Pulsing the Exodus

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to the year-specific Share Resources board.

Pulsing the Exodus

Postby burner von braun » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:38 pm

For those that might have missed it, I noticed in the latest JRS, that a pulsing plan might be implemented this year for exodus. (an organized series of groups of vehicles in line, who can remain parked until it is their group's turn to "quickly" leave, rather than creeping along an inch at a time)

Not that I'm looking forward to leaving, but it sounds to me like a good departure method.
burner von braun

Burning Since: 2010

Postby mudpuppy000 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:40 pm

Hmm, that sounds interesting... When does the exodus rush usually start, right after the temple burn or the next morning?
mudpuppy000

Burning Since: 2009
Camp Name: Orphan Endorphin

Postby theCryptofishist » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:42 pm

We'll see how it works.
Possible problems: Exodus is (typically) understaffed, which may make it difficult to implement.
Wise ass burners who've already left the playa in their minds (cough, cough, what the fuck did I just say?) may try and jump the que. (I know that word has five letters, but I have no idea what the other two are. Okay, one might be an e, but I'm stumped."
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Postby Orchid » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:10 pm

theCryptofishist wrote:Wise ass burners who've already left the playa in their minds (cough, cough, what the fuck did I just say?) may try and jump the que. (I know that word has five letters, but I have no idea what the other two are. Okay, one might be an e, but I'm stumped."

Queue :)
Bizarre-looking word, isn't it?
Orchid

Postby theCryptofishist » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:30 am

You know, I thought that that was what it might be, but it seemed so ridiculous that I didn't even type out to see if it looked right.
Or: Ii thoughtht thatat thatat wasas whatat itit mightht--Well that's enough of that, but that's weird even for english spelling.
The Lady with a Lamprey

"The powerful are exploiting people, art and ideas, and this leads to us plebes debating how to best ration ice.
Man, no wonder they always win....." Lonesomebri

Get a Taint, you pathetic cur!
theCryptofishist

Burning Since: 2017

Return to Transportation