Van rental problem - Enterprise

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to Share Resources.

Van rental problem - Enterprise

Postby heikediguoren » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:52 pm

On July 2, I reserved a cargo van with Enterprise for getting to our dustination. Called the location in Oakland today to confirm and make sure they were ok with renting for Burning Man, and the clerk said, "That van probably won't be available. The Burning Man festival is happening that week, and we've got at least 10 van reservations--we don't even have that many vans."

I told her that I'd reserved online, and she said, yes, there was a glitch in the computer system that was letting people make reservations for cargo vans even if there were no vehicles available. I've left a message with the regional manager, but this does not look good. So, two things:

1. Call the pickup location to confirm your rental! Especially if you reserved through Enterprise.

2. Does anyone have a recommendation for a more reliable rental service for a cargo van in the East Bay?
heikediguoren

Postby Boijoy » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:55 pm

that totally sucks! I think they are lying & just don't want to rent to burners.
don't forget to floss
Boijoy

Burning Since: 2006
Camp Name: Metro Mart

Postby junglesmacks » Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:10 pm

http://www.htrucks.com/

Ta-dah!

100% burner friendly rentals in Palo Alto that have been recommended time and again by others. They even have a section about Bm use on the site.. just return it clean, please.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Postby heikediguoren » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:13 pm

junglesmacks wrote:http://www.htrucks.com/

Ta-dah!

100% burner friendly rentals in Palo Alto that have been recommended time and again by others. They even have a section about Bm use on the site.. just return it clean, please.

They are fully booked already. I am of course calling all the rental agencies I can find right now, but does anyone have any other recommendations for van rentals in the Bay Area?
heikediguoren

Postby Clar-i-ty » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:17 pm

We have an enterprise in Vallejo. Worth a try, and only 30 minutes from Oakland. (707) 554-8200
GET OUT OF MY TRUCK HIPPIE!
Clar-i-ty

Burning Since: 2003
Camp Name: GET OFF MY LAWN!

Postby junglesmacks » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:21 pm

You could always just go for the Budget box truck style.. I got mine on corporate rate at $23/day and $0.16/mile.
junglesmacks

Burning Since: I'm not sure

Return to Transportation