986
Camp Name: Royaneh

Postby Stefeeeeen » Fri May 13, 2011 5:22 pm

OK, thanks a lot for your answers!

Bye.