Car rental on the cheap? (in Canada)

Bikes, trikes, personal mobility and mutant vehicles - this is the place to discuss general transportation issues. For ride and RV shares, please go to the year-specific Share Resources board.

Car rental on the cheap? (in Canada)

Postby percussivepaul » Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:58 pm

I just found out my car cannot safely handle the long drive to the playa and back, and is too far gone to repair. I expect I will have to rent a car. Not ideal, but better than being stranded in the desert. Probably a small car will be fine, I don't have to haul anything large. How can I minimize the cost? I'm in Vancouver BC.

Should I get my own supplemental and damage insurance to save money? With who, CAA? Are there periodic discounts I should watch our for? Coupons? Corporate partnerships I can take advantage of? I'm a university student (though over 25), does that open any doors? Any companies in particular I should be looking at?

I'll pay full price if I have to, but just looking to save money if I can. Thanks.
percussivepaul

Postby Stickygreen » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:30 am

ask your local peeps on the BMV list, you might even find a ride.....

http://regionals.burningman.com/ca_bc_van.html
)'(
Stickygreen

Postby april_baby » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:38 am

Hi!

My friends and I have rented an RV and we have 1 more seat left if you are interested. Contact me for me details.

Ying Ying =)
april_baby

Return to Transportation